Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2009 - 2010  (Read 54904 times)

NCAA Basketball 2009 - 2010
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:42:23 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thread for general discussion of Men's NCAA College Basketball in the 2009-2010 season.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: NCAA Basketball 2009 - 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Anyone catch the Kansas/Kansas State game played in Manhattan? Awesome contest taken into over-time ... The Truth is a happy guy today. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:53:16 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Sherron Collins showed a lot of heart.  Came back from being benched with cramps and a twisted ankle to win the game for the Jayhawks. 

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!          March Madness!!!

"Bracketology" on the way! I love this time of year ... the Celtics heading toward the post-season, the excitement building with March Madness, Spring Training for the Sox, the NFL Draft on the way ... gotta love March!! ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:51:33 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
EVERYONE ELSE OUT OF THE WAY - IT'S OUR YEAR BABY!

After sitting in the 3rd row of the student section on the floor last Saturday at the highest-attended on-campus home game ever, I know for sure that no one has better fans, and no one has a better team this year than Syracuse.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:43 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

After sitting in the 3rd row of the student section on the floor last Saturday at the highest-attended on-campus home game ever, I know for sure that no one has better fans, and no one has a better team this year than Syracuse.

Number One in the Power Rankings, too ... really awesome team, and one of my favorites, I have to admit. Kansas also, and my boys the Tar Heels, (they're going to surprise people).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:13:13 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm a huge UNC fan, but they need to win the ACC tourny to get in to the dance.  I'm not sure they can do that with Davis out.
do it

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 02:16:45 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm a huge UNC fan, but they need to win the ACC tourny to get in to the dance.  I'm not sure they can do that with Davis out.

Nice to know there's another Tar Heel fan here (TP) ... you'll find there are very few, and that there is a great deal of anti-UNC sentiment here, unfortunately. At least I don't feel so alone anymore! (And I agree about Davis) ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 05:41:10 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I havn't been following too much. But with all the hype about John Wall, I'm more impressed with his Kentucky teammate DeMarcus Cousins, he's an absolute beast. He's strong, athletic and can rebound well. But he needs to learn to keep his head cool.
Kentucky is no doubt a team to look out for?
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 06:42:28 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I havn't been following too much. But with all the hype about John Wall, I'm more impressed with his Kentucky teammate DeMarcus Cousins, he's an absolute beast. He's strong, athletic and can rebound well. But he needs to learn to keep his head cool.
Kentucky is no doubt a team to look out for?

This guy right here knows what's up. Everyone should give him a TP.

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 09:05:53 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Teams to keep an eye on for surprise tourney runs

Maryland - Vasquez is a bit of a "head case/doesn't have it all up there" type player but at the college level he can dominate the game in very way. Then with Landon Milbourne and Jordan Williams, the Terps have a very nice inside out big man combo that can rebound and block shots. Add Sean Moseley, an absolute gunner from the outside and Maryland needs to be paid attention to. They have a big game tonight with Duke and a win could mean a decent seeding

Baylor - this team is a bit Jekyl/Hyde at times but when they have it together they have the ability to just run over some people in the tourney. In LaceDarius Dunn and Tweety Carter they have the prerequisite very good backcourt duo which is necessary in the tourney. Then future NBA big man Ekpe Udoh, does all the dirty work with rebounding, blocking shots and inside scoring. They also have a bunch of very good defensively, role players that compliment their three stars very well

Vanderbilt - scanning over their stat sheet on a nightly basis you won't see anyone that sticks out. But somehow they can get it done. They've had big wins over Florida(twice), Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Mississippi and took  Kentucky to the limit twice before faltering late. This is truly a T-E-A-M but look for big things in the tourney from A.J. Oglivy and Jeffery Taylor the teams C and SF, respectively and look for Vandy to be led in the backcourt by Jermaine Beal and very impressive unheralded freshman John Jenkins

Yeah the big teams in the 1 and 2 seeds like Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Syracuse, Duke and Ohio State should blast through the field but watch for the teams I highlighted to surprise and maybe make Elite 8 appearances
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I see the Cuse love has been covered already (TP to Toine).  So I'll just post this:

And say this is my favorite Cuse team of all-time, even more than the '03 team, which really hit its stride as the season went on.  These guys play better and smarter team ball than most NBA teams.  I don't know if they'll win it all in the end, but they've been a joy to watch.

And keep an eye on Andy Rautins, he'll be coming off the bench for some contender next year and frustrating the teams that didn't pick him.  Wesley is their best player but Andy is their most valuable, and it isn't particularly close.

I hear the John Wall vs Cousins debate though I think Wall will be better.  But what do people think of Wall vs Evan Turner?  Turner has impressed me more than any college player since Durant.  Wall's very talented but is inconsistent, turnover-prone, and often gets by on his athleticism. 

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 09:49:32 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think my Dukie's should defiantly be in front of Kentucky in this recent poll but I like that this team doesn't seem to get respect. Our Big 3 is really the key to our success. No other Duke fans in here.... WEIRD! LOL I know there is much hate for Duke but you gotta respect Coach K.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Number One in the Power Rankings, too ... really awesome team, and one of my favorites, I have to admit. Kansas also, and my boys the Tar Heels, (they're going to surprise people).

Thats is the Tar Heels get into the tourny... HAHA!

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Evan Turner is the best player in college basketball right now and should be the #1 pick in the draft.  Unfortunately John Walls hype has surpassed his ability at this point.  Also, my sleeper team, though I'm not sure they can be considered a sleeper anymore is New Mexico.  This team is legit, Darington Hobson is a legit star as well and could be a good NBA prospect.  Go Steve Alford!
do it