Author Topic: "Pick 2 Draft" 2011 Discussion Thread  (Read 121040 times)

Re: "Pick 2 Draft" 2011 Discussion Thread
« Reply #600 on: January 28, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not sure how many from you last year remember I started sim the pick 2 draft in nba 2k10. I got as far as the first round but then stopped do me getting a full time job. However tonight I threw the game in and simulated the rest of the playoffs and the Bobcats won the Title in 6 games over the Suns. Gerald Wallace was MVP.

Phoneix beat Dallas and San Antonio on the way to the finals and the Bobcats beat the Wizards and were pushed to 7 games by the heat before win that and the finals.

Congrats to whom ever had the Bobcats last year!

If I can find sometime I would like to try to do the same think this year with this years pick 2 draft and hopefully have the results out faster.
I wondered what had happened.  Must be faulty programming for the Utah Salties to have lost in the first round  :o

Blame TJ Ford. You know everyone else would've.
Ouch. 

But in this alternate universe, TJ would have kicked butt.  And playoff Sheed was dynamite.  (well, maybe snap, crackle pop rather than dynamite, but still would have produced.)

« Reply #601 on: January 28, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Again, nothing counts against anyone. You're not going to get a D- if for some reason one of your keepers spontaneously explodes. There will be absolutely no judgment in any official capacity.

I would say however that if you're picking up Greg Oden, you'd picking up injured Greg Oden. If you take Yao you're taking consistently injured Yao. If you take Noah, you'd taking a guy with a pin in his thumb (until 2 days ago). If you take Jermaine O'Neal, you're actually drafting the character "Mr. Glass" from Unbreakable.
If you're drafting Brandon Roy you are doing so without the cartilage. Remember, no cartilage no championships.

Oh wait, did Bill Walton have cartilage in 1986. He might be the exception.

To bad you couldn't keep someone else cartilage to go along with Roy.

« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Could the Trailblazers keep Brandon Roy and the knee cartilidge of a less important player like Patty Mills?

« Reply #603 on: January 29, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Now that the keepers are set and the draft order is in place, who do you think is ahead of the game?

I think the Pacers and the Bucks are in prime positions to take the teams from fringe playoff teams to strong contenders.

I think Boston and SA are in positions to fall from top contender to just playoff teams.

« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Now that the keepers are set and the draft order is in place, who do you think is ahead of the game?

I think the Pacers and the Bucks are in prime positions to take the teams from fringe playoff teams to strong contenders.

I think Boston and SA are in positions to fall from top contender to just playoff teams.

I think NY is on the way of becoming NBA champions
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I think NY is on the way of becoming NBA champions

Bulls are in a great position to succeed with Rose and Boozer in tow, but are eagerly awaiting my handy work to make them a truly awful team.
Yup

« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm sure everyone has a 'plan' to be great.

« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Not me. I just plan (hope?) to be better than the current NBA version of my team.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I know i do

marketing
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

I think Orlando are in the most vulnerable situation amongst the title contenders in the draft. San Antonio are somewhat vulnerable but those concerns can be eased with a strong first pick. The rest of those teams are all in excellent shape.

The New Orleans are very well positioned amongst the lower level playoff teams to make a surge and become a Championship Contender.

« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I know i do

marketing
10 minutes later

« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Not me. I just plan (hope?) to be better than the current NBA version of my team.
That should be achievable. The current Suns team is built very poorly around Nash. Just surrounding him with more complementary role players would add anywhere from 10 to 15 wins to the Suns record.

If you managed to get a second star with your mid first round draft pick, you might have been able to build a 60 win team.

Surprised you picked Vince Carter though ... limits you a bit.

« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

That should be achievable. The current Suns team is built very poorly around Nash. Just surrounding him with more complementary role players would add anywhere from 10 to 15 wins to the Suns record.

If you managed to get a second star with your mid first round draft pick, you might have been able to build a 60 win team.

Surprised you picked Vince Carter though ... limits you a bit.

I think I can still achieve my goal, depending on my first pick. Vince, while not the athlete he once was, can still score 20 a night.

I'm confident that I can replace or exceed the production of all other former Suns via my draft picks. Frye, Hill, Lopez, Gortat: while all decent complementary players, none of them seemed to me to be absolute keepers.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think Orlando are in the most vulnerable situation amongst the title contenders in the draft. San Antonio are somewhat vulnerable but those concerns can be eased with a strong first pick. The rest of those teams are all in excellent shape.

The New Orleans are very well positioned amongst the lower level playoff teams to make a surge and become a Championship Contender.
I agree that Boston, Orlando and SA are the most vulnerable to fall from their positions (not terribly promising as the new GM of SA this year). 

I think of all of them, SA is the most likely to falter.   
Nelson/Howard can be filled around without much dropoff from their current teammates.  Rondo/Garnett will most likely lose at least Ray or PP before they draft without much chance to replace the missing piece with an equivalent.  The best part for them is that they are still a formidable duo.
SA on the other hand has Timmy on the downside of his career and Manu who's a streak shooter but not a fantastic defender.  Parker may be replaceable but as the last team drafting, most of SA's parts will be picked clean before they can be added back to the team and any suitable replacements will most likely be gone as well.

This draft will be a challenge.  My early draft favorites for having the best team at the end is OKC and Miami simply because their 2 keepers are fantastic players and they'll be able to really do well in replacing their current rosters with better overall talent.

« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
All I know is that I am licking my chops..quite a few nice SF's to grab with my first pick!