Author Topic: Is Ja Morant a thug?  (Read 11045 times)

Re: Is Ja Morant a thug?
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2023, 01:00:13 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Whoa.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Reporting with
@ESPN_MacMahon
: Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has entered a counseling program in Florida and there remains no timetable for his return to active play.

What is he receiving counselling for? Anyone know?

Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has entered a counseling program in Florida and remains without a timetable on a return to the NBA season, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Morant has been seeking assistance for what he described in a statement as a need "to get help and work on learning better methods of dealing with stress and my overall well-being," which has taken him out of Memphis on a leave from the team, sources said.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2023, 01:42:27 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Ja's ill-advised video of him brandishing a gun at Shotgun Willie's strip club may end up costing him $39m. That's what his contract could increase by if he gets paid 30% instead of 25% if he makes an All-NBA team 2 of the past 3 seasons (the Derrick Rose rule). He had already made All-NBA 2nd team last season. He may end up missing too many games to be considered by the voters.

He apparently spent $30k at the strip club...probably didn't realize he could be missing out on another $38,970,000  :-\

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ja-morant-contract-nba-memphis-grizzlies-19778ae0?mod=hp_lead_pos11
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2023, 09:18:38 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Whoa.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Reporting with
@ESPN_MacMahon
: Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has entered a counseling program in Florida and there remains no timetable for his return to active play.

Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has entered a counseling program in Florida and remains without a timetable on a return to the NBA season, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Morant has been seeking assistance for what he described in a statement as a need "to get help and work on learning better methods of dealing with stress and my overall well-being," which has taken him out of Memphis on a leave from the team, sources said.

Well it sounds like he was only in the program for like 1 or 2 days. Sounds more to me like he took a mini-vacation in Florida lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2023, 12:53:04 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Grizzlies have (again) suspended point guard Ja Morant from all team activities after the All-Star guard was seen holding a gun on an Instagram Live video Saturday, the team announced.

“We are aware of the social media video involving Ja Morant,” the Grizzlies said in a statement. “He is suspended from all team activities pending league review. We have no further comment at this time.”

The video from this weekend shows Morant in a vehicle with friends listening to NBA Youngboy when Morant briefly appears to be holding a gun. The camera quickly pans away from Morant after the gun comes into view.

—————————

Source: Sports Illustrated
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 01:05:34 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2023, 12:56:18 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Some ppl never learn until something bad happens & usually it does
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2023, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The Grizzlies have (again) suspended point guard Ja Morant from all team activities after the All-Star guard was seen holding a gun on an Instagram Live video Saturday, the team announced.

“We are aware of the social media video involving Ja Morant,” the Grizzlies said in a statement. “He is suspended from all team activities pending league review. We have no further comment at this time.”

The video from this weekend shows Morant in a vehicle with friends listening to NBA Youngboy when Morant briefly appears to be holding a gun. The camera quickly pans away from Morant after the gun comes into view.

—————————

Source: Sports Illustrated

Yeah that'll show him! Keep him out of Grizzlies games over the next 5 months until October!  :laugh:

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2023, 01:06:55 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
What an idiot

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2023, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Should be suspended whole season without pay

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2023, 01:57:00 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I am curious to know what kind of suspension this will warrant whether that is from the league or directly from the Grizz. I do think a full season is within the realm of possibility.

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
This guys going to be a cautionary tale and trivia question 10 years from now
Greg

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2023, 02:11:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wasn't he just upset the other day because he missed All-NBA?  Actions have consequences.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2023, 02:20:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Whoa.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Reporting with
@ESPN_MacMahon

Well it sounds like he was only in the program for like 1 or 2 days. Sounds more to me like he took a mini-vacation in Florida lol

Yep. Clearly a mini-vacation. He clearly learned nothing at all

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2023, 02:25:05 PM »

Offline LaBran Jaymes

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Ja Morant is a moron.

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2023, 02:29:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Ja Morant is a moron.

Moron and a thug. They usually go hand in hand.

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2023, 02:40:06 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
As I said before the Grizzlies need to trade Morant ASAP while his value is still high.  Besides being an idiot of questionable character, he's overrated.  Small PGs like him don't lead teams to championships.  I can't think of a star trade that would be realistic so I'd try to make a deal with the Nets for Bridges plus picks.  Bane, Bridges and Jackson would be a good young, affordable and flexible core.