Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 28602 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Requests Trade
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2023, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
What are the chances the Nets stick with a high asking price and end up not trading Kyrie like they did with KD? I wouldn't blame them. He reportedly asked for a trade because they didn't want to give him a long-term deal. I don't really see any other team giving him the type of long term deal he wants this summer. Why reward him by sending him to a contender for chump change?

« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2023, 01:16:25 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
At this point, I really can't fathom why any team would want this toxic, habitually lying space cadet.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2023, 01:19:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Let's not forget that during his tenure with the Nets he missed practically a whole season for refusing to get vaccinated and then pushed his anti-semitic rhetoric to the point where there was no choice but to suspend him. Now that the Nets finally had a short stint of success, he asks out. Meanwhile KD carried the team admirably while Kyrie was out and must be regretting that he didn't force his own exit this past summer.

« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2023, 01:31:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At this point, I really can't fathom why any team would want this toxic, habitually lying space cadet.

I’m with you.  I guess a desperate team gambles that he can stay focused for a year or two.  The Lakers make sense in that regard because Lebron may keep him in check for awhile.  There are very, very few teams that make sense though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2023, 01:45:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Let's not forget that during his tenure with the Nets he missed practically a whole season for refusing to get vaccinated and then pushed his anti-semitic rhetoric to the point where there was no choice but to suspend him. Now that the Nets finally had a short stint of success, he asks out. Meanwhile KD carried the team admirably while Kyrie was out and must be regretting that he didn't force his own exit this past summer.

Actually KD did demand a trade, but BKN wanted a lot back so teams swayed away

I wonder what BKN does here. It's clear Kyrie wants out, but do they still want premium assets in return or are they basically fine just dumping him at this point? And what does that do for KD, is he still going to remain or will he want out too? We haven't really heard yet what BKN will do in the next week or what their thought process is

I will say though, if Kyrie does get dealt and Durant becomes available, I think many teams who feel they are a star away could come knocking and may be willing to pull the trigger. Like if Kyrie goes to LAL, I think Dallas, Memphis, Miami, etc. are going to be all over KD to pair with their stars. That's the other element to all this
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 01:53:59 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2023, 02:01:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Actually KD did demand a trade, but BKN wanted a lot back so teams swayed away

I wonder what BKN does here. It's clear Kyrie wants out, but do they still want premium assets in return or are they basically fine just dumping him at this point? And what does that do for KD, is he still going to remain or will he want out too? We haven't really heard yet what BKN will do in the next week or what their thought process is

I will say though, if Kyrie does get dealt and Durant becomes available, I think many teams who feel they are a star away could come knocking and may be willing to pull the trigger. Like if Kyrie goes to LAL, I think Dallas, Memphis, Miami, etc. are going to be all over KD to pair with their stars. That's the other element to all this

Exactly. The asking price for KD was way too high and KD himself backed off his demand  at the end of the summer when nothing materialized. He may wish he had stuck to his guns and gotten out of there.

It will be interesting to see if the Nets just want to move on from Kyrie or if they take the same approach as they did with KD and ask for a big return. Kyrie is kind of stuck as he likely won't get a big contract offer this summer from anyone.

I agree that if Kyrie gets moved a lot of teams with contention hopes will make a run at KD. The difference is KD is locked up for 3 more seasons whereas Kyrie can walk this summer.

« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2023, 02:06:28 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

I’m with you.  I guess a desperate team gambles that he can stay focused for a year or two.  The Lakers make sense in that regard because Lebron may keep him in check for awhile.  There are very, very few teams that make sense though.

There are quite a few desperate teams that would be willing to take him.  I just don't see the Nets getting anywhere close to a strong value for him. 

« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2023, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
What are the chances the Nets stick with a high asking price and end up not trading Kyrie like they did with KD? I wouldn't blame them. He reportedly asked for a trade because they didn't want to give him a long-term deal. I don't really see any other team giving him the type of long term deal he wants this summer. Why reward him by sending him to a contender for chump change?

Definitely different situation.  KD is signed for multiple years while Kyrie is a FA after this year.  You can't trust his word that he'd stay after going back on it 3 times thus far.  The value for Kyrie has to be very low compared to KD. 

« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2023, 04:38:42 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

There are quite a few desperate teams that would be willing to take him.  I just don't see the Nets getting anywhere close to a strong value for him.

Which teams though?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2023, 04:44:45 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Which teams though?

This is why I brought up the question as to whether you’d take Kyrie for nothing on the Cs.  If he’s that much of a cancer then no one will take the risk.  As TD450 said above, only a team throwing a Hail Mary would risk it, and even then who would give value in return. Seems like Lakers or no one given the circumstances. It’s always Lakers that have to give me agita at the end of the day.

« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2023, 04:46:48 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

If the Nets don't trade him, he's gonna walk this summer.  So do they value that cap space (and signing a new free agent to replace Kyrie) or getting some potentially nice assets (but nothing outrageous) right now?

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2023, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Let's assume he goes to the Lakers for Westbrook and picks. What expectations would you guys have for that Lakers team in the playoffs then?

« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2023, 05:26:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Difference is KD is locked in for 4 years, Kyrie can walk at season’s end as a free agent.

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2023, 06:15:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
 :laugh:

Nets fans boo Kyrie Irving before game against Washington

Neil Dalal: Nets introduce their full roster on the Jumbotron before the teams took the court. Lots of boos when Kyrie Irving is shown. – via Twitter NeilDalal96

Nick Friedell: Claxton admitted that he was caught off guard by news of Kyrie’s request. Royce O’Neale said he was surprised. Nets locker room feels understandably off prior to tonight’s game. – via Twitter NickFriedell

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2023, 06:36:38 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
:laugh:

Nets fans boo Kyrie Irving before game against Washington

Neil Dalal: Nets introduce their full roster on the Jumbotron before the teams took the court. Lots of boos when Kyrie Irving is shown. – via Twitter NeilDalal96

Nick Friedell: Claxton admitted that he was caught off guard by news of Kyrie’s request. Royce O’Neale said he was surprised. Nets locker room feels understandably off prior to tonight’s game. – via Twitter NickFriedell

Isn't Kyrie sitting the game out?