Author Topic: Going All In (Two Trade and Buy Out Market)  (Read 2370 times)

Going All In (Two Trade and Buy Out Market)
« on: February 04, 2023, 10:18:10 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
The Celtics being in win now mode and not afraid to spend money can go all in with a couple moves.  The trade I'm looking at is doable but also not likely.  But with it being that type of board figured it would be an interesting time.  Come up with a legit trade, that's doable and not completely one sided.  Like trading our bench for KAT, lets see if people can actually listen and have a discussion. 

#1 Trade
Celtics - Gallinari, Jackson, Kornet, Grant Williams, Pritchard and one of the 2023 2nd round picks.
Pacers - Buddy Hield, Jalen Smith

Celtics get the scorer off the bench we need with Buddy Hield.  Jalen Smith gives us a the big man we're needing for this year, next and player option for the 3rd year.  Pacers do this for a couple reasons.  Pritchard gets a bigger role for them being the second point guard behind Haliburton.  Grant Williams becomes a better fit for the Pacers with now keeping Myles Turner.  William is able to be the shooting big next to Turner and Haliburton would be a good fit with as well.  Williams would be able to get a pay day in the offseason with Hield off there books.  Gallinari becomes a piece they can trade in the offseason if they'd like or keep him for the year. 

#2 Trade
Knicks - Cam Reddish
Celtics - 2nd round 2023

Celtics take a flyer on Cam for the rest of the year.  Plays a wing position that is always in need plus can spell Brown and Tatum during the regular season at least for less minutes.  Knicks get the second rounder they're looking for.

With doing this trade the buy out market would be great to fill in the roster.  Will Barton is looking to get bought out and could come cheap also being linked to Boston it seems.  A Josh Richardson and Nerlens Noel are two other players in the buy out market I'd be interested in.  Granted Noel would be 3rd on the depth chart behind Williams and Smith but Smith can also play the 4 and moving Noel to the center at this point.  The tantum of getting both Noel and Smith gives Horford and Williams plenty of time to rest for the post season.

Re: Going All In (Two Trade and Buy Out Market)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 03:27:29 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Not trading Grant unless its for OG.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 06:47:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm okay with those deals but they don't feel like the home run hits worth it to upend the team's chemistry. It's a lot of changes for minor talent upgrade, the players may not be on board.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
Why would you only do it for OG?  We're not needing a starting small forward.  Plus OG would be costing us a lot more and probably 2 first plus players to match the salary.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 03:17:39 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
I'm okay with those deals but they don't feel like the home run hits worth it to upend the team's chemistry. It's a lot of changes for minor talent upgrade, the players may not be on board.

I can see why you're worried about the chemistry.  I don't think the chemistry would be to disrupted since most are bench players playing minimal minutes besides Grant Williams.  Yet lately Grant hasn't been playing up to par.  So I think a change with Smith and Hield would maybe be a good change.  Also the bench is going to need a boast it seems with Brogdon being the only true scorer.  Do you have any players you'd like to see traded for?

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 04:12:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do like one but not sure that package would nab Smith and Hield.

Can Buddy play wing?   Depth on the wing is a problem.   I think ball handling would be a concern for us as Smart and Brogdon are oft injured..

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 04:42:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The first one doesn’t work salary wise, I believe.  And, the TPE could only absorb one of Smith or Reddish, not both.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 05:09:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
One would assume people would check their trade offers before posting them but then again....

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
The first one doesn’t work salary wise, I believe.  And, the TPE could only absorb one of Smith or Reddish, not both.

Yes the first trade does work.  The second one I believe works after the first trade is complete because Reddish fits under the TPE.  The Pacer would release a combination of our players and their own.     

https://fanspo.com/nba/trades/76UYvTK2n_xlro

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2023, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
I do like one but not sure that package would nab Smith and Hield.

Can Buddy play wing?   Depth on the wing is a problem.   I think ball handling would be a concern for us as Smart and Brogdon are oft injured..

Hield is mostly a shooting guard but is able to move over to the small if needed.  Granted we'd be playing small with a bench line up with Brogdon, White and Hield on the court but you'd be able to rotate them in and out the line ups.  Plus also with the Cam Reddish trade I said, he'd fill the small forward and a player that could player a small power forward.  The Reddish trade is more an after thought to the main trade I suggested.  Hield gives us more the scorer we're looking for off the bench and Smith is the big we're needing.  Is their any body you'd like to see us seriously go after. 

Also to your other comment, I'm always going to trade check to make sure the trade works and money.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2023, 05:39:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yes the first trade does work.  The second one I believe works after the first trade is complete because Reddish fits under the TPE.  The Pacer would release a combination of our players and their own.     

According to ESPN those 5 salaries aren’t within 125% + $100k of Hield’s salary.  Even if they were, we would need to use the TPE on Smith, meaning it would not be available for Reddish.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 04:16:28 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla

According to ESPN those 5 salaries aren’t within 125% + $100k of Hield’s salary.  Even if they were, we would need to use the TPE on Smith, meaning it would not be available for Reddish.

If you look at the link I posted it's another NBA trade machine and it works.  This one also realize about the Pacers needing to cut players to do the trades.  If you use another one such as this one, you'd need to add in Griffin to get the trade to work.  Even then, you can make the trade. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7687243