Author Topic: Who are your favorite non-Celtics?  (Read 2143 times)

Re: Who are your favorite non-Celtics?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 01:04:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Used to be a lot of non-Celtics players that I enjoyed watching: KG and Ray(before they came to Boston) Duncan, Iverson, Kobe, Carter, TMAC, SHAQ, Nash, Kidd, Dirk, Peja, Steve Frances, Jayson Williams, Baron Davis. Now, not so much.
No worries, they are all retired now.   ;D

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 01:08:06 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Honestly I like most of the Bucks team.  Grayson Allen and Jae Crowder are tools but the rest of the team is very likeable. 

I enjoy Ant Edwards and Zion too. 

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 01:08:24 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Kawhi. He’s got an old school feel to his game and plays hard on both ends. That season when he won in Toronto was special to watch. Just dominant.

Wouldn’t call them my favorite, but Zion and Morant are must watch TV. They are just on a different level athletically.

Used to be a lot of non-Celtics players that I enjoyed watching: KG and Ray(before they came to Boston) Duncan, Iverson, Kobe, Carter, TMAC, SHAQ, Nash, Kidd, Dirk, Peja, Steve Frances, Jayson Williams, Baron Davis. Now, not so much.

The Kawhi Toronto Championship is probably the single most impressive individual performance since Dirk led the Mavs in 2011. Elevated a very good team to championship level and they fell right back down to Earth after he left.

I'm rooting for him, apparently the games that have been just Kawhi and Westbrook (No PG) have been really high level. We'll see how they look when Paul George comes back but it's possible that the two of them are just not a great fit.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Current: Jrue Holiday

All-time:  Charles Barkley

I've loved Jrue since the night he was drafted; I was at MSG on assignment for CelticsBlog.  He just had so much confidence.  He went to the Sixers, and I was living in South Jersey at the time, right outside of Philly.  He plays the game the right way, focused on defense first.  It's awesome to see him get the recognition he deserves in Milwaukee.  I wish it wasn't with a team we're competing with, though.  The Sixers are in a good spot now, but I think they robbed the world of seeing a decade of Jrue and Andre Iguodala together.

That would have been enjoyable to see iggy and jrue. It’s funny I think hinkie was lauded as a genius for the holiday trade but it ended up being noel (basically out of league) and saric (basically out of league). I’m not criticizing idea of trading holiday just that what they ended up with for him turned out to be real bad for a guy that made the allstar game this year.

As for the question at hand I like watching curry, dame, jokic, Embid (mainly in the post) and fox.

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 03:46:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
"favorite non-Celtic" would seem to be a prime oxymoron like Jumbo Shrimp.

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 04:30:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Plenty at the moment. Jonas V, Jokic, Patty Mills, Kawhi, Lillard, Doncic, Steven Adams, Herb Jones, Garza, and more. For the most part, it's players that I was a fan of as a draft prospect.

All time is very difficult. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Tim Duncan or Jason Kidd
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 04:55:58 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
From the current superstars I like to watch Curry, Leonard and Jokic play. Haliburton is a new star that I absolutely love. But mostly I'm a sucker for the underdog. The guys who are very valuable for a team, but fly under the radar.
White was one of them, but I'm very happy that he's now a Celtic.

Non-Celtics in that regard who are my favorites and perhaps could be on the Celtics one day are:

Alex Caruso, Immanuel Quickley, Luke Kennard, Alec Burks, Josh Hart, Derrick Jones Jr., OG Anunoby, Deni Avdija, Larry Nance Jr., Nic Claxton, Onyeka Okongwu and Jakob Poeltl.

My advice would be to go shopping in New York  :laugh:

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 05:35:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Plenty at the moment. Jonas V, Jokic, Patty Mills, Kawhi, Lillard, Doncic, Steven Adams, Herb Jones, Garza, and more. For the most part, it's players that I was a fan of as a draft prospect.

All time is very difficult. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Tim Duncan or Jason Kidd

Why Garza?

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 05:44:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley, and PG13. All three seem like good dudes, and love their two-way play.

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 07:10:53 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
least favorites

current: Westbrook, Kyrie
all time: Kobe, Laimbeer, Zaza

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 07:20:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
least favorites

current: Westbrook, Kyrie
all time: Kobe, Laimbeer, Zaza

Least favorite: Draymond Green. Not even close for me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:27:02 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 08:02:05 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Right now: Joel Embiid

All time: Dirk

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 08:53:14 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
edit: wrong thread

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 10:04:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
no such thing exists for me. there are beloved celtics and then evil stink bugs who play for other teams.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2023, 04:14:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Why Garza?
Love his offensive game. He only played 6 games in the G-League this season, but was absurd! He's only had limited opportunities in Minny, but shows a similarly awesome offensive game.

I think he'll blossom into a Christian Wood type (in terms of developmental arc, not style).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)