Author Topic: Who would be on Boston's EVIL Mount Rushmore of sports?  (Read 11530 times)

Re: Who would be on Boston's EVIL Mount Rushmore of sports?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That woman that tried to cheat and steal the Boston Marathon and got caught.

Nancy Kerrigan

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'll play both ways:

Pitino
Parcells
Clemens
Buckner

Laimbeer
Dent
Rambis
Steinbrenner

Hon. mention: Vinatieri, Isaiah, A-Rod, Boone, Rambis, Toney.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The only I can think of right off the top of my head would be Pitino.

Parcells?

Johnny Damon

Why Parcells?  He had a lot to do with the Pats rise to respectability (along with the Krafts of course).  Is he really that hated?

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The only I can think of right off the top of my head would be Pitino.

Parcells?

Johnny Damon

Why Parcells?  He had a lot to do with the Pats rise to respectability (along with the Krafts of course).  Is he really that hated?

Negotiating with the Jets during the Super Bowl is unforgivable

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Clemens or Aaron Boone
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 04:33:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Here's a controversial one

Toine

Talk amongst yourselves

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 04:46:43 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
parcells,pitino,gaston, and the entire world series juiced up team that won it's first title in 86 years. i don't know who to put up to represent them.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Toine

Talk amongst yourselves

I fail to see how toine is anywhere near the discussion.

Even those of us who don't want walker back now have no dislike for him, nor undervalue his contributions when he was here (though he are constantly accused of being anti-toine's entire existance). He busted his tail here and was one of my favorite C's.

Threads where people don't want him back because the current team has no role for him/ he has gotten out of shape and past his athletic prime do not equal = hated as a boston sports figure.

Not wanting a player past his prime back on a championship caliber team is not the same as never having loved him at all, and i wish people who tee off on posters in those threads and assume they have some sort of deep seated hatred of walker would stop and think about that.

Also:

entire world series juiced up team that won it's first title in 86 years. i don't know who to put up to represent them.

might i suggest a group picture of every MLB team since the mid 90's?

on to the topic at hand.

It's hard to argue

Pitino
Parcells
Clemens

so ill accept those as my first 3.

buckner i don't accept, i feel like there has to be active scumbaggery aspect to make a most hated list, and missing one grounder, while a awful, awful error, doesn't put you up there for me. I feel more sorry than anything for buckner. if you do some research on the guy, he was a hell of a ballplayer who's entire career was defined in one play he should not have been in for anyway.

All that year, he had been subbed in the late innings, due to his lack of fielding ability (his knee's were breaking down on him at that point in time). That night he was left in so he would be on the field to celebrate with his teammates, and it bit them in the behind. That's not something i'll hate a guy for.

my fourth would probably be...gee i dunno...i'll have to think about it a bit. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:07:22 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
with all due respect, anyone who puts bill buckner on this list does not anything about what happend in the 1986 world series. buckner deserved his share of the blame, but to point the finger at him, just because that is the one play that gets replayed all the time, shows a lack of knowledge on this particular situation.

i know nothing about hockey, but even i know this would probably be ulf samuelson. as for nba, laimbeer, or any of the talent-less nimrods who played for the pistons in the late 80's. baseball, tough to say, would have to be a yankee. as far as i am concerned, you could swing a dead cat in their locker room and hit a good choice. and if it was the pats, it is tough. they have never had that one guy who jumps out. they could never beat elway, but he was not even in their confrence, plus he was awesome, so he beat a lot of teams. curtis martin sold the pats out to be loyal to parcells, but he also put up great numbers here and helped us get to a super bowl. i hate peyton manning, but he is too good and seems like a good guy. maybe bill polian, but many people would not even recognize his face if they saw it. i would say polian because i think he is a classless jerk.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
with all due respect, anyone who puts bill buckner on this list does not anything about what happend in the 1986 world series. buckner deserved his share of the blame, but to point the finger at him, just because that is the one play that gets replayed all the time, shows a lack of knowledge on this particular situation.

i know nothing about hockey, but even i know this would probably be ulf samuelson. as for nba, laimbeer, or any of the talent-less nimrods who played for the pistons in the late 80's. baseball, tough to say, would have to be a yankee. as far as i am concerned, you could swing a dead cat in their locker room and hit a good choice. and if it was the pats, it is tough. they have never had that one guy who jumps out. they could never beat elway, but he was not even in their confrence, plus he was awesome, so he beat a lot of teams. curtis martin sold the pats out to be loyal to parcells, but he also put up great numbers here and helped us get to a super bowl. i hate peyton manning, but he is too good and seems like a good guy. maybe bill polian, but many people would not even recognize his face if they saw it. i would say polian because i think he is a classless jerk.

TP for defending bill while i was writing it up, should have left it to ya, did a better job than i did  ;D ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Toine

Talk amongst yourselves

I fail to see how toine is anywhere near the discussion.

Even those of us who don't want walker back now have no dislike for him, nor undervalue his contributions when he was here (though he are constantly accused of being anti-toine's entire existance). He busted his tail here and was one of my favorite C's.

Threads where people don't want him back because the current team has no role for him/ he has gotten out of shape and past his athletic prime do not equal = hated as a boston sports figure.

Not wanting a player past his prime back on a championship caliber team is not the same as never having loved him at all, and i wish people who tee off on posters in those threads and assume they have some sort of deep seated hatred of walker would stop and think about that.

My point is that you've got this guy with all this talent and ability getting paid all this money who refuses to get in shape and refuses to change or adapt his game and refuses to stop jacking up hurtful 3s for no good reason. It's like a player purposely playing bad.

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

TP for defending bill while i was writing it up, should have left it to ya, did a better job than i did  ;D ;D

Yeah I agree. You can't be mad at a guy for a single play when he was hurt, shouldn't have been on the field, dealt with more hatred than almost anyone, and there was a game 7 after that that they also blew. They lost 4 games as a team. Not one.
It's not like he's Brett Farve or anything

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I have more hatred for Man-gina than I do for Parcells.  As badly as his reign here ended, it sure was nice to actually be respectable for once (I remember the Dick MacPherson and Rod Rust eras all too well...).  The thing about Parcells is that you know from the moment you hire him, he's going to be thinking about leaving, so the whole controversy unfortunately wasn't all that surprising.  It's like marrying a nymphomaniac and feigning surprise when you catch her with the pool boy.

Might be easier to populate Rushmore with multiple Red Sox figures; Johnny "I could never play for the Yankees" Damon and Roger Clemens have both done enough to justify inclusion.

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 05:30:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Toine

Talk amongst yourselves

Antoine Walker was neither evil, mounted nor did he rush anywhere. Discuss amongst ya selves. I'm getting a little verklempt.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163

Yeah I agree. You can't be mad at a guy for a single play when he was hurt, shouldn't have been on the field, dealt with more hatred than almost anyone, and there was a game 7 after that that they also blew. They lost 4 games as a team. Not one.
It's not like he's Brett Farve or anything

thanks.....also as for elway, meant to say not in their division, he was obviously in the afc.

"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"