Author Topic: Patriots 2023 Season  (Read 177955 times)

Re: Patriots 2023 Season
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2023, 01:19:46 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Hunter and Gesiciki combined for 73 catches and 871 yards last year and Gesicki is already hurt.  I maintain thay arent any good as a group. They aren't terrible, never said that, but they aren't good either.

As for JuJu he was eclipsed by both Johnson and Claypool, which is why the Steelers let him go.  Well that plus the injury which took a lot from him.  He can't create separation or space like he used to be able to. He can still catch the ball, but doesn't function like a 1 or 2 any more.  Solid possession type guy, but you need a guy like Kelce to open space for him (Mahomes doesnt hurt either).  That is where Hopkins would have really helped.  He could have aerved as the main focus opening space for JuJu.  I do also think Meyers is better than JuJu, so that is a downgrade (Aglohor is gone as well but he more like a #4, they just didn't replace him).  Meyers impressed me last year. Think he can be a solid #2, I'd have kept him and not gone with JuJu.  I just don't think going from Meyers and Agolohor to JuJu is an upgrade and that is really the only change to the roster (Thornton should get better, but hed have done that had they kept Meyers).

Chat gpt write a blind negative commentary about the patriots pass catchers when I haven’t watched any of their games

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2023, 01:27:35 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Patriots tight ends ranked 7th in league https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-tight-end-rankings-2023-teams-groups

Do we really have to deal with bad faith posts in this thread for another year?

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2023, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I don't mind Moranis' takes on the Patriots, as they are mostly wrong. As long as people know that, it can be entertaining. It gets annoying when you try to take the arguments head on and he jumps to another point that is sometimes based in reality (but likely not). I for one hope this stuff continues. My favorite posts of his are related to Bill Belichick as a bad GM and the Patriots offense being the key factor in both Rams Super Bowls when they scored 13 points in each.

I'd feel worse if someone was slamming the Patriots with arguments based in reality.

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2023, 02:12:11 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Hope we get to see Mac and the starting OL tonight..
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2023, 06:43:41 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

This is a pretty important game, as far as preseason games are concerned. I want to see how prepared Mac is. He's supposed to be a smart kid, so I expect him to pick up the offense somewhat quickly. I hope he has been grinding all off season.

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2023, 07:02:26 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

This is a pretty important game, as far as preseason games are concerned. I want to see how prepared Mac is. He's supposed to be a smart kid, so I expect him to pick up the offense somewhat quickly. I hope he has been grinding all off season.

If the O-line is garbage, it won’t matter. Hopefully they look better tonight.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 07:12:12 PM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2023, 08:12:07 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Is this really what the entire broadcast will be?  McCourty brothers yapping and the game about 1/2 screen. Could not be more annoying.  At least show the game full screen.

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2023, 08:18:40 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Is this really what the entire broadcast will be?  McCourty brothers yapping and the game about 1/2 screen. Could not be more annoying.  At least show the game full screen.

I think the game is on multiple channels. See if you can flip.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 08:28:24 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2023, 08:32:36 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
“Pocket collapses.” Feel like we are going to hear that quite a bit…

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2023, 08:35:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Ha! You get a TP and a standing ovation from me. Thanks!

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2023, 08:44:20 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Love looks better than I thought he would..

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2023, 08:45:01 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Ha! You get a TP and a standing ovation from me. Thanks!

Anytime!

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2023, 08:51:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I don't mind Moranis' takes on the Patriots, as they are mostly wrong. As long as people know that, it can be entertaining. It gets annoying when you try to take the arguments head on and he jumps to another point that is sometimes based in reality (but likely not). I for one hope this stuff continues. My favorite posts of his are related to Bill Belichick as a bad GM and the Patriots offense being the key factor in both Rams Super Bowls when they scored 13 points in each.

I'd feel worse if someone was slamming the Patriots with arguments based in reality.
I never said the offense was the key, I said they wouldn't have won without a great QB because when they needed an offensive drive to win the game, they got it.  A poor QB and they don't win that game.  A bad defense, they don't win either.  Heck maybe even a good defense they don't win, as theirs was great, but they don't win with Ryan Leaf at QB either which was the post I was responding to. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2023, 08:53:35 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I think with an elite target, Mac Is a top 10 or 13 qb. He doesn't have the tangible elite qualities, but his brain is impressive. He just has nothing to work with to quote Moranis. I'd love to see him with one game breaker. His upside with that given is in the ball park of Cousins. He's a cannon that needs to be primed with talent.  That terrifies me.
#JKJB

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2023, 08:55:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
The O-line is pathetic. Really glad they chose not to address this in the off-season.  ::)