Author Topic: 2023 NFL Draft Thread  (Read 12478 times)

Re: 2023 NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 10:51:37 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Seth Emerson
@SethWEmerson
·
7m
News: Jalen Carter has entered a deal with Athens-Clarke County solicitors, per his lawyer. Carter has pled no contest and will receive 12 months probation, pay a $1,000 fine, perform 80 hours community service and finish a driving course.

Carter will receive no jail time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2023, 10:57:39 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Apparently Carter's pro day was ROUGH. Might he slide farther than we believe?

Edit: Woops, I should have read the previous page. Totally my bad everybody. Of course he is talented, but I would have my reservations in the top 7 or 8 picks.
#JKJB

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2023, 11:01:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Some talking heads are now saying he'll fall out of the top half of the first, maybe into the second.  The upside there would be ridiculous, and the downside wouldn't set a franchise back as much as it might under different circumstances.

I could see the Eagles taking him at #10, though, in a "found money" sort of way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2023, 11:04:48 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Some talking heads are now saying he'll fall out of the top half of the first, maybe into the second.  The upside there would be ridiculous, and the downside wouldn't set a franchise back as much as it might under different circumstances.

I could see the Eagles taking him at #10, though, in a "found money" sort of way.

His agent should've never trotted him out there yesterday.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2023, 11:06:25 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I can't see him falling past 10 though. The Eagles should sprint to the podium if he is there. It would be pretty easy to talk yourself into the fact that he has had a rough couple of weeks. His dominance on the field pops off the screen.
#JKJB

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 11:13:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I can't see him falling past 10 though. The Eagles should sprint to the podium if he is there. It would be pretty easy to talk yourself into the fact that he has had a rough couple of weeks. His dominance on the field pops off the screen.

Yeah.  We've seen question marks drive an elite pick down the board, like Warren Sapp, perhaps my all-time favorite DT.  Or, Randy Moss.  But, we've also seen guys with red flags completely bust. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2023, 11:45:26 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah.  We've seen question marks drive an elite pick down the board, like Warren Sapp, perhaps my all-time favorite DT.  Or, Randy Moss.  But, we've also seen guys with red flags completely bust.

Remember the Tunsil draft saga a few years ago? That was wild. He fell to #13.

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Remember the Tunsil draft saga a few years ago? That was wild. He fell to #13.

Yep.  I’m waiting for the video of the prospect that posts video of himself doing meth. 

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2023, 09:25:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Carter is only taking visits with teams with a top 10 pick.  that seems a bit strange since some teams do trade up, and if none of the top 10 pick teams take him, he could fall a long way since no one will have seen him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2023, 10:29:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Lots of buzz that Houston is taking Will Anderson at #2, leaving CJ Stroud to fall to 3.  If that happens it is expected that Arizona is going to get a massive haul for the pick. 

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2023, 10:49:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Lots of buzz that Houston is taking Will Anderson at #2, leaving CJ Stroud to fall to 3.  If that happens it is expected that Arizona is going to get a massive haul for the pick.

That only makes sense for HOU if they can make a trade up from #12 to pick one of the other QBs.

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2023, 10:59:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

That only makes sense for HOU if they can make a trade up from #12 to pick one of the other QBs.
It sounds like that if they do that, most people think they are going to build the foundation this year, be terrible, and end up in a position to draft Williams or Maye next year, both of which would be the unquestioned 1st pick in this draft.  So take Anderson at 2, a WR at 12, or something like that.  They do apparently really like Young though, so if Carolina goes with Stroud, Houston is expected to take Young. 

Walterfootball has them taking Anderson at 2 and Smith-Njigba at 12 (Smith-Njigba is going to them at 12 on a lot of mocks).  And they have Arizona staying put at 3 and taking Tyree Wilson with Stroud falling to the Colts at 4. 

Less than a week away.  Should be interesting.

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2023, 11:21:15 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It sounds like that if they do that, most people think they are going to build the foundation this year, be terrible, and end up in a position to draft Williams or Maye next year, both of which would be the unquestioned 1st pick in this draft.  So take Anderson at 2, a WR at 12, or something like that.  They do apparently really like Young though, so if Carolina goes with Stroud, Houston is expected to take Young. 

Walterfootball has them taking Anderson at 2 and Smith-Njigba at 12 (Smith-Njigba is going to them at 12 on a lot of mocks).  And they have Arizona staying put at 3 and taking Tyree Wilson with Stroud falling to the Colts at 4. 

Less than a week away.  Should be interesting.

There is certainly a look of unpredictability this year.  It seems to be a draft that doesn't have a lot of guys who normally would have first grades, and it doesn't have the truly generational talent at the top, either. 

Will Anderson is probably the guy I feel most confident about, outside of maybe Bijan Robinson.  Robinson will be an excellent back, but I've seen mocks having him go in the mid-20s.

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2023, 01:42:59 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Sources say there is real interest in QB Will Levis that the Patriots want to add to their roster.

This spells the end of Mac Jones era?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2023, 06:19:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
So many rumors, hard to tell what is real.  Like could Stroud actually fall out of top 5 and Levis actually go before him.  Heck Levis was telling people he was going 1 ahead of Young.  It is such an interesting draft at the top this year.