Author Topic: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)  (Read 24977 times)

Re: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Jamison alone makes 0 sense for this team unless the FO thinks KG is cooked.
Bingo.

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »

Offline RonnieG

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
KG is cooked

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 01:29:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
if KG is cooked it makes more sense to go for Amare.

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 02:45:43 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
It seems all related to me:

1) The Ray for Jamison&Butler rumor appears
2) Some minutes later Butler is going to sign for Dallas
3) The Celtics are interested in Jamison rumor appears
4) Cavs go after Stoudemire

Maybe the Cavs are just no stupid like Dallas to think these rumors are true...

Anyway, Jamison will go to Cleveland.

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 03:04:25 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
If ownership were willing to splurge on the contract I'd do Ray for Miller and Jamison and hope that Ray gets bought out to field an embarassment of riches at 2-4 positions.

Jamison is outrageously expensive, but he's a nice upgrade to Big Baby.  Miller would,IMHO, be the most valuable player in the trade.  He'd give us a functioning elite shooter who can actually rebound, handle and pass.  Basically what Ray can't do so well anymore.  Resign a bought out Ray and trot a playoff rotation of:

Rondo, Daniels
Miller, Ray
Pierce, Ray
KG, Jamison
Perk (in a much reduced role), Sheed

Definitely no more athletic than we were, but we could expect a return to the elite level shooting that made our offense so deadly last year, while our league leading defense should remain intact.  Our rebounding would improve with the addition of Miller to the rotation.  Ray's freshness coming off the bench would probably also increase his deep shooting, defense and rebounding.  The Ray/Daniels bench backcourt could really force a lot of mismatches as well.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 04:14:58 AM »

Offline JIMTONIK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
the couple Butler/Jamison would be a steal, and would change the entire face of the eastern conference.
But Jamison alone, would not improve so much this team,and we'r going to add an other old man, with bad contract.
Actually we are not a contender, and Cavs may destroy us.
Also Magic and Hawks can defeat easily in a playoff series.
In my opinion, we'r going to resque from the first round.
We need a big change,for competing.
"Prima mi faccio, poi vi dico"

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
i think it is time for danny to think about just rebuilding for next season. keep ray and let his contract run out...make a move in the off season by reworking this team. jamison does nothing to get boston out of round 2 of the playoffs. boston is not going to win the east with ray or with jamison. just play the season out with what we have. take our early exit from the playoffs and start over

That is what might very well materialize ... but I don't mind Danny being connected to ideas - that is his job.  Ray is the most valuable chip they have cap relief wise, would be irresponsible to at least see what they could buy. 

But if they can turn Scal, Allen, Giddens that combination into a good rotation player, that is worth looking at ... this team needs some physicality in their rotation.  This team as is will not escape Round 2 ... but this team with a couple of tweaks and internal performance improvement could ...

i agree kicking the tires...but ray for just jamison is a bad deal. they need to purge themselves of giddens, scal, baby, eddie for a good role guy like you said. i really dont think it matters who they target..boston is not winning the east esp with the cavs about to get amare. i think you move ray for a younger guy for the future

The Cavs are the favorites because they went into LA on Xmas day and kicked the snot out of the Lakers.  They are the favorites because Shaq gives them the one thing they were missing last season - a way to defend Dwight Howard honestly.  Amare is probably a semi-lateral move for this team.  He adds nothing they are missing, he is one of the worst defensive players in the league at his position and he was a poor fit last year with Shaq.  Given the Cavs defensive oriented identity, the impact is not what it would be elsewhere ... part of what makes them a great team would slip because of having to play Amare 30 minutes a night.

The Cavs were the favorites last year as well. They peak too soon.

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
That does make more sense to me, because we would get back Jamison and Mike Miller, and Mike Miller is a heck of a player and can flat out shoot.

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 06:00:06 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
Miller and Jamison might be a decent deal especially if Ray gets bought out.  Another deal that might be better is Stoudemire and Barbosa for Allen and Perk. 

I'm not sure that Perk is going to be able to be resigned.  He is not happy with his lack of shots which led to his being benched in the Orlando game.   

Stoudemire, Wallace and Garnet  make a good big three in the paint.  Barbosa backs up the point.

Perhaps then send BBD and a bunch of expirings for Mike Miller and we would be back in the mix.

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Miller and Jamison might be a decent deal especially if Ray gets bought out.  Another deal that might be better is Stoudemire and Barbosa for Allen and Perk. 

I'm not sure that Perk is going to be able to be resigned.  He is not happy with his lack of shots which led to his being benched in the Orlando game.   

Stoudemire, Wallace and Garnet  make a good big three in the paint.  Barbosa backs up the point.

Perhaps then send BBD and a bunch of expirings for Mike Miller and we would be back in the mix.

Interesting I didn't hear the comment about Perk being benched although it doesn't surprise me.  His opinion of himself is what helped him become a more polished player but, the downside is that it's hard to tell someone to ' know your role ' if they end up having some success.  It's the same concept with Rondo only Rondo has the skills to go along with the confidence but, with so much older talent he still needs to ' know his role '.  Regardless neither is the cornerstone of the next banner.  Nice pieces (especially Rondo) just not cornerstones.  Disappointing though when you take into consideration all the work Perk put in to get where he is and to end having to be traded because he ends up thinking he's better than he really is.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Any chance Jamison could be that big man the Kings want?

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

maybe...because a ray for jamison deal doesn't do anything to improve this team

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yep.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 09:21:39 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Yep.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygcjvbv

is stevenson in the deal to dallas? i would only deal ray for jamison if miller was involved or if we knew ray was going to get bought out and he could come right back to boston. i just dont see what jamison for ray does to help us? who plays the SG? Daniels? well who backs up rondo then? eddie? house is horrible. he cant defend anyone. i think boston creates more issues if they do trade ray for jamison straight up. doesn't make sense. there has to be more to it.

but really in the end...i expect no moves to be made. I expect danny to say he likes this team as it is and thinks they are a contender despite blowing 11 double digit leads for losses.....it isn't about health anymore with this team