Author Topic: Haslam purchasing stake in Bucks at a 3.5 billion valuation  (Read 1748 times)

Re: Haslem purchasing stake in Bucks at a 3.5 billion valuation
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 03:39:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pretty sure that Wyc and the boys got the C's for under 400 million. Not gonna weep for them paying the Luxury Tax for a couple of years---They should pay it EVERY year.

Yup.  $360M back in '02.

You’re the accountant, but over 1000% return on investment in less than two decades seems alright.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 03:43:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pretty sure that Wyc and the boys got the C's for under 400 million. Not gonna weep for them paying the Luxury Tax for a couple of years---They should pay it EVERY year.

Yup.  $360M back in '02.

You’re the accountant, but over 1000% return on investment in less than two decades seems alright.

Ha!  I'd say so.

Pro sports franchise valuations are insane.  Kraft paid like $185M for the Pats in '94.  It's nuts how much its soared across sports.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 06:38:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I thought that was Udonis Haslem when I saw the headline.

Lol…..so did I !   I’m like ….dude must saved all his lunch money

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2023, 08:11:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
This is good news for Celtic fans.

Jim Haslam Jr., son of Pilot Flying J markets and truck stops founder Jim Sr., was a strong influence in the University of Tennessee Athletic Department during the recent "Decade of Darkness" football era we are now hopefully climbing out of. Junior's daddy, "Big Jim" played on the Vols 1951 National Championship team and was mostly a positive force as a booster during football's very successful 1990's. Unfortunately, as Junior became more prominent after his father's retirement, the football program declined. Some of the blame was directed at Jim Jr. because his micro-management tendencies led to several bad decisions during that time.

Junior subsequently purchased the Cleveland Browns in 2012 and proceeded to wreck an already struggling franchise.
We can only hope his management ineptitude produces similar results in Milwaukee.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce