Author Topic: Celtics discussing a Jamison/Butler for Ray/Scal/JR trade according to Y!Sports  (Read 64480 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Honestly, this seems too good to be true.  Houston can offer up TMac plus a good prospect too.  Wonder if Washington floated this rumor to up the ante for their guys.

About 4 million dollars that T-Mac is owed vs. Ray and JR. 

That equals a lot of money this year.
Plus Ray is more likely to be inclined to take a buyout.

DC could really save money getting below the Tax.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Why is no one else talking about it? Where's Mark Spears?

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Please happen. please!!!!!!!!!!
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Interesting. Who comes off the bench?

And who plays the 2?

I don't think Paul is quick enough to defend two's on the premieter anymore, can butler?

Assuming butler can I'd say you rotation looks like:

PG: Rondo/Dainels
SG: Butler/ Daniels/ TA
SF: Pierce/ Butler/ Ta/ Daniels
PF: KG/ JAmision/ davis
C: Perk/ Sheed/ Davis

The above is pretty rock solid, in particular, look at that wing rotation

Butler is a better two than three in my opinion.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why is no one else talking about it? Where's Mark Spears?
Probably working the phones hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if this rumor is just BOS/Wash both trying to drive better offers. But I'd love for it to go down.

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Cautiously optmistic here. Also how long would it take for Butler/Jamison to learn our defensive rotations?

I understand that our talent level goes way up but it would take a hell of a coaching job to get these guys integrated and playing at a championship caliber.

Getting those comments out of the way...let's go! What a shot in the arm this would be for the city and the team.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just read this on a realgm board, take it with a grain of salt and don't get your hopes too high but... definitely exciting!

Saw this elsewhere online, but someone says that people at the Boston Herald are saying this deal is basically done, and they are merely finishing up final details before finalizing the trade. I haven't heard that yet with any of the other crazy rumors. I really hope this goes down!

IF it does, we might as well be introduced as the 2010 NBA Champs from now on lol.
jimp

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
This is a LOT of salary to be adding down the road because of Jamison's remaining 3 years. I went to bed last night w/dreams of a Wash trade and it was weird to see it this morning when I first woke up.

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Interesting. Who comes off the bench?

And who plays the 2?

I don't think Paul is quick enough to defend two's on the premieter anymore, can butler?

Assuming butler can I'd say you rotation looks like:

PG: Rondo/Dainels
SG: Butler/ Daniels/ TA
SF: Pierce/ Butler/ Ta/ Daniels
PF: KG/ JAmision/ davis
C: Perk/ Sheed/ Davis

The above is pretty rock solid, in particular, look at that wing rotation

I think that if this deal gets done, Danny ships Big Baby to Charlotte to get Augustin.

http://www.projo.com/celtics/content/celtics_trade_deadline_02-12-10_K0HE73K_v2.24ebdf2.html
“I haven’t had any discussions with Charlotte. There was some speculation that they were looking for a four [power forward], and we were looking for a backup point guard. People try to put things together. We have had no discussions. I like the player in the trade [Augustin], but we like Glen Davis a lot too."

Hmmmmm, wonder if he's bluffing?

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
This is a LOT of salary to be adding down the road because of Jamison's remaining 3 years. I went to bed last night w/dreams of a Wash trade and it was weird to see it this morning when I first woke up.
Yeah, but if ownership will commit to it, it'd be worth it. We'd still be setup to rebuild once KG's deal is done. It'd be a bit more difficult, but the upgrade now is worth it.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I love Ray, I wish he could retire a C, but...I'd take this deal in a second.  This is the only package other than the very unlikely Iguodala deal that I think would be worth it to send Ray away.  It gives us more depth and lengthens our championship window by another year, perhaps two.  I hope we can get this done.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Boston.com is weak... seriously, they can't do anything more than reference the yahoo article?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/cs_wizards_rumo.html

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
On the front page of realgm right now. yahooooooo.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
On the front page of realgm right now. yahooooooo.
Great, now we know it won't happen....

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Boston.com is weak... seriously, they can't do anything more than reference the yahoo article?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/cs_wizards_rumo.html

Yea, it's always funny to me how the national media gets the leaks before the local guys that are with the team every day.