Author Topic: Forrest beats Rampage to become UFC LHW champ  (Read 5634 times)

Forrest beats Rampage to become UFC LHW champ
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Great fight last night.  Sorry I missed the normal preview/prediction thread, I was away for the 4th and was traveling around before going away for the 4th.  I'm still in shock Forrest was able to beat Rampage.  Great fight all around, very exciting.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Forrest beats Rampage to become UFC LHW champ
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I didn't see that thread either but I'm guessing Forrest is a fan favorite around here, I know he's one of my favorites.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Awesome fight. I'm a fan of both guys, but I was happy to see Forrest get his due. He did a nice job to stay outside of Rampage's range and really worked those leg kicks. He took some heavy shots, but you know he isn't going to go out easy.. 8)

On the flipside, I was not too impressed with Rampage. It looked like he took this too lightly, and that was the first time I saw him fight not to lose rather than fight to win. He had one or two opportunities to take the fight, but Forrest recovered quick enough to stay in it..

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i didnt see the fight.  i am willing to bet that if there is a rematch....rampage will go nuts on forrest.  i have nothing to back this up tho, lol.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:21 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I was disappointed to see Rampage turn into a strictly stand-up fighter.  He wanted no part of Griffin on the ground.  Personally I saw the fight as being a bit closer than the judges scored it, but I still had Griffin coming out ahead.  Still, the fight was evenly matched enough to merit an immediate rematch.  Must be a huge windfall for the UFC for a TUF winner to earn a championship.  They've got to be loving the marketing possibilities.  Makes you wonder...
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I doubt there will be an immediate rematch.  My guess is Rampage will get a third crack at Wanderlei with the winner getting a shot at the title.  I suspect the UFC is hoping Chuck beats Rashad in Atlanta in September, because the UFC would want nothing more than a Chuck/Forrest fight in December to close out the year. 

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:58:07 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I doubt there will be an immediate rematch.  My guess is Rampage will get a third crack at Wanderlei with the winner getting a shot at the title.  I suspect the UFC is hoping Chuck beats Rashad in Atlanta in September, because the UFC would want nothing more than a Chuck/Forrest fight in December to close out the year. 

i heard somewhere that dana white said the ufc will be coming the end of 2008 or january of 2009 to the garden.  any truth to this?

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 11:00:01 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
last I heard the UFC was working towards holding a show in November in the Boston area.  Obviously nothing concrete to report.