Author Topic: espn poll  (Read 2455 times)

espn poll
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »

Offline keepthefaith

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
the poll up on espn.com right know asks which is the more egregious baseball offense, performance enhancing drugs or tipping pitches to the opponent? (arod is guilty/accused of both). right now only 36% say tipping pitches. to me it shouldnt even be close. at least with steroids a player is making himself better and giving his team a better chance to win. tipping pitches is a whole different ballgame. i have zero respect for a player who screws over his own pitcher to maybe get a tip the next time hes up. what do you guys think?

Re: espn poll
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:24 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Yeah I was really surprised by the results of that poll, I too find tipping pitches to be the far more egregious offense. Tipping pitches is really affecting a pitcher's career and messing with someone's livelihood, if it is true that he did this then A-Fraud is in a new class of his own of world class jerks.

Re: espn poll
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One is cheating to help your team one is cheating to hurt your team. It has to be tipping pitches. That's reprehensible in my book.

It's like asking what is worse for a manager, putting a bet on his own team to win a game or to lose a game? It's lose a game of course. And I think tipping pitches to the opposition is equally as bad.