Author Topic: Remembering Reggie  (Read 6347 times)

Remembering Reggie
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Here's a nice little piece by FLCeltsFan, I thought it deserved to be on here.

http://www.celticslife.com/2010/07/remembering-reggie.html

Rest in peace, Reggie. We still miss you and love you.

Re: Remembering Reggie
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Bump.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Man, that summer of '93 was such a horror...As a 17 year old Celtics fan from Croatia whos life was basketball...first loss of idol Dražen Petrović and 20 days later death of Reggie Lewis...it was brutal for US Celtics fans, for me it was twice as bad  :-[
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Man, that summer of '93 was such a horror...As a 17 year old Celtics fan from Croatia whos life was basketball...first loss of idol Dražen Petrović and 20 days later death of Reggie Lewis...it was brutal for US Celtics fans, for me it was twice as bad  :-[

I liked Drazen, too, so I had it rough as well. I remember Ainge playing with a white piece of tape on his jersey that had number 3 written in black on it.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'l never forget that day. I was out doing sales calls in the Worcester area and was having the biggest sales day of my career. I closed on 3 contracts selling over a half million in capital printing equipment in one day.

Then Eddie Andelman announces on weei that Reggie Lewis had passed. From the utter euphoria of having one of the best career days of my life to having one of my favorite sporting heroes die at the tender age of 27. I was at the time just a few months older than Reggie and it was quite the slap in the face.

Instead of celebrating that night, which I had already made plans to do, I instead jumped on the Mass Pike and sat in horrible traffic, tears streaming down my cheeks, making my way home over the next couple of hours.

Got say, Eddie Andelman always came off as the biggest blowhard(bigger than the Big O and his current group) and I hated his schtick and old boys group, but I give him all the respect in the world for what he did that night on sports radio. He stayed on hours and hours past his 6 o'clock cut off and helped the Boston sporting community grieve. It was something I'll never forget about that day.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 11:58:56 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTFpXgEVw0

:-\

You know, Reggie was my 2nd favorite all-time Celtic after Bird.  I absolutely loved him, and I remember watching him play against the Cavs in the playoffs ('92) realizing that I knew Larry was done but Reggie was going to carry this team.  I was crushed when he died, and I remember even as a 21 year old how hard that hit me, and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever looked at the Celtics the same since.  When McHale retired shortly thereafter, it was like my heart was stomped on and I couldn't take it any more.

I like the Celtics still, but it's not the same.  Those were my "childhood" guys and watching this video (greatly done, btw!) was hard to watch.  People who never saw him play will never know how GREAT (and I mean GREAT) he was...and what he would have become.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTFpXgEVw0

:-\

You know, Reggie was my 2nd favorite all-time Celtic after Bird.  I absolutely loved him, and I remember watching him play against the Cavs in the playoffs ('92) realizing that I knew Larry was done but Reggie was going to carry this team.  I was crushed when he died, and I remember even as a 21 year old how hard that hit me, and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever looked at the Celtics the same since.  When McHale retired shortly thereafter, it was like my heart was stomped on and I couldn't take it any more.

I like the Celtics still, but it's not the same.  Those were my "childhood" guys and watching this video (greatly done, btw!) was hard to watch.  People who never saw him play will never know how GREAT (and I mean GREAT) he was...and what he would have become.

I grew up on Pierce and Antoine because i’m only 23 years old, but I consider myself a bit of a basketball historian. So as i may not have the emotional pull that you have, i’m still very aware of who Reggie was, the effect he had on the community, his play on the court, and what he represented going forward for the organization.

It’s like the big three stepping down and Rondo (god forbid) having some sort of fatal accident
 :'(

:'(

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
RIP #35

Wow 2:14-2:20 Tommy must have had a heart attack from all those Tommy Points!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
RIP #35

Wow 2:14-2:20 Tommy must have had a heart attack from all those Tommy Points!

LOL i was thinking of that when i was making it.

i’m counting like this...

Larry-1
DJ- 1
Reggie- 2

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

Offline Willisdellisa5

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hi,

Myself Guillermo,i have joined this forum to be a part of some valuable discussions and share some tips for choosing the best promotional gifts for your business.
Kitchen Cabinets for Sale is the best Option for change of your kitchen

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
Hi,

Myself Guillermo,i have joined this forum to be a part of some valuable discussions and share some tips for choosing the best promotional gifts for your business.

can we get this deleted?