Author Topic: Nate to Celtics Official / Danny's take (merged Nate threads)  (Read 103025 times)

Nate to Celtics Official / Danny's take (merged Nate threads)
« on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »

Offline Celts17Pride

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/02/16/2010-02-16_new_york_knicks_working_on_deal_to_ship_nate_robinson_to_rival_boston_celtics.html#ixzz0fkuseGXR

CHICAGO - The Knicks have been looking to relocate Nate Robinson since December and they may have found a taker in the Boston Celtics.

According to a league source, the Knicks and their Atlantic Division rival are working on a deal that would send Robinson, the back-up guard and three-time Slam Dunk champion, to Boston. Since Robinson is entering the last year of his contract the Knicks will only take back expiring contracts.

Eddie House, who played for Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix, has an expiring contract as does Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine.

The Knicks have been trying to trade Robinson since December when D'Antoni benched the energetic yet erratic guard for 14 games. The Knicks were in talks with the Memphis Grizzlies but the deal never progressed once Robinson informed the club that he wouldn't approve a trade to Memphis.

Robinson has veto power but according to a source close to the situation Robinson would gladly accept a trade to Boston.

Robinson did not accompany the Knicks to Chicago. According to the club, he is home with the flu.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:18:31 PM by Donoghus »

Re: Nate Robinson to BOS?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/02/16/2010-02-16_new_york_knicks_working_on_deal_to_ship_nate_robinson_to_rival_boston_celtics.html#ixzz0fkuseGXR

CHICAGO - The Knicks have been looking to relocate Nate Robinson since December and they may have found a taker in the Boston Celtics.

According to a league source, the Knicks and their Atlantic Division rival are working on a deal that would send Robinson, the back-up guard and three-time Slam Dunk champion, to Boston. Since Robinson is entering the last year of his contract the Knicks will only take back expiring contracts.

Eddie House, who played for Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix, has an expiring contract as does Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine.

The Knicks have been trying to trade Robinson since December when D'Antoni benched the energetic yet erratic guard for 14 games. The Knicks were in talks with the Memphis Grizzlies but the deal never progressed once Robinson informed the club that he wouldn't approve a trade to Memphis.

Robinson has veto power but according to a source close to the situation Robinson would gladly accept a trade to Boston.

Robinson did not accompany the Knicks to Chicago. According to the club, he is home with the flu.

Do we really want a guy with the flu?

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
The flu, you say?

Welcome to Boston, Nate. Please choose a number  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:34:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I was against it months ago , but love it now. He brings so much more to the table than Eddie. Daniels is back now so TA mins would go down anyways

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I really do hope he feels better, but this would be about my least favorite of the recently discussed possibilities.   But, I realize this is not for Ray, so this may be the small (pun intended) deal followed by a bigger one.

I was getting a little hopeful for Hinrich who I thought would be a great fit (despite the contract).

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
These millionaire athletes get the flu so much....especially when they're about to get traded. Must be a side effect.  :-\ ::)
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Paul Pierce- "Hey, i found a backup point guard!"

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
of the guys who match up, anyone have a preference? i think eddie house is totally expendable if we bring in nate. house has struggled this year. TA has played so well of late, i would hate to see him go right now.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
very good find. i guess we have our #2 PG..i just hope it is for scal and eddie...we need to keep TA....time to poop or get off the pot with ray

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
This just might be my favorite post ever since joining Celticsblog, way to go sir.

Paul Pierce- "Hey, i found a backup point guard!"

CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Me like. Maybe he'll have couple of 40pts games in Boston. The bench gets better. But The problem is still the starters. Hopefully KG heals up. And Ray come out of his funk.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
very good find. i guess we have our #2 PG..i just hope it is for scal and eddie...we need to keep TA....time to poop or get off the pot with ray

Isn't it funny how the tides have changed on TA? I feel the same way. He really has solidified himself into the 2nd unit. I know he isn't Posey, but he does give us a high energy defensive stopper.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
it needs to be eddie and scal. no need for either one of them really. report also says that any talks with the kings are dead. looks like we keep ray  :)

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Me like. Maybe he'll have couple of 40pts games in Boston. The bench gets better. But The problem is still the starters. Hopefully KG heals up. And Ray come out of his funk.

Alot of it is just the starters not making any hustle plays. Marquis is out there getting offensive rebounds, TA and going for loose balls, Baby is hustling on the boards, Rasheed is playing like a forward instead of a guard... nobody on the starters is doing that stuff.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
God I hope this isn't true

Can't stand the player

Can't stand his game

Can't stand his ego

Can't stand his attitude

Can't stand the thought of him on this team
Pick 2 Knicks