Author Topic: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)  (Read 24980 times)

Re: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Any chance Jamison could be that big man the Kings want?

maybe...because a ray for jamison deal doesn't do anything to improve this team

Yep.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygcjvbv

is stevenson in the deal to dallas? i would only deal ray for jamison if miller was involved or if we knew ray was going to get bought out and he could come right back to boston. i just dont see what jamison for ray does to help us? who plays the SG? Daniels? well who backs up rondo then? eddie? house is horrible. he cant defend anyone. i think boston creates more issues if they do trade ray for jamison straight up. doesn't make sense. there has to be more to it.

but really in the end...i expect no moves to be made. I expect danny to say he likes this team as it is and thinks they are a contender despite blowing 11 double digit leads for losses.....it isn't about health anymore with this team

Click on those idea.  Both send Jamison to Sac for Martin. 

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31:39 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Any chance Jamison could be that big man the Kings want?

maybe...because a ray for jamison deal doesn't do anything to improve this team

Yep.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygcjvbv

is stevenson in the deal to dallas? i would only deal ray for jamison if miller was involved or if we knew ray was going to get bought out and he could come right back to boston. i just dont see what jamison for ray does to help us? who plays the SG? Daniels? well who backs up rondo then? eddie? house is horrible. he cant defend anyone. i think boston creates more issues if they do trade ray for jamison straight up. doesn't make sense. there has to be more to it.

but really in the end...i expect no moves to be made. I expect danny to say he likes this team as it is and thinks they are a contender despite blowing 11 double digit leads for losses.....it isn't about health anymore with this team

Click on those idea.  Both send Jamison to Sac for Martin. 

i think martin is the guy danny really wants in all of this. he knows a young group of martin, rondo and perk is a pretty good bridge. i am all for trading if we can get martin.

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
and in the end i think the cavs will go after jamison. he will be cheaper...prolly allowing them to keep hickson.......he could be had for Z and Wally's contract....he fits their system beterr and they need a guy that can stretch from the 3 and 4....this would give the cavs a great bench....gibson, west, moon, hickson, varajo, and prolly Z again when he gets bought out.

which leaves amare out there...which is who boston should target....

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Miller and Jamison might be a decent deal especially if Ray gets bought out.  Another deal that might be better is Stoudemire and Barbosa for Allen and Perk. 

I'm not sure that Perk is going to be able to be resigned.  He is not happy with his lack of shots which led to his being benched in the Orlando game.   

Stoudemire, Wallace and Garnet  make a good big three in the paint.  Barbosa backs up the point.

Perhaps then send BBD and a bunch of expirings for Mike Miller and we would be back in the mix.

I was thinking Ray/Perk for Amare/JRich, but I'd take  Barbosa as well.  With Richardson we'd need to throw in a couple more small contracts to make the $$ work.  Next year Richardson, Amare and Pierce would be big expiring deals (about $50 milllion total) -- so conceivable to start over if not working.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:28:15 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Is it possible that the Celtics might go after Josh Howard and Jamison together?

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »

Offline RonnieG

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Is it possible that the Celtics might go after Josh Howard and Jamison together?

I thought about that, seems unlikely but who knows?

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!

The C's would get in for a three-way deal in that case.

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 10:30:44 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

JHoward appears to be injury prone and too much of a pot-head.  I would stay away from him.

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
There is an interesting tidbit in an article about the Washington/Dallas trade (per BulletsForever) :

According to their report, Washington would receive Howard and Gooden, as well as James Singleton and Quinton Ross.  As we've mentioned before, this would be an issue because the Wizards are already at their roster limit and this deal would be bringing in more players than it sends out.  This tidbit at the end of the article provides some insight to how the issue could be resolved :

"The thinking is that the Wizards may use either Singleton or Ross, or perhaps both, to facilitate another trade."

Very interesting.  I can't see how either Singleton or Ross would help facilitate trading Antawn Jamison to the Cavaliers or Celtics, so perhaps there is another trade that we haven't heard rumors about that could be in the works as well.

I don't think it has something to do with us, but who knows?

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
There is an interesting tidbit in an article about the Washington/Dallas trade (per BulletsForever) :

According to their report, Washington would receive Howard and Gooden, as well as James Singleton and Quinton Ross.  As we've mentioned before, this would be an issue because the Wizards are already at their roster limit and this deal would be bringing in more players than it sends out.  This tidbit at the end of the article provides some insight to how the issue could be resolved :

"The thinking is that the Wizards may use either Singleton or Ross, or perhaps both, to facilitate another trade."

