Author Topic: "Pick 2 Draft" 2011 Discussion Thread  (Read 121031 times)

Re: "Pick 2 Draft" 2011 Discussion Thread
« Reply #585 on: January 28, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
If we're simulating this in 2k10 I'm trading everything I got for Greg Oden.

With this being said - how much weight will Oden (or Yao, for that matter), have in this Pick Two?

Can they indeed be drafted, or kept as Keepers (NickAgneta may want to be made aware of this - he may want to change his keepers).

If we are allowed to go after Oden (If Nick still wants to leave him off the roster), then we should be allowed to go after Brandon Roy or Yao?

NBA 2K10 or 11 will probably NOT account for injuries.

I think this would be a great thing. Just assume that these players (Yao, Oden, Roy) are indeed healthy and just draft the Pick Two accordingly.

If this is so, this changes the landscape here drastically.

Isn't this what we did last year ... assumed all players were healthy? If we take a player as injured, then we take them at current level of injury, which means that can change during the process of the draft. Some people may not have the time to investigate every injured player as to the level of seriousness, when he is expected to return, etc. ... that could get a bit crazy. What if you draft a player and he's injured the next day ... does that count against you?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #586 on: January 28, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If we're simulating this in 2k10 I'm trading everything I got for Greg Oden.

With this being said - how much weight will Oden (or Yao, for that matter), have in this Pick Two?

Can they indeed be drafted, or kept as Keepers (NickAgneta may want to be made aware of this - he may want to change his keepers).

If we are allowed to go after Oden (If Nick still wants to leave him off the roster), then we should be allowed to go after Brandon Roy or Yao?

NBA 2K10 or 11 will probably NOT account for injuries.

I think this would be a great thing. Just assume that these players (Yao, Oden, Roy) are indeed healthy and just draft the Pick Two accordingly.

If this is so, this changes the landscape here drastically.

Isn't this what we did last year ... assumed all players were healthy? If we take a player as injured, then we take them at current level of injury, which means that can change during the process of the draft. Some people may not have the time to investigate every injured player as to the level of seriousness, when he is expected to return, etc. ... that could get a bit crazy. What if you draft a player and he's injured the next day ... does that count against you?
I think you do Bahku, its all about playing the role of GM and thats part of the roll of the dice that every GM has to take when they sign or draft a player.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Again, nothing counts against anyone. You're not going to get a D- if for some reason one of your keepers spontaneously explodes. There will be absolutely no judgment in any official capacity.

I would say however that if you're picking up Greg Oden, you'd picking up injured Greg Oden. If you take Yao you're taking consistently injured Yao. If you take Noah, you'd taking a guy with a pin in his thumb (until 2 days ago). If you take Jermaine O'Neal, you're actually drafting the character "Mr. Glass" from Unbreakable.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #588 on: January 28, 2011, 11:08:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Again, nothing counts against anyone. You're not going to get a D- if for some reason one of your keepers spontaneously explodes. There will be absolutely no judgment in any official capacity.

I would say however that if you're picking up Greg Oden, you'd picking up injured Greg Oden. If you take Yao you're taking consistently injured Yao. If you take Noah, you'd taking a guy with a pin in his thumb (until 2 days ago). If you take Jermaine O'Neal, you're actually drafting the character "Mr. Glass" from Unbreakable.

AHHHHH Dont mention potential keepers!

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #589 on: January 28, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
If you have no announced Keepers, do it MEOW!

« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
As far as injuries go, I think they should be only be considered if they are the:
  • Long Term Variety (out for season) -- Caron Butler
  • Career Threatening -- Brandon Roy? Greg Oden? Yao Ming!
  • Consistently Injured -- regularly misses 20 or so games a season
I couldn't care less about any short (few days/weeks) or medium term (2-3 months) injuries.

« Reply #591 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
As far as injuries go, I think they should be only be considered if they are the:
I couldn't care less about any short (few days/weeks) or medium term (2-3 months) injuries.

More than consistetly Injuried.

Delfino, Redd, Jermaine.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #592 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Delfino, Redd, Jermaine.

List seems to be lacking a certain combo guard who is currently MIA...

« Reply #593 on: January 28, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Delfino, Redd, Jermaine.

CB Draft Champions 2009? And Redd was bombing away in the finals again this year.

Oden and Ming were also both the starting centers of playoff bound teams. People generally want to be optimistic about an injured players recovery prospects.

« Reply #594 on: January 28, 2011, 11:46:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If you're drafting Brandon Roy you are doing so without the cartilage. Remember, no cartilage no championships.

Oh wait, did Bill Walton have cartilage in 1986. He might be the exception.

« Reply #595 on: January 28, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

« Reply #596 on: January 28, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

If you're drafting Brandon Roy you are doing so without the cartilage. Remember, no cartilage no championships.

Oh wait, did Bill Walton have cartilage in 1986. He might be the exception.
His knees were okay, it was his feet/ankles.

« Reply #597 on: January 28, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Gotta say I'm surprised not to see S-Jax kept.

« Reply #598 on: January 28, 2011, 12:21:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He doesn't make much sense except for a win now team. Plus DJ has come alive lately.

« Reply #599 on: January 28, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
He doesn't make much sense except for a win now team. Plus DJ has come alive lately.

I still think he carries great value that you could probably get from a contender, particularly one w/o a set PG.

However I'll plead ignorance to DJ Augustin. Haven't watched much/any Bobcats this year, and was pretty suprised to see his numbers where they are.

I stand corrected - again.