Author Topic: Orpheum Theater Question  (Read 6039 times)

Orpheum Theater Question
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:47:30 PM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hey Celtic Fans!  I need some help from those of you that know Boston well.  I'm taking my wife to see Colbie Caillat at the Orpheum Theater on Sunday. I only go to Boston once or twice a year for a Celtics game, so I'm not that familiar with Boston.  Where is the best place to park for the Orpheum Theater?

Thanks!
Matt

Re: Orpheum Theater Question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline bringbackcousy

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 20
hey matt, I don't know if this helps but Northeastern has a lot that is free to park in on the weekends and it is right next to the ruggles station, which is 5 stops away from Downtown Crossing(right near Orpheum).

If that helps, the parking lot is on Columbus.

coming from 93 you take exit 20 and turn right onto Mass Ave. Then 6 or so lights up you turn left on Columbus(street after Treemont) and it is all the way down on the right.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Hey Celtic Fans!  I need some help from those of you that know Boston well.  I'm taking my wife to see Colbie Caillat at the Orpheum Theater on Sunday. I only go to Boston once or twice a year for a Celtics game, so I'm not that familiar with Boston.  Where is the best place to park for the Orpheum Theater?

Thanks!
Matt

There's a few lots up on Washington St. That's an easy walk. I usally park at a small lot on West St which runs between Washington and Tremont, about 2 streets over from the Orpheum. If you're near the T, I would suggest you just take that to Park St and walk across the street. Hope that helps.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

Offline woodrow_wilson

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
If you are driving in and dont mind paying for a garage the garage directly behind the Theater (Corner of Hawley and Franklin I believe) is the cheapest around.  Enjoy the show its a great place...

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
Thanks for the tips so far!  I'm driving down from NH.  I live about 1.5 hours from Boston.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

Thanks!
Matt

$11 to park under the common and walk up to the Orpheum.  I find it the easiest and the walk is pretty cool.

Here's the link.  http://www.mccahome.com/bcg_rat.html

Although I love the place -- the Orpheum is a dump.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Orpheum is a dump but they have very good acoustics. The sound for music is excellent. I've seen AC DC, Talking Heads, U2 and many others there and they all sounded great. Have fun. Park under the Common and have a romantic walk over to the theater.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
The Orpheum is a dump but they have very good acoustics. The sound for music is excellent. I've seen AC DC, Talking Heads, U2 and many others there and they all sounded great. Have fun. Park under the Common and have a romantic walk over to the theater.

TP for the T-Heads and U2.  My first U2 show was the first at the Centrum (right after the Orpheum shows) and I never saw the T-heads, although I did see the Heads in the early 90's at the Paradise (3/4 of the Talking Heads -- less Byrne)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Go with the commons, it's the easiest in and out, and you get to park your own car, don't have to worry about leaving the keys with some derelict.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 10:26:21 PM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
Thanks again everyone!  I knew I would get some help here! :)