Author Topic: Rumor: Beasley & Vanderbilt Available  (Read 2558 times)

Rumor: Beasley & Vanderbilt Available
« on: January 31, 2023, 01:11:14 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
REPORT: Jarred Vanderbilt and Malik Beasley could each be traded for “the equivalent of a first-round pick.”

—————————

Source: Michael Scotto
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:28:05 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Beasley & Vanderbilt Available
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
There were reports that we were in on Beasley last year so you'd imagine we'd have the inside track with DA but who knows?

I do think it would be great to add a third wing with size but it would have to be the right cost and I'd hope that's not another first. Beasley also had legal troubles in the past but then that might make him just the right kind of attainable as a trade deadline rental.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 01:26:43 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Is Pritchard “the equivalent of a 1st round pick”? Also a PG in case they trade Russell

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 01:28:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is Pritchard “the equivalent of a 1st round pick”? Also a PG in case they trade Russell

Wrong team. ;)

But, Conley seems to be a short-timer in Utah, so they could have interest in Pritchard.  Plus, he's a Danny guy.  (Wishful thinking, but you never know.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 01:39:42 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Utah's last game, they started:

Conley
Clarkson
Markkanen
Olynyk
Kessler

Beasley played starter minutes off the Bench.  Sexton and Vanderbilt played rotation minutes.  It seems that Sexton is their PG of the future so Pritchard could slot in there as a bench combo guard. 

That starting line up tough though.  Two 7-footers and Olynyk is 6'-11".  Crazy.  I think if Beasley could play wing/SF, he would start as their SF, not Olynyk.  Olynyk only played 15 min though.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 03:28:44 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I did some stat checking.  It turns out that Beasley and Vanderbilt have the two worst net ratings on the Jazz (sorted for players with more than 10 min per game).  Vanderbilt has the worst def rating, worse even than Conley and Beasley.  Rudy Gay has the best Net Rating so not sure what that means.  Gay's Def Rating is the best on the team by far.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Wrong team. ;)

But, Conley seems to be a short-timer in Utah, so they could have interest in Pritchard.  Plus, he's a Danny guy.  (Wishful thinking, but you never know.)

Whoops!

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 04:50:20 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Interestingly, Beasley and Vanderbilt form the Jazz' worst 2-man lineup that's played at least 100 minutes together, at -8.7.  When they're separated, their respective lineups generally perform fine, but together they are dreadful.  Last year Vanderbilt and Beasley were 0.7, but that was Vanderbilt's second-worst partner in MN.  So we certainly shouldn't trade for both!

Re: Rumor: Beasley & Vanderbilt Available
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 04:47:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 Jarred Vanderbilt can board and is a rebounding machine  but he isn't an elite rim protector  in any way for a 6-9 Guy .   Well under half a block a game in 24 MPG.  Now rebounding is a component of defense to some degree, your getting a missed shot back for your team.  He will play hard and scrap but he is a putback guy  on offense.    It would give us some big depth, but a first round pick might be too high for my taste.  I might do a second or two as those guys almost never pan out and he is a legit NBA players

I don't think Beasley would be able to play wing for us as his is a 6-4 guard albeit a good shooter and rebounder for his size.