Author Topic: Denver and Detroit trade looks like a possibility  (Read 11678 times)

Re: Denver and Detroit trade looks like a possibility
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 12:30:50 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Chauncey Billups is going to be 32 prior to the start of the coming season.  He's got three years left on his deal, as does Prince.

I can't imagine that Denver wants to get older while taking on two long-term salaries at the same time.  They may trade Carmello, but if they do I expect Denver is going to be getting some sort of cap relief in the deal.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I can't understand why Denver aren't trying to get rid of Iverson with furious haste in an effort to re-tool around Carmelo.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 12:34:02 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Prince and Billups for Melo makes sense to me.

Denver gets a big PG to guard SG's for AI. They replace Melo with Prince who is as quality as you get.

Detroit needs to switch things up. They have a lot of young talent behind their aging core. Melo gives them a go to scorer for the future and it opens up room for a guy like Stuckey. Detroit would suffer at first, but it would put them in good position to contend for years to come.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 01:11:40 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If I were Lebron, I'm telling Danny Ferry to get on the phone.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 02:29:40 AM »

Offline pjob23

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Maybe Dumars shouldn't have been an absolute idiot by picking Darko, He could have had Carmello this whole time.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Maybe Dumars shouldn't have been an absolute idiot by picking Darko, He could have had Carmello this whole time.

...Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
melo to some degree has championship credentials. Just in his first year he won an ncaa chanpionship with syracuse. He had alot to do with that.

denver is not the right team for him to be in. If he goes to detroit he will feed off guys like rip hamilton

Denver also have a more stable team with chauncy and prince. They are really wishful if they think melo will grow up fast on his own

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
looks like the deal s dead: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3456352

like I said, it made no sense for denver from the start, just wishful thinking for detroit. If Dumars wants to rip someone off he should try Chris Wallace