Author Topic: Kevin Garnett and Soccer  (Read 5107 times)

Kevin Garnett and Soccer
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Obviously, those of you who know me know I'm a huge football (soccer) fan. And this piece was a great read for me, just a shame about KG's team...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=588548&sec=us&root=us&&cc=5739

Re: Kevin Garnett and Soccer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Obviously, those of you who know me know I'm a huge football (soccer) fan. And this piece was a great read for me, just a shame about KG's team...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=588548&sec=us&root=us&&cc=5739

fun read,TP4U if KG learns how to time an accurate header and gets a good swing man, he'll be unstoppable in his home games as a striker hehe.

Use the height kevin!!

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Man, imagine if he was a striker, he would be unstoppable. I remember seeing a bunch of pics with Paul Pierce and Terry and Drogba last year from that meeting. I seem to remember seeing Kobe in a Nike commercial on Fox Soccer Channel, so there are probably a lot more NBA players who are fans. Olajuwon, was a big fan too.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
TP... we all know I like a KG article when I see it.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
KG is allowed to have one flaw.
Chelsea. That's it.

;D

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That was a good article.  I am Brazilian and that game was a pretty big game for the community.  There were Brazilians, as well as Mexicans, from all over the place, like NY and Philly to see that game.  My brother, some fraternity friends, and some other people went, and I could've gone.  How awesome would've been, to see and celebrate my place of birth and its people on a game of soccer, then see Garnett and my celebration of Celtics and the people of Boston, in the same place.  I probably wouldnt be able to contain myself.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
That was a good article.  I am Brazilian and that game was a pretty big game for the community.  There were Brazilians, as well as Mexicans, from all over the place, like NY and Philly to see that game.  My brother, some fraternity friends, and some other people went, and I could've gone.  How awesome would've been, to see and celebrate my place of birth and its people on a game of soccer, then see Garnett and my celebration of Celtics and the people of Boston, in the same place.  I probably wouldnt be able to contain myself.

I was at the game, I am neither Brazilian or Mexican, but went wearing a Brazil Ronaldinho jersey (I have a ton of soccer jerseys from countries I have no association with, don't know why more people don't do this), game was insane. I have revolution season tickets, and they announced the game for the first time at a revs game and opened the ticket booth at halftime, my dad and I went right up and got amazing seats for face value. It's also completely true about the travel times, this was the only bad part of the night, 3 hours to get there, and over 5 to get home, and I lived in Boston at the time. They really need to do something about the traffic over there, it was terrible for a revs game a week ago, a REVS game?!