Author Topic: Is there any doubt Stern wants the Cavs in the Finals?  (Read 30312 times)

Re: Is there any doubt Stern wants the Cavs in the Finals?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
why in the heck do you guys want orlando to win.  I don't understand that AT ALL.  Do you like their garbage style of jacking up threes and using some juicing freak to dunk a bunch?  I don't understand you people.

I wants to give you alls the Tommy Points.

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Not a call you make to decide it, not when howard has sideshow bob's arm pinned under his and is yanking down.

heck of a game though. I really can't stand both these teams. It is sorta nice to just be able to watch a good basketball game without taking years off my life with every  possession though :D

Still give my right eye to be playing CLEV right now though, they look soft. we could have taken this team.

Thats fine but dont put lebron at the line for tripping over his own feet. THis has been officiated one way tonight, how conveinient that this series could be prolonged. Orlando's at home and they cant even get the benefit of the doubt. This league is as corrupt as a Micheal Jackson day care.

I dont meanm to slow your roll, but barring a magic collapse it's 3-1. The cavs can;t stop that pick and roll without AV.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Not a call you make to decide it, not when howard has sideshow bob's arm pinned under his and is yanking down.

heck of a game though. I really can't stand both these teams. It is sorta nice to just be able to watch a good basketball game without taking years off my life with every  possession though :D

Still give my right eye to be playing CLEV right now though, they look soft. we could have taken this team.

Thats fine but dont put lebron at the line for tripping over his own feet. THis has been officiated one way tonight, how conveinient that this series could be prolonged. Orlando's at home and they cant even get the benefit of the doubt. This league is as corrupt as a Micheal Jackson day care.

I dont meanm to slow your roll, but barring a magic collapse it's 3-1. The cavs can;t stop that pick and roll without AV.

cue collapse
Yup

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this just depresses me more than anything, because I realize how badly we choked away a 3-2 lead and a chance at a title.  What a bummer, man.

Go LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A little help from the refs would be nice.  Fix this game.  Please.

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
Kobe is re-arranging his ring display case as we speak.

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
well here we go, no pick and roll D leads to an easy foul.

lets see if D-12 can make his FT's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 596
why in the heck do you guys want orlando to win.  I don't understand that AT ALL.  Do you like their garbage style of jacking up threes and using some juicing freak to dunk a bunch?  I don't understand you people.

The "juicing freak" as you put it plays for the other team. And yes I do want orlando to win becasue they can beat LA unlike the Cavs. "Garbage" style ball is when a player gets a super speacial set of rules that gives him an unfair advantage over other players and makes him look better than he already is. The way they allow him to play is an abomination to the game. The good Dr. is not rolling in his grave but rather he is doing backflips.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:15 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
clutch free throws from Howard

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing LBJ and the Cleveland Cadets get humbled a bit by this loss.  Besides, the front page postulation could be correct: if Cleveland blows this series, James may think a little harder about leaving for NY.  And I have no fear of him playing for a new team in a new system (at least not in the short term).

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 11:38:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
for the love of everything right in the world... don't allow that one trick freak to win a title.  Dwight howard is big, strong and can jump.  A poor mans Shaq.  Least deserving champion ive seen in ages.  

Somehow I feel like an Orlando title cheapens the game.

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
clutch free throws from Howard

Great OT for Howard
Yup

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
my only regret is that i wont get to see a stan van gundy losing press conference after this. That would have been epic.

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
for the love of everything right in the world... don't allow that one trick freak to win a title.  Dwight howard is big, strong and can jump.  A poor mans Shaq.  Least deserving champion ive seen in ages.  

Honestly, it looks like there is no great team this year.

Someone's gotta win.
Yup

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
And yes I do want orlando to win becasue they can beat LA unlike the Cavs.

::)

All of the teams left should be able to beat the Lakers, but only the Cavs would be allowed to.

Orlando would be the worst champions...maybe ever in the modern NBA.

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Honestly, it looks like there is no great team this year.

Someone's gotta win.

With the way this game is looking you might as well just start making the gold and purple championship rings.  You guys will regret rooting against LeBron.