Many think this is going to be an explosive trade deadline - I feel like every time a deadline is hyped up like this, minimal trades actually end up happening, but just for fun, these are a few trades I can see going down across the league.
- Hornets trade G Terry Rozier to Suns for F Dario Saric, G Landry Shamet, and their 2023 1st rounder (Top 10 protected).
CHA goes full tank mode while shedding salary and getting a 1st rounder in a good draft. PHX gets the experienced guars off the bench they've been searching for. Would love to see Rozier in a good team agin.
- Pistons trade F Bojan Bogdanovic & F Isaiah Livers to Mavericks for G/F Josh Green, G Jaden Hardy, F Davis Bertans, 2024 1st rounder.
DET certainly doesn't need to trade BB as they are bad enough with him on the team to tank for Wemby, but I think they will for a package they like. Josh Green has established himself as an intriguing trade piece, and they also get a 1st and Bertans contract to add to a trade down the line. I think DAL really needs to take a swing on a trade like this before Luka gets disgruntled and bounces. BB would fit like a glove next to him.
- Hawks trade F John Collins to Pacers for F Jalen Smith, G Andrew Nembhard, 2023 1st rounder (Via CLE), and a future 2nd rounder.
The Myles Turner signing is a sign the Pacers like their team and want to keep improving. Collins would be a step in the right direction. He wouldn't exactly catapult them in to contention, but is an interesting weapon for Haliburton to work with. Hawks get two good rotation players and a pick, possibly more than what Collins is worth in the midst of the worst year of his career.
- Raptors trade F OG Anunoby to Pelicans for F Trey Murphy, G Devonte Graham, 2024 1st rounder, 2025 1st rounder (Via MIL).
NOP get one of the most versatile defenders in the league to add to their core without touching any of the super valuable Lakers pick. I love Trey Murphy, and it's entirely possible he ends up being a better player than Anunoby in a few years, but Pelicans are in win now mode, and an aggressive move like this is a good way to show your star player you are invested in winning.
- Bulls trade G Alex Caruso to Warriors for C James Wiseman & 2023 1st rounder (lottery protected).
I'll be fairly surprised if Golden State does nothing. It would be cool to see Wiseman get a fresh start somewhere. Idk...I actually really like this trade for Golden State, so I hope it doesn't happen lol, but it kinda makes sense, especially for CHI who gets a 1st rounder (they don't have their own this year) and a Center - they may very well lose Vucevic in free agency this offseason.
- Jazz trade G Jordan Clarkson & F Jarred Vanderbilt to Kings for G Davion Mitchell, F Richaun Holmes, 2023 1st rounder, 2024 2nd rounder, and 2025 2nd rounder (Via POR).
Kings haven't been to the playoffs since George W. was in office (insane). They can smell it for the first time in a long time and, like many other WC teams, can see that the conference is potentially wide open. This is the kind of win now trade I can see them making to cement their spot. Danny and Utah join the Wemby sweepstakes and get three picks for a guy I don't think they'd even keep past this year. Pretty good.
- Magic trade C Mo Bamba to Celtics for Payton Pritchard & Luke Kornet.
Pritchard and Mo Bamba are too good to be rotting away on their teams benches. Each fill needs for both teams. Makes sense to me.
Some may be surprised that I don't have Miami doing anything, but honestly they just don't have the assets to do anything. They aren't trading any of their main three guys, won't trade Jovic, and nobody wants to take on Duncan Robinsons bloated contract. They may take a swing at Jae Crowder, but can't see them doing anything major.
The Clippers may do something like trade for VanVleet, but its hard to care about or take anything that team does seriously after four LONG Kawhi/PG13 load management seasons. Sorry, Clippers.
Bucks, Sixers, Cavs, Nets will be in play for guys like Josh Richardson, Alec Burks, Eric Gordon, Josh Hart so something may happen there.
Looking forward to the deadline and hopefully we will have plenty to discuss!