Author Topic: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested  (Read 7864 times)

Re: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2023, 09:48:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Brad Stevens usually doesn’t let stuff go public and even when he’s made signings or trades before, they typically come out of nowhere and without much “buzz” before it.

So I’m not sure how all of a sudden it’s out there that the C’s are “making calls about Durant and talking about Jaylen”. In fact I haven’t heard anyone else besides SAS backing up what he’s saying, or that the Nets are even trading KD (or KD himself requesting a trade).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2023, 09:59:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Given the reports about the Nets and Raptors trade discussions, this is obviously just pure and utter nonsense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2023, 10:18:36 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
When was the last time that a rumored Celtics trade actually took place?

JB isn’t going anywhere.

Mike

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2023, 01:45:41 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Still, it does make sense if JB doesn't plan an extention with Celtics. And it very much could be possible...

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2023, 07:58:55 AM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
The Nets are a clown organization starting at the top. Aside from poor relationships with the players, Tsai/Marks either have an uncontrollable amount of leaks or are purposely (not to mention idiotically) planting stories to fit the agenda.

After the JB rumors this summer, I have a tough time thinking Brad would even engage those clowns for a conversation let alone a deal.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2023, 11:44:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Would you be in favor of a Rudy Gobert style offer in the off-season?

Celtics trade: Brogdon, White, Kornet, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030 #1s, 2025, 2027, 2029 pick swaps
Nets trade:  Durant, Mills

Timelord / Horford
Durant / Williams / Gallinari
Tatum / Hauser
Brown
Smart / Pritchard / Mills

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.  Seth Curry?

It's a ton to give up.  Two starting-level rotation players and every pick for the next seven years would be compromised.  But, I think I'd do it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 12:06:27 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Celtics trade: Brogdon, White, Kornet, 2024, 2026, 2028, 2030 #1s, 2025, 2027, 2029 pick swaps

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.

It's a ton to give up.  Two starting-level rotation players and every pick for the next seven years would be compromised.  But, I think I'd do it.

Is this contingent on them not winning the title this season?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2023, 11:47:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

And, what free agent would we sign at SG?  Maybe Kelly Oubre?  Or Thybulle?  Or both, depending on whether Thybulle gets more than the minimum.

Nope
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2023, 11:56:16 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

I would not be opposed to something like that.  This would be a team hard to beat if healthy for 3 years.  The hard part is no youth coming in.  There will be a lot of vet ring chasers to sign.  4 years and potential for 2-3 chips would be amazing.

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2023, 11:58:49 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

I would not be opposed to something like that.  This would be a team hard to beat if healthy for 3 years.  The hard part is no youth coming in.  There will be a lot of vet ring chasers to sign.  4 years and potential for 2-3 chips would be amazing.

This is an absolute given. You have to do that. But I think the Nets would want one of Rob Williams, Marcus Smart, or Jaylen Brown. I don't think you get it done with White and Brogdon.

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2023, 12:06:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

Yeah.  I think if we win the title, there's no need to make a risky trade, because the core has shown that it's good enough.  So, assume no title.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2023, 12:06:10 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

I'd honestly rather just trade Brown, White, and a 1st than that package.  More flexibility that way
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

Yeah.  I think if we win the title, there's no need to make a risky trade, because the core has shown that it's good enough.  So, assume no title.

Figured that was where you were going but just wanted to make sure. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2023, 12:08:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

I'd honestly rather just trade Brown, White, and a 1st than that package.  More flexibility that way

Yeah, but you don't like JB as much as most of us.  Swapping Brown + White for Durant doesn't necessarily put us over the top, whereas adding Durant to the Jays would almost assuredly do so (if healthy).

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2023, 12:14:11 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Timelord / Horford
Tatum / Hauser
Brown

This is bad for the exact same reason as trading Brown. It is a bet on right now that trashes the team's future.  Once Durant is spent as a dominant force, and he is 34, you have no team surrounding Tatum and Brown.

We have the top record in the league, two superstars at the very beginning of their prime, and a deep team of quality vets. Right now, there is no expiration on this group.

We could spend just the picks, Pritchard and Grant and get another really strong power forward, while keeping Brogdon, White and Kornet. And keep a future.