Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 28319 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2023, 08:26:34 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Woj: 'It's more likely than not Kyrie Irving stays in Dallas'
Either way, the Mavericks acquired Irving to keep him and they have the capacity to offer him the most money. “I think it’s more likely than not Kyrie Irving stays in Dallas,” said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN. “Just because of what they invested in him. And his chance to get the kind of contract he wants… I think given of what they gave up and Dallas’ track record of being willing to pay players who want to be there. I think it’s more likely than not Kyrie Irving is in Dallas. Of course it can all change. – via RealGM

We shall see.  Dallas is not a bad spot for him.  They will have the most flexibility to sign him to big money.  I don't think Kyrie minds playing with another star.  He sought out Durant.  It is going to be a touch fit but Kyrie is such a contrarian, maybe he wants to make it work just to prove everyone wrong.

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2023, 08:29:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Either way, the Mavericks acquired Irving to keep him and they have the capacity to offer him the most money. “I think it’s more likely than not Kyrie Irving stays in Dallas,” said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN. “Just because of what they invested in him. And his chance to get the kind of contract he wants… I think given of what they gave up and Dallas’ track record of being willing to pay players who want to be there. I think it’s more likely than not Kyrie Irving is in Dallas. Of course it can all change. – via RealGM

We shall see.  Dallas is not a bad spot for him.  They will have the most flexibility to sign him to big money.  I don't think Kyrie minds playing with another star.  He sought out Durant.  It is going to be a touch fit but Kyrie is such a contrarian, maybe he wants to make it work just to prove everyone wrong.

This is one report where Woj just doesn't have a lot of insider credibility.  "More likely than not" is just an educated guess about Bird rights and the potential market.  But, there isn't a single person on this earth who can get inside Kyrie's head and tell us what that man is going to do in five months.  Kyrie himself doesn't have a clue, I bet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2023, 10:16:04 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
It's a tight race, but the Mavs are now the 7 seed and are slipping a bit. Wonder how long before Kyrie starts to pout again
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2023, 10:39:37 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Except it doesn’t look like a Kyrie/Luka duo is working. The defense is real bad with those two sharing the court. 0-2 so far and Kyrie is now out with a back injury.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 10:49:16 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2023, 10:53:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Kyrie himself doesn't have a clue, I bet.

Quote of the month.

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2023, 11:01:50 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Except it doesn’t look like a Kyrie/Luka duo is working. The defense is real bad with those two sharing the court. 0-2 so far and Kyrie is now out with a back injury.

I think you need to give it more than 3 games.  I agree (and said) it is a tough fit but that doesn't mean they won't work it out.

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2023, 11:33:37 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I think you need to give it more than 3 games.  I agree (and said) it is a tough fit but that doesn't mean they won't work it out.

Of course, I’m just saying that so far it’s looking like I thought it would. The defense looks bad. Both guys are below average defensively and I don’t see that changing much with time.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2023, 02:43:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/kyrie-irving-rant-twitch-freedom-tesla-gambling-media-fan-mavs-pelicans-01gv3g75wc8e

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but apparently Kyrie has gone off on a few more unhinged rants over the past few days.

Dallas fans have to be sweating that his brief hiatus from controversy already appears to be coming to an end haha And I don’t think it’s a coincidence given their lack of meeting expectations thus far.

« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2023, 03:10:00 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/kyrie-irving-rant-twitch-freedom-tesla-gambling-media-fan-mavs-pelicans-01gv3g75wc8e

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but apparently Kyrie has gone off on a few more unhinged rants over the past few days.

Dallas fans have to be sweating that his brief hiatus from controversy already appears to be coming to an end haha And I don’t think it’s a coincidence given their lack of meeting expectations thus far.

Yeah, this is all too predictable. We all know how badly this is going to end for the Mavs, as well as for whichever team is the next one to foolishly welcome Kyrie.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2023, 03:18:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I did love the way he sort of trails off when he kept mock-asking all the questions he gets about leaving and burning bridges time and again. His points on gambling are pretty fair, it is a blight.

I think his communitarian idea of freedom and what that means is a whole nother thing though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2023, 04:04:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I did love the way he sort of trails off when he kept mock-asking all the questions he gets about leaving and burning bridges time and again. His points on gambling are pretty fair, it is a blight.

I think his communitarian idea of freedom and what that means is a whole nother thing though

Yeah, I mean when he talks about “kids in the Congo” and all this stuff, it’s hard to take him seriously and respectfully when he was with Nike for so long and overlooked those kinds of abuses as long as it’s making him millions.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he pulls a Dave Chappelle and all of a sudden up and leaves at some point.

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2023, 02:52:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Kyrie has missed the last few games and very likely won't play tonight. Doncic has also missed time recently to injury, and so have some other Mavs.

Crazy as it sounds, there's a real chance the Mavs miss the playoffs entirely. I wonder what that'll mean going forward. I'm curious to see if Kyrie tries to come back sooner rather than later, because if not then I can't help but feel he has checked out on another team (or he realizes this year's Mavs team has no shot anyways)

It's not Kyrie's fault that they are slipping, but I wonder if the recent losing stretch has any impact on what the Mavs will do this offseason, or if Kyrie is enjoying his Dallas experience (which, yes, for Kyrie it does matter). Do they still give Kyrie 200M?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2023, 03:15:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Imagine a world in which the Mavs keep Brunson.  They then could have traded him to the Nets for Irving and kept DFS and Dinwiddie (or just kept Brunson).  They'd be so much better with those 2 guys.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2023, 04:14:34 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Dallas Mavericks are not planning to help Kyrie Irving in a potential sign-and-trade.

The Athletic
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2023, 04:44:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
The Dallas Mavericks are not planning to help Kyrie Irving in a potential sign-and-trade.

The Athletic

Good for them. Think he stays there. Lakers may add van fleet