Author Topic: UFC fighter tells on LeBron  (Read 6013 times)

Re: UFC fighter tells on LeBron
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 04:43:50 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Who cares about PEDs in 2023?

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 04:56:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

People who care about a level playing field.  People who worry about unregulated use of drugs and how it can impact people’s bodies.

I personally would be fine with regulated, supervised use of certain PEDs in professional sports.  I think that in many ways they’re simply medicine that has tremendous uses for recovery.

But, taking them without medical supervision is dangerous, particularly when mixed with painkillers.  Go look at the number of pro wrestlers who have died before age 50. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

People who care about a level playing field.  People who worry about unregulated use of drugs and how it can impact people’s bodies.

I personally would be fine with regulated, supervised use of certain PEDs in professional sports.  I think that in many ways they’re simply medicine that has tremendous uses for recovery.

But, taking them without medical supervision is dangerous, particularly when mixed with painkillers.  Go look at the number of pro wrestlers who have died before age 50.
Yeah, I think using them for recovery should be definitely explored.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 05:34:24 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I should have elaborated more… who cares about rumors about PEDs? We still don’t have clarity on who was/wasn’t using in baseball, even after 25 years.

Papi good
Arod bad
Sammy bad
Ken Griffey good

These are all opinions of cavemen.

*I think many of these anabolic steroids are bad. At the end of the day, we are still participating in conjecture and have no idea exactly what people are putting in their bodies. Any opinion from a non doctor seems under informed, in my opinion.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2023, 06:37:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

We have been telling on The Queen here on Celtics Blog since it was called Celtics Blog. Question is to people that think he's the Goat now is.

If it confirmed 100% that he did juice, is he still the Goat.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2023, 06:57:53 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

We have been telling on The Queen here on Celtics Blog since it was called Celtics Blog. Question is to people that think he's the Goat now is.

Either way, I don't think he's the GOAT. GOATs don't go 4-6 in NBA Finals appearances.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2023, 07:08:31 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

He was never the GOAT to begin with.

And if it is ever confirmed that he 100% did the juice, then its gonna ding him even more in the court of public opinion/debate.  Jordan v. Lebron gets even wider if it was true.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2023, 08:36:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And if it is ever confirmed that he 100% did the juice, then its gonna ding him even more in the court of public opinion/debate.  Jordan v. Lebron gets even wider if it was true.

Yep.  It’s like Bonds.  For a time, some considered him the best player ever.  Once PEDs were confirmed, he rarely comes up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2023, 08:48:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yep.  It’s like Bonds.  For a time, some considered him the best player ever.  Once PEDs were confirmed, he rarely comes up.
that's because people are idiots
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2023, 08:53:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It’s just how legacy works.  Some things get forgiven (Kobe), some things don’t (PED use).

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2023, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

I guess cheating is good now.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2023, 08:59:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
To be more clear on what I mean, Pud Galvin in 1889 was the first known MLB player to use PED's. He was very vocal about ingesting animal testosterone.  Allegedly the great Babe Ruth himself also injected artificial testosterone, which apparently made him sick and he missed a game as a result.  Speed started becoming widespread in baseball in the 1940's and went virtually unchecked for decades and pretty much everyone from Mays to Mantle to Aaron used in varying degrees.  That of course led to the steroid era and now to hgh and designer drugs. 

The simple reality is all sports live pretty extensively by the mantra that "if you aren't cheating then you aren't trying"

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2023, 09:05:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And my last post was just about drugs, not all the other ways players cheat, whether it is spit balls, pine tar, corking bats, stealing sign, or in football things like stickum on the hands.  Players cheat. It is what they do.  Too much money involved to not to.

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2023, 09:47:40 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I guess cheating is good now.

Cheating isn’t good now.

Barry Bonds is still the best hitter I’ve seen with my eyes. We don’t know as much about the earlier years, so it’s easier to deny that there were shenanigans.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2023, 05:43:30 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
To be more clear on what I mean, Pud Galvin in 1889 was the first known MLB player to use PED's. He was very vocal about ingesting animal testosterone.  Allegedly the great Babe Ruth himself also injected artificial testosterone, which apparently made him sick and he missed a game as a result.  Speed started becoming widespread in baseball in the 1940's and went virtually unchecked for decades and pretty much everyone from Mays to Mantle to Aaron used in varying degrees.  That of course led to the steroid era and now to hgh and designer drugs. 

The simple reality is all sports live pretty extensively by the mantra that "if you aren't cheating then you aren't trying"

I'm sorry, but taking "greenies" or whatever is nothing like adding 50 pounds of hulking steroid muscle. Extra-base hits rose more than 25% in MLB from the early 90's to mid-2000's, when they peaked.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1648362-proof-that-the-steroid-era-power-surge-in-baseball-has-been-stopped

Coincidentally LeBron entered the sporting world right around the time of the peak.

People can think what they want, but it's obvious to me that designer drugs have changed the modern athlete's body. LeBron looks like he was scientifically engineered. I think he was hitting the juice pretty hard in the 2000's and never stopped. And the league probably doesn't WANT him to stop. He is their Jordan 2.0, their cash cow. Their perennial home run king.

That doesn't mean he's not a great player. A lot of his competitors have also likely used and he has beaten most of them. But the stats, the longevity, the scoring record. It just doesn't mean that much to me given the context of what he's done to his body.