Author Topic: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested  (Read 7938 times)

Re: Garbage SAS "rumor": KD on "verge" of being traded; Celtics interested
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2023, 08:58:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The thing that sucks is that I can see the Suns stealing our buyout candidates now.
that's a possibility but the C's have an even better chance than Phx of getting to the finals and they have the ability to offer more money.  I'd be more concerned with the buyout options being low quality such that there's no one worth signing

Well, that too.

I'd be curious to see what the various players are thinking.  I've seen some in the media instantly label the Suns the favorites for the title, while others are simply calling them "one of the favorites".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2023, 11:36:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
So was Stephen A. proven correct?  At least the "on the verge of being traded" part?  Or was he just lucky?

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2023, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The thing that sucks is that I can see the Suns stealing our buyout candidates now.
that's a possibility but the C's have an even better chance than Phx of getting to the finals and they have the ability to offer more money.  I'd be more concerned with the buyout options being low quality such that there's no one worth signing

Well, that too.

I'd be curious to see what the various players are thinking.  I've seen some in the media instantly label the Suns the favorites for the title, while others are simply calling them "one of the favorites".

The Celtics can still out spend them as long as Galinari is on the team with the injury exception

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2023, 11:46:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So was Stephen A. proven correct?  At least the "on the verge of being traded" part?  Or was he just lucky?

Impossible to say.  I’m skeptical that we were calling.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2023, 11:48:37 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Well, that too.

It'll be interesting to speculate after all the dominoes fall.  I feel like often the top buyout candidates flock to veteran teams and certain cities anyway.  Wasn't Dragic one of the more sought after buyout guys last year and he chose the Nets (who were in 8th at the time).  Similar with Andre Drummond in '21 when he chose the Lakers (who were in 4th, but starting to freefall with James/Davis both out and finished 8th).  Or Oladipo also in '21 chose the 6th place Heat.  And we'll have to see how this one plays out, but some reports are saying Russell Westbrook is going to join the 6th place Clippers.

Not that teams like Boston (or say Milwaukee) are never able to sign buyout guys, they do land their fair share.  But I think there's certain buyout guys that if they do choose Durant and Phoenix, would have chosen Durant and Brooklyn, or they would have gone to LAC with Kawhi/George, or LeBron and the Lakers (if they had a pulse), or Miami.  Marquee cities and/or top American stars from the previous generation that are still on top have a certain appeal.

Which will lead me to speculate if a top buyout guy signs wit Phoenix, did the Celtics (or Bucks or Nuggets or Grizzlies) ever have a chance?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2023, 11:51:21 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Impossible to say.  I’m skeptical that we were calling.

He was right that the Nets were working hard to trade him.  As to the Celtics, I doubt that too.  I believe that the Celtics entertained some discussion over the summer so maybe the Nets checked back in, but based on the scale of the final deal with PHO, there is no way that the Celtics were actively involved in an actual trade.  Maybe interested in being a third team facilitator but not the principle team.