Very interesting.  I can't see how either Singleton or Ross would help facilitate trading Antawn Jamison to the Cavaliers or Celtics, so perhaps there is another trade that we haven't heard rumors about that could be in the works as well.

I don't think it has something to do with us, but who knows?

Don't they have to cut players to open up roster spots before they complete the trade?

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I still don't get why we need to trade Ray if we want Jamison.  House, TA, Scal, and Giddens works.  It's just as palatable to Washington, since their goal is just to clear salary (Miller expires this summer anyway, so moving him doesn't help them).  And it helps us as we keep Ray Allen both as a player and as a possible trading chip in a sign and trade next year.  

We then flip BBD for D.J. Augustin and we have a very, very impressive 9-man rotation.  

I know some people view this as less appetizing for Washington, but why?  What's Ray Allen going to be to them after this year?  The same thing TA, Eddie, Scal, and J.R. are going to be: expired contracts.  And if the plan is to tank for a draft pick, they're probably better off with our not so dynamic foursome than Ray Allen. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:21:50 AM by Jon »

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
I still don't get why we need to trade Ray if we want Jamison.  House, TA, Scal, and Giddens works.  It's just as palatable to Washington, since their goal is just to clear salary (Miller expires this summer anyway, so moving him doesn't help them).  And it helps us as we keep Ray Allen both as a player and as a possible trading chip in a sign and trade next year.  

We then flip BBD for D.J. Augustin and we have a very, very impressive 9-man rotation.  

I know some people view this as less appetizing for Washington, but why?  What's Ray Allen going to be to them after this year?  The same thing TA, Eddie, Scal, and J.R. are going to be: expired contracts.  And if the plan is to tank for a draft pick, they're probably better off with our not so dynamic foursome than Ray Allen. 
The Wizards would very likely waive Ray Allen anyway.

It can be a pre-agreed point between the two sides.

Allow the Celtics to keep their bench intact. House is the main backup guard. TA the secondary backup wing. Scal the only big with enough mobility to defend athletic/perimeter orientated fours. Giddens is irrelevant.

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Allow the Celtics to keep their bench intact. House is the main backup guard. TA the secondary backup wing. Scal the only big with enough mobility to defend athletic/perimeter orientated fours. Giddens is irrelevant.

That's iffy. 

Plus, when was the last time Scal actually played, despite our injury problems?  More importantly, if Jamison is here, he'll fill the need for a quick 4 on the perimeter. 

And with Daniels back (and the likelihood that Jamison will at least get spot minutes at the 3), TA isn't going to play anymore. 

Giddens doesn't matter.

The only player that we might feel a loss of at all is House; however, if we could flip BBD for Augistin, that's negated. 

Plus, losing TA and House (who both could be replaced with buyout players) isn't nearly as bad as losing Ray. 

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410

That's iffy. 

Plus, when was the last time Scal actually played, despite our injury problems?  More importantly, if Jamison is here, he'll fill the need for a quick 4 on the perimeter. 

And with Daniels back (and the likelihood that Jamison will at least get spot minutes at the 3), TA isn't going to play anymore. 

Giddens doesn't matter.

The only player that we might feel a loss of at all is House; however, if we could flip BBD for Augistin, that's negated. 

Plus, losing TA and House (who both could be replaced with buyout players) isn't nearly as bad as losing Ray. 

It's questionable if Washington do not agree to it prior to making the trade.

If the Wizards do agree, and they likely will, I think it's the better option.

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:49 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

That's iffy. 

Giddens doesn't matter.

I'm very confident that Ray would be bought out by Washington.  No good reason for them not to.

As for following up a 4-for-1 swap with a Baby trade, Big Baby is virtually impossible to flip by himself.  He needs JR or other expiring contracts to overcome the BYC restrictions.

Finally, I'm not sure if Danny feels the same way, but I think Miller is the prize piece from Washington: the only feasible upgrade Ray option I see.  I don't think Jamison by himself makes this team a favorite.  Depending on Ray for 40 minutes of good defense and 15 efficient points a night in the playoffs is a scary proposition to me and Jamison by himself doesn't change that.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri