Author Topic: Winter Meetings: 3 big names  (Read 2464 times)

Winter Meetings: 3 big names
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:14:06 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but somehow the offseason always pulls me in.  So from what I've seen, there are three major names out there for the taking (perhaps).

1. Cliff Lee - all signs point to the Yankees, but maybe the Rangers can get a WS discount for him.

2. Carl Crawford - Werth skews the market and the Sox and Yanks might be too divided in their efforts elsewhere, so my best guess is the Angels land him

3. Zach Greinke - least likely to move but what a prize if you could peel him away.  Sounds like Toronto might be in the lead?

any thoughts on those three?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Winter Meetings: 3 big names
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
also, on a more Red Sox centric tac, I wonder if the Sox are shopping Dice-K and Paps in an effort to stock up prospects to flip them to the Royals or some other team looking to dump a star
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Winter Meetings: 3 big names
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but somehow the offseason always pulls me in.  So from what I've seen, there are three major names out there for the taking (perhaps).

1. Cliff Lee - all signs point to the Yankees, but maybe the Rangers can get a WS discount for him.

2. Carl Crawford - Werth skews the market and the Sox and Yanks might be too divided in their efforts elsewhere, so my best guess is the Angels land him

3. Zach Greinke - least likely to move but what a prize if you could peel him away.  Sounds like Toronto might be in the lead?

any thoughts on those three?

The greinke thing is tricky.  I think whichever team loses out on Lee, Rangers or Yanks, they will make a very hard push for him. 

I am hoping Crawford goes to the Angels, because then the sox wont have to deal with him, but also, he would be very fun to watch in the angels system. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16