Author Topic: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)  (Read 24981 times)

Re: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I still don't get why we need to trade Ray if we want Jamison.  House, TA, Scal, and Giddens works.  It's just as palatable to Washington, since their goal is just to clear salary (Miller expires this summer anyway, so moving him doesn't help them).  And it helps us as we keep Ray Allen both as a player and as a possible trading chip in a sign and trade next year.  

But this option value is potential important to Washington as well.  That is why Ray is more valuable than the loose parts you listed.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Trade has been agreed to, per ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4912262

What is the new starting lineup for the Mavs? Does Butler move to SG, or does Dirk move to C, with Butler and Marion taking the forward slots?

As Drucci mentioned, Washington needs to cut someone. Crittenton seems like a likely candidate. I suspect this is only the beginning of their moves before the deadline.

As a fantasy owner, I can only hope this leads to the liberation of Javale McGee. Free Javale!
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 08:14:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm rootin Mavs from here on out in the west.

Go Tuff Juice!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I don't know about you guys, but I'm rootin Mavs from here on out in the west.

Go Tuff Juice!

Caron got mad skills. Haywood gets double/double nightly

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 08:59:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Caron is a big upgrade over Howard, and Haywood is the center Dallas needed. Washington gets fleeced.

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Trade has been agreed to, per ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4912262

What is the new starting lineup for the Mavs? Does Butler move to SG, or does Dirk move to C, with Butler and Marion taking the forward slots?

As Drucci mentioned, Washington needs to cut someone. Crittenton seems like a likely candidate. I suspect this is only the beginning of their moves before the deadline.

As a fantasy owner, I can only hope this leads to the liberation of Javale McGee. Free Javale!

great job wiz, heck of a way to rebuild the team rep after the arenas incident. what's next, trading Jamison and Miller for Artest?

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Hmm...

They can play Blatche at PF instead of Jamison, so they can dump him and try to get some pieces to build with.

Let me throw some blasphemy out there.  Feel free to crucify, but please think it over first:

I'm pretty worred about KG's mobility, and am wondering if he could play the 5 instead, so the lateral quickness isn't exposed as much.  It would make sense to have Jamison alongside him then, and also make Perk movable (see Perk thread) in a deal.  I think we'd be a more up-tempo team with Jamison at the 4, which would suit Rondo's skills well.  And we don't have to wonder about the inevitable overpaying of Perk.

Ray/Perk/2nd rounder
for
Jamison/M.Miller/Foye

Lineups look like:
Rondo/Foye
Miller/Foye.......House/Giddens
Pierce/Daniels....TA/Walker
Jamison/BBD.......Scal
KG/Sheed..........S.Williams

We have Bird rights for Miller and Foye, compete for title this year, with some flexibility for next year.  We become much deeper and more mobile on both ends of the floor, and improve our rebounding with Miller.  House never sees the court with the lights on, which is a bonus.

Of course we'd rather move Sheed, but his trade kicker makes that near-impossible this year.  We need to accept that.

Of course we'd rather move BBD, but he doesn't have the value to make a trade like this actually happen, IMHO, and plays the same position at Blatche.  They'd do it for Perk.

It may not be my favorite Ray/Perk trade, but would work and make us better.

Okay...shoot.

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

great job wiz, heck of a way to rebuild the team rep after the arenas incident. what's next, trading Jamison and Miller for Artest?

..eeer, perhaps Jamison+Miller for R. Allen+Bill Walker?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hmm...

They can play Blatche at PF instead of Jamison, so they can dump him and try to get some pieces to build with.

Let me throw some blasphemy out there.  Feel free to crucify, but please think it over first:

I'm pretty worred about KG's mobility, and am wondering if he could play the 5 instead, so the lateral quickness isn't exposed as much.  It would make sense to have Jamison alongside him then, and also make Perk movable (see Perk thread) in a deal.  I think we'd be a more up-tempo team with Jamison at the 4, which would suit Rondo's skills well.  And we don't have to wonder about the inevitable overpaying of Perk.

Ray/Perk/2nd rounder
for
Jamison/M.Miller/Foye

Lineups look like:
Rondo/Foye
Miller/Foye.......House/Giddens
Pierce/Daniels....TA/Walker
Jamison/BBD.......Scal
KG/Sheed..........S.Williams

We have Bird rights for Miller and Foye, compete for title this year, with some flexibility for next year.  We become much deeper and more mobile on both ends of the floor, and improve our rebounding with Miller.  House never sees the court with the lights on, which is a bonus.

Of course we'd rather move Sheed, but his trade kicker makes that near-impossible this year.  We need to accept that.

Of course we'd rather move BBD, but he doesn't have the value to make a trade like this actually happen, IMHO, and plays the same position at Blatche.  They'd do it for Perk.

It may not be my favorite Ray/Perk trade, but would work and make us better.

Okay...shoot.

I hate that trade.

Rondo and Perkins should be off the table unless an elite...and I mean elite...player is coming back.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
garnett is not a center...sometimes he barely represents a power-forward.  come playoff time, especially if the C's went deep, he'd get killed down low...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:20 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
garnett is not a center...sometimes he barely represents a power-forward.  come playoff time, especially if the C's went deep, he'd get killed down low...

Maybe, but I think he could hold his own against most opponents.  We'd still be screwed against Atlanta, but could outrun the Cavs.  He'd be fine agaist Miami, Chicago or Charlotte.  I'm not worred about LA in that matchup, either.

I've got a strong feeling he'll get killed against all of the PF's on those teams, though, with the wooden leg ang all.