Author Topic: 2023 Official NBA Trade Deadline/Buyout Thread  (Read 29543 times)

Re: 2023 Official NBA Trade Deadline/Buyout Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 05:03:31 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good.  Let the Lakers blow two more assets in some desperate  move to right the ship which won't even move the needle that much.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 05:12:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good.  Let the Lakers blow two more assets in some desperate  move to right the ship which won't even move the needle that much.

Yeah.  It will be awesome if they end up with Russell and Beasley for the same package they refused to give for Hield + Turner.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2023, 05:32:17 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Yeah.  It will be awesome if they end up with Russell and Beasley for the same package they refused to give for Hield + Turner.

As much talent as I think Turner has, I think Beasley is probably the player that can help them the most. His ability to stretch the floor, get up a lot of shots, and play some defense is exactly what they need.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2023, 05:37:29 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

As much talent as I think Turner has, I think Beasley is probably the player that can help them the most. His ability to stretch the floor, get up a lot of shots, and play some defense is exactly what they need.

I think your opinion of Malik Bradley’s defense is highly optimistic.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2023, 05:49:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Idk, sounds to me like Russell and Beasley for Westbrook helps LA.  No idea if it moves the needle enough that they threaten. At best LA is going to have to take on a 1 or 2 seed early on.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 05:56:22 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Idk, sounds to me like Russell and Beasley for Westbrook helps LA.  No idea if it moves the needle enough that they threaten. At best LA is going to have to take on a 1 or 2 seed early on.

Sure it helps LA.  It just doesn’t help them nearly as much as Hield and Turner would have, which was the original point.

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Three-team trade is largely hinging on how Minnesota values D’Angelo Russell in potential deal and their return of draft assets. Lakers and Jazz have significant deal structure in place, but Minnesota has been engaged elsewhere on Russell too. – via Twitter wojespn

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2023, 06:00:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Sure it helps LA.  It just doesn’t help them nearly as much as Hield and Turner would have, which was the original point.

Got it.  So a net good for Laker haters but still not great if you hope they’ll just fizzle away this year.

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2023, 06:00:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Maybe. Their biggest issue is shooting, and they would add two high-level shooters at positions of need, while subtracting one of the worst shooters in the league.

They could be a problem this year for a team like the Grizzles or Nuggets.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Breaking news….Leading scorer of all time “to be” needs immediate help !

How can everybody ignore his pleas ,   If he only had more help he could win another chip .

Alas , Lebron cries for help echo though the wilderness to no avail

All ears fall deaf  ;D

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 06:32:04 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Boston Celtics have looked into packaging Danilo Gallinari and Payton Pritchard together ahead of Thursday's NBA trade deadline, according to Yahoo Sports' Jake Fischer.

Fischer reported the Celtics are targeting a center, with the San Antonio Spurs' Jakob Poeltl and Orlando Magic's Mo Bamba linked.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 06:44:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Boston Celtics have looked into packaging Danilo Gallinari and Payton Pritchard together ahead of Thursday's NBA trade deadline, according to Yahoo Sports' Jake Fischer.

Fischer reported the Celtics are targeting a center, with the San Antonio Spurs' Jakob Poeltl and Orlando Magic's Mo Bamba linked.

I vote Bamba, hes younger, and can shoot the three a bit. Rather have Carter though. I think he could slide to the PF spot and be Als replacement.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 07:01:48 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227

I vote Bamba, hes younger, and can shoot the three a bit. Rather have Carter though. I think he could slide to the PF spot and be Als replacement.

This would be a really huge upgrade in our big man rotation. I’ll feel bad for Gallo though if this pushes through. I also don’t see Orlando’s interest in PP as they have a plethora of guards.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 07:19:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
(Wrong Thread)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 07:26:32 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 08:15:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's official:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Lakers, Jazz and Timberwolves are finalizing trade sending D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt to Los Angeles, Russell Westbrook and first-round pick to Utah and Mike Conley Jr. and second-round pick compensation to Minnesota, sources tell
@TheAthletic
@Stadium
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman