Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby  (Read 8510 times)

Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby
« on: January 31, 2023, 06:03:37 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Toronto Raptors are now taking calls on OG Anunoby, per Shams Charania.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:28:24 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Rumour: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 06:09:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Too expensive. Pass
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 06:12:42 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Too expensive. Pass

He’d be such a good fit on this roster.  Biggest problem is he could become a free agent after next season, but getting him would be amazing.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 06:54:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Too expensive. Pass

He’d be such a good fit on this roster.  Biggest problem is he could become a free agent after next season, but getting him would be amazing.
What kind of package would you send for him? I would love him here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 06:54:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Too expensive. Pass

He makes like 18M so you almost have to trade White in the package, let alone all the picks/prospects
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 06:58:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Too expensive. Pass

He makes like 18M so you almost have to trade White in the package, let alone all the picks/prospects
Anunoby is also 2x the scorer and rebounder White is, and is a better defender. That their salaries are comparable in the first place is a funny abnormality
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 07:02:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
White, Gallinari & Pritchard or Grant for Boucher & OG
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 07:07:22 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
White, Gallinari & Pritchard or Grant for Boucher & OG

I'm sure they will get better offers but sign me up for that.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 07:29:09 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Too expensive. Pass

Anunoby is also 2x the scorer and rebounder White is, and is a better defender. That their salaries are comparable in the first place is a funny abnormality

I’d go along with the idea that he’s sort of White on steroids, but I really do like DW and would hate to lose him. White has really worked at being a contributor. He may be variable in the level of contribution, but he brings consistent energy, head is in the game, can do everything well (enough), good team guy, keeps the ball moving.  Yes, make the trade but I’d love to get DW back someday if they trade him.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
Too expensive. Pass

I was surprised with your comment about scoring and rebounding.  Looked at their games from 2018-2023 to compare stats.  OG averaged 2 min more/game, close enough.  Both averaged 11.3pts/game; rebounds OG leads 4.3 to 3.2/game; assists White leads 3.8 to 1.5/game; blocks White leads .8 to .5/game.  Comparing shooting, OG has higher %s except for foul shooting. I haven't watched OG that much so I'll have take your word that he is a better defender.  That said, I would rather have White running the show as a backup to Smart providing good offense and excellent defense.   Potential to lose OG after next season while White is around for another few years.  A trade doesn't work for me.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

Re: Rumor: Raptors Moving OG Anunoby
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 09:10:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Gallinari, Grant, Pritchard, and Jackson is enough salary.  Throw in a couple of 2nd's and see if that gets it done.  I'd probably do 1 1st if I had to.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 09:26:28 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Gallinari, Grant, Pritchard, and Jackson is enough salary.  Throw in a couple of 2nd's and see if that gets it done.  I'd probably do 1 1st if I had to.

They will get much better offers then that.  The cs don't have the assets to get a player like og

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2023, 09:35:59 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

I'd move a couple of firsts in addition to that package and feel like I was still getting the better end of the bargain if they accepted. 

If it's actually possible to get OG here with minimal disruption to the rotation, I'd do it without hesitation. 

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2023, 09:56:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Too expensive. Pass

if we can get OG for White and a pick, pull the trigger and trust in Brad to get him resigned after this season.  I'd rather have Siakam or Barnes from the Raptors but OG's a very solid player

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 09:59:09 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

I'd move a couple of firsts in addition to that package and feel like I was still getting the better end of the bargain if they accepted. 

If it's actually possible to get OG here with minimal disruption to the rotation, I'd do it without hesitation.

Yep.  OG would take all of Grant’s minutes and more, and be a real upgrade, and I say that as a Grant fan.  I’d add the 23 and 25 1sts to that package without blinking (okay, I’d want to preserve the seconds if I’m totally honest).  It actually saves the Celtics salary next year in addition, because OG will make substantially less than PP + Gallo + Grant’s raise.  Not enough to get under the hard cap and use the big MLE, but enough where the team would have a similar or small payroll next year as this year with the same top 9 players and someone for the MLE.

A Smart-Jaylen-Tatum-OG-Rob starting lineup would dominate.