Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953953 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3480 on: March 05, 2023, 07:40:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
finally saw Nope.  it was ok.  very slow moving.  forced myself to continue watching in the hopes that this being a Jordan Peele movie it would pay off.  it didn't pay off enough

« Reply #3481 on: March 10, 2023, 08:43:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Luther movie on Netflix is a pretty good thriller.  If you liked the series, you’ll like the movie.  If you haven’t seen the series, you will still like the movie I think.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3482 on: March 10, 2023, 10:13:29 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Emergency
On Amazon.  I thought it was excellent.
I don’t want to give anything away.  Try it and stick with it.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #3483 on: March 12, 2023, 05:45:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Scream 6.  About what you’d expect.  First 2/3 was decent, last 1/3 was laughably bad.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3484 on: March 12, 2023, 08:56:28 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Puss in Boots Last Wish.  Now on Peacock.  Solid movie for the whole family.  They actually have a lot of bleeped profanity which my wife and I found hilarious and our two kids didn't catch on to (or at least say anything about). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3485 on: March 12, 2023, 09:13:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Puss in Boots Last Wish.  Now on Peacock.  Solid movie for the whole family.  They actually have a lot of bleeped profanity which my wife and I found hilarious and our two kids didn't catch on to (or at least say anything about).
One of the best animated films in a long time. Probably my favourite since Into the Multi-Verse
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3486 on: April 02, 2023, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Murder Mystery 2.  It was pretty bad.  It seemed mailed in, with barely any jokes that landed and a generic plot.  Even as a time waster, it wasn't really worth watching.

Shazam 2.  I had pretty low expectations, but I thought it was more entertaining than most recent super hero movies, particularly from DC.  My son usually has a hard time sitting through movies, but he commented that the movie seemed really short.  It wasn't -- it's around 2 hours -- but I think he means it was well-paced.  Most of the actors are pretty charming.

John Wick 4.  Do you like John Wick movies?  If so, you'll like this one.  I'd rank this one closer to JW3 than JW2, which means the difference between good and very good.  The plot is very thin and, as you may have heard, Keanu has barely any dialogue.  The stylized violence is non-stop and very polished.  The movie probably could have used some room to breathe -- they reportedly cut 45 minutes from the film, mostly of dialogue -- but if you're up for pretty non-stop action, it's definitely there.

« Reply #3487 on: April 02, 2023, 07:49:19 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Got around to seeing Everywhere Everything and it was cool and pretty out there but sometimes, way too out there. I understand the Oscars nomination being a more abstract type of movie but I don’t think it was the best. I think the actress that won Best Supporting Actress didn’t deserve it. Not that I think she’s a bad actress but there’s nothing in that movie that makes me think she did anything exceptional, especially when you compare to Black Panthers mother.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3488 on: April 02, 2023, 09:01:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
saw Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.  it was ok.  one of the better Marvel movies recently which isn't saying much.  Not that there was anything wrong with Angela Bassett's performance but I don't see why it was nominated.  could have cut 30 minutes from the runtime without losing much of the story

« Reply #3489 on: April 02, 2023, 09:23:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
John Wick 4. Thought it was freaking amazing. Going to see Air this weekend.

« Reply #3490 on: April 10, 2023, 01:50:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Mario Bros.  I thought it was decent.  Watchable.  I wouldn't call it great, as it didn't have the same kind of energy or heart that great animated movies have.  But, it got the job done.

My son loved it.  I get the sense he'd watch it on repeat.  The other kids in the (sold out) theater would seemingly agree.  It was almost eerie:  the credits rolled, and every single person stayed in their seat.  After maybe 10 seconds I got up, because I don't have any interest in watching a teaser for the sequel.  Everybody else remained.  (I looked the teaser up on youtube later.  It was pretty much what I anticipated.)  But it was crazy how committed people were.

« Reply #3491 on: April 10, 2023, 01:57:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
finally saw Nope.  it was ok.  very slow moving.  forced myself to continue watching in the hopes that this being a Jordan Peele movie it would pay off.  it didn't pay off enough

I just didn't get it.  Didn't find the main story compelling or the alien interesting or scary or suspenseful.

I did like the side story of the kid actor and the ranch.  The quirkiness worked there.  I dunno...maybe I'm just not smart enough???

Speaking of not being that smart...My wife and I saw Cocaine Bear last weekend, and it was actually disappointing.  We had a few solid chuckles, but overall it missed the boat on being "so bad it's good".  Maybe it was just overhyped, but I was expecting more chuckles.
Yup

« Reply #3492 on: April 10, 2023, 03:48:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Mario Bros.  I thought it was decent.  Watchable.  I wouldn't call it great, as it didn't have the same kind of energy or heart that great animated movies have.  But, it got the job done.

My son loved it.  I get the sense he'd watch it on repeat.  The other kids in the (sold out) theater would seemingly agree.  It was almost eerie:  the credits rolled, and every single person stayed in their seat.  After maybe 10 seconds I got up, because I don't have any interest in watching a teaser for the sequel.  Everybody else remained.  (I looked the teaser up on youtube later.  It was pretty much what I anticipated.)  But it was crazy how committed people were.
That was my experience as well.  Kids were very entertained, while my wife had our interest remain with a couple of funny parts.  And I have that stupid Peaches song stuck in my head.  Darn you Jack Black.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3493 on: April 10, 2023, 03:53:43 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Air. Great movie. Great cast. Damon, Affleck, Jason Bateman. Great 80s sound track and brings back memories for us old timers. Highly recommended.

« Reply #3494 on: April 10, 2023, 05:29:39 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Got around to seeing Everywhere Everything and it was cool and pretty out there but sometimes, way too out there. I understand the Oscars nomination being a more abstract type of movie but I don’t think it was the best. I think the actress that won Best Supporting Actress didn’t deserve it. Not that I think she’s a bad actress but there’s nothing in that movie that makes me think she did anything exceptional, especially when you compare to Black Panthers mother.

Saw EEAAO when it came out in theatres last year and thought it was tremendous. I was pleasantly surprised by the nominations and the wins. It is a very different sort of film than the ones that usually wind up cleaning up at the Oscars though.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.