Author Topic: 2023 Official NBA Trade Deadline/Buyout Thread  (Read 29564 times)

2023 Official NBA Trade Deadline/Buyout Thread
« on: February 07, 2023, 03:12:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Feels like there's a lot of threads being used, so I figure just to make it easier we can use this one. The NBA Season Thread has become a mix of current games + trade deadline talk as well which can admittedly get a little confusing.

Less than 48 hours away now from the trading deadline. To all the teams out there:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Crazy exciting trade news!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 11:05:16 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Nothing yet but I thought I would create a thread for when the trades go down!!!!

;D

Re: Crazy exciting trade news!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 11:09:56 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Nothing yet but I thought I would create a thread for when the trades go down!!!!

;D

Clearly my thread is superior!  ;) :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Crazy exciting trade news!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

;D

Clearly my thread is superior!  ;) :laugh:

Clearly!!!

Re: 2023 Official NBA Trade Deadline/Buyout Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 01:01:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The silence is killing me!

;D

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 04:03:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Shams rumor

Lakers, Jazz and Timberwolves are in discussions on a three-team deal that would send D’Angelo Russell to the Lakers, Russell Westbrook and draft compensation such as a first-round pick to Utah and Mike Conley Jr. to Minnesota, sources tell me and

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 04:12:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1623426080236535808?s=46&t=k4bFlD5SD0s8z1fAAhhpRA

Boston has been exploring the combined outgoing value of Danilo Gallinari and Payton Pritchard, sources said, as the Celtics search for center reinforcements. Two names of big men that match that outgoing salary: Jakob Poeltl and Mo Bamba.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
https://twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1623426080236535808?s=46&t=k4bFlD5SD0s8z1fAAhhpRA

Boston has been exploring the combined outgoing value of Danilo Gallinari and Payton Pritchard, sources said, as the Celtics search for center reinforcements. Two names of big men that match that outgoing salary: Jakob Poeltl and Mo Bamba.

Jake Fischer’s moment of truth, Roy!

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 04:17:55 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Shams rumor

Lakers, Jazz and Timberwolves are in discussions on a three-team deal that would send D’Angelo Russell to the Lakers, Russell Westbrook and draft compensation such as a first-round pick to Utah and Mike Conley Jr. to Minnesota, sources tell me and

It blows me away that Russ has any value.  I know he's playing well off the bench but he's a headcase.  Not a great team player.  Trader Danny wanting as many picks as he can waste as possible. 

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 04:22:23 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Shams rumor

It blows me away that Russ has any value.  I know he's playing well off the bench but he's a headcase.  Not a great team player.  Trader Danny wanting as many picks as he can waste as possible.

Russ doesn’t have any value.  He’s just salary filler for other large contracts since he’s expiring.  Utah would release him most likely.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Vanderbilt and Beasley also involved in those discussions

My guess the framework is something like this

Lakers - Beasley, Russell, Vanderbilt
Wolves - Conley, Minimum guy from LA (Toscano-Anderson, Jones, Gabriel, Christie, etc.)
Jazz - Westbrook, 27 LA, 29 LA
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 04:34:24 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Shams rumor

So why does Minnesota do that?

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 04:35:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Shams rumor

Why would they want D'Angelo Russell?

He isn't going do much of anything to improve their fortunes. A couple of wins maybe. Not great improvement. No real improvement of chance in the playoffs. Why give up a draft pick way into the future for that?

D'Angelo Russell isn't even a good fit on LA. He does best on teams with lack of offensive creators where he can dominate the ball. In LA, LeBron dominates the ball. Anthony Davis eats next. Russell as a 3rd option is barely a difference maker at all out there.

Waste of a valuable future draft pick.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 04:42:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
So LAL's roster now is:

G: Schroder, Westbrook
G: P Beverley, L Walker
F: LeBron, A Reeves
F: A Davis, Hachimura
C: T Bryant

So I see a role for Vanderbilt as backup center and/or as PF next to AD at center. Either D'Angelo Russell or Mike Conley replaces Westbrook which gives them a small bump. Likely starting with Schroder moving to the bench. I see no real value in M Beasley given the combo guards are playing well and Reeves is playing well. Another body rather than improvement.

Vanderbilt has more value here than I initially thought. AD is a good complement for him like Towns was in Minnesota. Still, I'd rather see a shooter next to AD to allow AD more room to attack rather than moving AD more to the perimeter to make room for Vanderbilt to be the rim runner.

G: D Russell, Schroder
G: P Beverley, L Walker
F: LeBron, A Reeves, M Beasley
F: A Davis, Hachimura
C: T Bryant, Vanderbilt

Maybe ... they could move Schroder out of the rotation. Let the new PG take over. Move Beverley to backup PG. Use M Beasley as the backup SG. Get another shooter out there instead of a ball-handler in Schroder.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 04:55:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: Three-way talks with Lakers, Jazz and Timberwolves would potentially land D’Angelo Russell and Malik Beasley with LA, Mike Conley, Jr., and picks with Timberwolves and Russell Westbrook and picks with Jazz, per sources. Jazz remain engaged elsewhere on Conley Jr., too. – via Twitter wojespn

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes