Author Topic: Celtics (49-23) at Kings (43-28) Game #73 3/21/23  (Read 10897 times)

Re: Celtics (49-23) at Kings (43-28) Game #73 3/21/23
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2023, 06:31:08 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Just caught the game (my hours now make me miss C’s games and so I have to catch it on league pass :( )

Man, Tatum really wanted this game! He looked totally different out there. Almost like he was taking this game seriously from the jump (rather than settling in and trying to “flip a switch” to take over late). Maybe it was because of the bad Utah performance where all their doubles “took him out of the game” but it was interesting to hear that he worked out with his trainer during the 2 days off. Maybe this is what helped him shake those bad habits from the post-ASB slump.

The C’s played up to their competition and it was so refreshing to see. Even when the Kings were up early with their hot shooting, I was fairly confident we would catch up (although I didn’t think a blowout would be the end result). I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this is the only top 4 team we played on this road trip and it’s the only time our team stepped their game up lol
- LilRip

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2023, 12:04:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Dang it.  This is one of the few games I didn't see the ending for this season.  I only made it threw the first quarter.

It seems like we attacked the basket more?  How was the defensive intensity?  Was this win a different style of play, or simply a matter of hitting our shots?

Tatum in particular seemed to go away from threes to some extent?

Shortened bench.  Heightened intensity.  Tatum starting from the inside before launching 3’s.  2 turnovers through 3 periods.  Rob’s presence a nice boost. Solid games by JB and White.  Scrappy play Grant.  All good stuff.
Rob Williams must be healthy for the C's to win a chip this year.

Scary, but true.
Yup

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2023, 09:30:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Glade to hear Timelord is playing better.