Author Topic: Memphis stat "scandal"  (Read 840 times)

Memphis stat "scandal"
« on: January 28, 2023, 02:03:00 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Anybody see this post on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/10nbau4/memphis_grizzlies_scorekeeper_posting_fraudulent

Basically the scorekeeper there has been extremely generous eith Jaren Jackson Jrs blocks/steals. Super interesting stuff with people in the comments posting video proof.

While this happened before with Memphis (Nick Van Exel assist game) from a disgruntled score keeper, a lot of people talking about the gambling implications now.

It's just a reddit post now, will be interesting if the mainstream media picks it up and if anything comes from it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Memphis stat "scandal"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:08:12 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I love the idea of some JJJ superfan cooking the books for their favourite player and the love of the game.

Sadly the gambling angle is most likely the root cause here.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 05:02:46 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
I wish more people used this intense research on more things in life that are BS. But if this is what motivated the reddit user- so be it.

I agree with the reddit user on suspicious home stat keeping and blatant missed calls. If stats weren't such a fundamental part of the game, I'd say who cares.

The stat keeper should be fired immediately. The missed calls aren't even close. This isn't high school, this is a billion dollar league.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Stats and pictures are one thing, but gambling is another  :-X

But poor Memphis Grizzlies, becoming a league-wide outrage that they got a target on their back. Recent losing streak, disrespect coming from the Warriors, and now JJJ

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)