Poll

What do you think:  Are Celtic players, staff and media checking CelticsBlog?

Nah, it's just us diehards
12 (29.3%)
Sometimes, but think that they are "above this"
16 (39%)
They are trolling on a regular basis
7 (17.1%)
They are amongst us and actively posting
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: (Poll) Do Celtics Players and Media types read CelticsBlog?  (Read 11200 times)

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

Something I've thought about for awhile -- do you think those in the Celtics community (staff, players, media & other) read CelticsBlog and if so -- how much?
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

Re: (Poll) Do Celtics Players and Media types read CelticsBlog?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Yes.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
You know I wish honestly that they were.  It would be the greatest way for players/admin/media types to know exactly what we real fans think and feel.  But i just can't believe that they are actually a part of this board.  I think it would be too difficult for them to hold back revealing themselves.  I think their true personalities would come out in there posts.

I consider celticsblog to be one of the most reputable places to go for opinions on celtics stuff, i just don't think they do unfortunately.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I think that they are reading the blog on a daily basis. I don't know if they give much credit to the ideas discussed aboard but I do think that they take some inspiration from our discussions sometimes.

I'm not sure if it was about this exact topic but I do remember that, recently, we discussed a matter (I think it was about Rondo being late and his attitude) and Danny Ainge talked about the same subject, word for word, during an interview. I recall saying "Wow, it looks like Danny is reading CB!".

I voted "Sometimes, but they're "above this"". I'm sure they are reading the boards but not posting on it.

PS : TP for the "They are among us and actively posting" answer which made me laugh while imagining Celtics staff's members posting under nicknames covers like Redz, Edgar, etc. ;D

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown

TP for the "They are among us and actively posting" answer which made me laugh while imagining Celtics staff's members posting under nicknames covers like Redz, Edgar, etc. ;D

wow, that could be a whole other poll --- which member of the Celtics Blog community is actually associated with the Celtics?

We could conduct a Salem style witch hunt -- accuse and try one of our own for being a Celtic plant.  Redz, this has your name written all over it.......unless you are one of "them".   :D

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm sure they've checked us out in the history of time and other places too

I assume they probably looked at us around the time Steve W was hired

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
LOL

this comes up every 3 months or so, and my answer is the same

Celtics staff: all read it (often)
Danny: not so much - kind gets a scrunched up face when people talk about it
players: don't really know, probably once in a while
Wyc: you betcha
Media Types: Oh yeah, where do you think Gerry Callahan gets all his material?

also, Steve Bulpett is a great guy who gave me some sweet advice the first time I used my press pass - talked to me on the phone for like a half hour - kind of my Lester Bangs (Almost Famous) - which is why I obviously am partial to him on links ;)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130

TP for the "They are among us and actively posting" answer which made me laugh while imagining Celtics staff's members posting under nicknames covers like Redz, Edgar, etc. ;D

wow, that could be a whole other poll --- which member of the Celtics Blog community is actually associated with the Celtics?

We could conduct a Salem style witch hunt -- accuse and try one of our own for being a Celtic plant.  Redz, this has your name written all over it.......unless you are one of "them".   :D

That's just what you want us to do, take the heat off of yourself. MOLE!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
LOL

also, Steve Bulpett is a great guy who gave me some sweet advice the first time I used my press pass - talked to me on the phone for like a half hour - kind of my Lester Bangs (Almost Famous) - which is why I obviously am partial to him on links ;)

I smell "Witch Hunt"!!!!!!

;)

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games
LOL

Interesting, I'd guess you'd be the one to know better than any of us.  I still have a tough time believing it.

Hey Jeff, any interesting anecdotes about times you've heard that staff, Wyc or media types have admitted this (to you, or through second hand sources?)

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
by the way, point of clarification - I don't think too many people actually POST on CelticsBlog - just read it

I know when Chris Wallace left the team, he left us a sweet note in the forums thanking us for the support

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
Hey Jeff, any interesting anecdotes about times you've heard that staff, Wyc or media types have admitted this (to you, or through second hand sources?)

Wyc is a big fan, he's done a few interviews for us and emailed me to point out mistakes on a couple of occasions (sometimes in less than an hour)

Someone was at the C's draft party a few years back and reported back to me that everywhere they looked, they saw laptops open to CelticsBlog (including the staff)

there's other examples I'm sure but trust me, people are reading

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Chuckle.

Well, add a big like Sheed and Grant Hill, and I'll have to say nice things about Danny all the time, instead of just when he passes on Powe.

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Wyc is a big fan, he's done a few interviews for us and emailed me to point out mistakes on a couple of occasions (sometimes in less than an hour)

Someone was at the C's draft party a few years back and reported back to me that everywhere they looked, they saw laptops open to CelticsBlog (including the staff)

there's other examples I'm sure but trust me, people are reading

One word to that: Awesome.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
LOL

"You talkin' about me? You talkin' about me? You talkin' about me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking about me? Well I'm the only GM here. Who the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK"