Author Topic: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested  (Read 7932 times)

Re: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Durant is going to turn 35 next year and has been dealing with a bunch of injuries since 2019

I'm not really sure how trading Brown (or even Brogdon, White and literally everything else) makes us that much better. Marginally better? Sure. But probably only for like a year or two. I'm not as convinced KD will be the same guy beyond 38 years old as well, and that's assuming he's even healthy the rest of his career. Not everyone will age and perform like Lebron past 37
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2023, 12:23:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Would you be in favor of a Rudy Gobert style offer in the off-season?

Celtics trade: Brogdon, White, Kornet, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030 #1s, 2025, 2027, 2029 pick swaps
Nets trade:  Durant, Mills

Timelord / Horford
Durant / Williams / Gallinari
Tatum / Hauser
Brown
Smart / Pritchard / Mills

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.

It's a ton to give up.  Two starting-level rotation players and every pick for the next seven years would be compromised.  But, I think I'd do it.
I'd honestly rather just trade Brown, White, and a 1st than that package.  More flexibility that way

Yeah, but you don't like JB as much as most of us.  Swapping Brown + White for Durant doesn't necessarily put us over the top, whereas adding Durant to the Jays would almost assuredly do so (if healthy).
I think having the ability to trade 3 other 1st's and 3 swaps provides a lot more flexiblity to make other moves.  If you traded basically 7 potential picks for Durant, then you are stuck and that can be a real problem if Brown leaves after the following summer or one of the big 3 get hurt.     I'd rather have a lesser top 3 (i.e. Brogdon isn't as good as Brown), but way more flexibility to make additional moves. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2023, 01:04:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Apparently Windhorst is reporting that teams are reluctant to trade players to BKN because they don't want to help BKN and want KD to reconsider staying there and potentially request a trade out of BKN as a result

Not gonna lie but that's kinda funny  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2023, 02:16:59 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Durant is going to turn 35 next year and has been dealing with a bunch of injuries since 2019

I'm not really sure how trading Brown (or even Brogdon, White and literally everything else) makes us that much better. Marginally better? Sure. But probably only for like a year or two. I'm not as convinced KD will be the same guy beyond 38 years old as well, and that's assuming he's even healthy the rest of his career. Not everyone will age and perform like Lebron past 37

Durant was having a great year til he got hurt. He wasn’t just scoring, he was really playing excellent D. While nobody can say for sure, my guess is that his body won’t be able to handle that kind of load going forward; something has to give. LeBron is still elite on offense because he’s completely reshaped his game, and to be blunt, he barely plays defense.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:33:44 PM by Sophomore »

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Celtics trade: Brogdon, White, Kornet, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030 #1s, 2025, 2027, 2029 pick swaps

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.  Seth Curry?

It's a ton to give up.  Two starting-level rotation players and every pick for the next seven years would be compromised.  But, I think I'd do it.

I guess I am just clueless, as this deal has about 4 too many 1st round picks.  The man is great, but is "old" and has only averaged 59% of the regular season games the last 2+ years.  I would not trade brown for him straight up. 

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 02:36:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.  Seth Curry?

I guess I am just clueless, as this deal has about 4 too many 1st round picks.  The man is great, but is "old" and has only averaged 59% of the regular season games the last 2+ years.  I would not trade brown for him straight up.

How many picks are championships worth?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2023, 02:49:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

championships are not guaranteed no matter how many draft picks are traded away.  Ask Brooklyn how many chips they have as a result of the PP/KG trade.

an injury to any of Durant, Jayson or Jaylen pretty much ends the championship dream and if it's bad enough, thoughts of a title are gone for more than a season

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2023, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

Has a twinge of the Pierce/Garnett trade. Not exactly analogous as KD is still able to lead a team to a championship, but enough of a twinge of similarity that I’d be awfully worried that a couple of the later picks will be lottery picks.  They’d better win a championship or 2 or the trade becomes an all time disaster.

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2023, 04:00:26 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I doubt KD is moved but if he is my money would be on Portland. Simons, Sharpe, Hart, and 3 1sts to the Nets. Nets can then find a 3rd team for Hart. Leaves Portland with Dame, Payton, Durant, Grant and Nurkic as their starters.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2023, 07:13:02 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

Getting Durant doesn’t guarantee a championship. He can’t be relied upon to play at this point of his career.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2023, 01:08:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
BREAKING: The Phoenix Suns are nearing a blockbuster trade to acquire Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant, sources tell ESPN. Durant wanted move to Suns, and new owner Mat Ishbia pushing to get deal done tonight.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Suns are sending Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round picks, a 2028 pick swap for Durant and TJ Warren, sources tell ESPN. Durant wanted move and new owner Mat Ishbia pushed to get deal done tonight.

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2023, 01:51:55 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
This must vault the Suns to probably joint faves with Denver to come out of the East? Though their depth isn't the greatest, they would have this five to start/finish games:

KD
Booker
Ayton
Craig
CP3
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2023, 08:41:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
This must vault the Suns to probably joint faves with Denver to come out of the East? Though their depth isn't the greatest, they would have this five to start/finish games:

KD
Booker
Ayton
Craig
CP3
I give Phx and Denver both a 0% chance to come out of the East.  The West though, that's a different story   ;)

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2023, 08:44:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The thing that sucks is that I can see the Suns stealing our buyout candidates now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2023, 08:56:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
The thing that sucks is that I can see the Suns stealing our buyout candidates now.
that's a possibility but the C's have an even better chance than Phx of getting to the finals and they have the ability to offer more money.  I'd be more concerned with the buyout options being low quality such that there's no one worth signing