Author Topic: CelticsBlog Trade Deadline Rumors  (Read 6573 times)

Re: CelticsBlog Trade Deadline Rumors
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 10:13:24 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The bigger TPE expires today.  We keep hearing that ownership is all in yet they continue to let these trade chips expire.  I don't think they're as all in as they say they are.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 10:27:52 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The bigger TPE expires today.  We keep hearing that ownership is all in yet they continue to let these trade chips expire.  I don't think they're as all in as they say they are.

Who is available that fits into that space and fit into what the Celtics are looking for?   

And don't forget about price.   Teams are looking for more value now because they have time before the deadline.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 10:31:36 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'd probably take a flyer on Reddish for wing help.  He fits and will cost about two seconds. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 10:32:53 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Who is available that fits into that space and fit into what the Celtics are looking for?   

And don't forget about price.   Teams are looking for more value now because they have time before the deadline.

Yeah, it's one thing if you could bring in a rotation player with just the TPE, but we'd also have to use a pick if we wanted someone playable. Making a move just to make a move would be a mistake.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2023, 10:50:09 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I still think a depth big is the bigger need, because against a team like the Bucks or Cavs, if we're missing even just 1 of Horford/Timelord for some reason we're kinda screwed. Kornet and Griffin are okay as "mop-up" guys or for 5-10 minute spurts if needed but that's about it tbh.

That said, it'll come down to availability too. If a depth big isn't attainable but they can get a depth wing, then sure! I definitely hope they add 1 or 2 guys though (even from the buyout market is fine), we're in win-now mode
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2023, 11:21:38 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

The TPE lets us acquire a player, it doesn’t mean the other team has to give us the player we want for a price we can pay. Would you offer Phoenix an unprotected first for Torrey Craig? That might get him, but it’s a heck of a steep price for a player who might not have much impact - and next year you might really wish you had that pick.

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

The TPE lets us acquire a player, it doesn’t mean the other team has to give us the player we want for a price we can pay. Would you offer Phoenix an unprotected first for Torrey Craig? That might get him, but it’s a heck of a steep price for a player who might not have much impact - and next year you might really wish you had that pick.

Exactly.  Just because you have an asset doesn't mean someone wants to trade you something for Nothing.  I don't think there will be any upgrades to the rotation this year.  the C's have the best record and haven't been 100% healthy all year.  Rob seems to not have his minute restriction anymore and Jaylen goes down.  I think the C's need a backup big for Rob/Al Insurance.  Bamba would be great.  Jaylen Smith from Indy would be great.  Losing Gallo was a big loss for the bench.  He's what Hauser was in the beginning of the year.  With Hauser in a slump we are missing that extra shooter for the 2nd unit. 

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2023, 11:30:24 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
What's Celticsblog?

Haha.  An offshoot of SB Nation that clearly doesn't value fan loyalty, its unpaid labor, or the promises they make?

Hahaha

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2023, 12:28:46 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'd probably take a flyer on Reddish for wing help.  He fits and will cost about two seconds.

He doesn't shoot from the outside well enough to get minutes on the Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2023, 01:22:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
What sources does CelticsBlog have?  Keith Smith has no insider info.  I do like how he attributes an alleged direct quotation to “various sources”.

He’s a fraud.

It's funny, seems like lot's of people think many sources we quote are frauds.  Don't know why?  I'll listen to what Keith has to say.  In 2020, he left his job and got hired by NBC to work NBA coverage.  That all fell through due to Covid, but I bet he has more connections using his other media outlets than anyone in this forum!  Let's not forget, Keith was the first to hit us with the Disney option in 2020 as well.

Yeah, I'd say Keith knows what he's doing.  matter of fact, "HE'S THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT"

;D

Again...

Various sources told CelticsBlog, “They aren’t moving a rotation guy. They think their top 8-to-9 guys are solid and match up well with anyone they’ll face in the playoffs. They’re looking to add a regular season guy, not necessarily a playoff guy.”

Were they talking at the same time, saying the same thing?

But, Smith has literally been making nonsense up like this for years.  Nobody cares if you're printing lies or imaginary rumors, so long as they're entertaining.  We saw that years ago with CelticThug, and most "insiders" not named Shams or Woj (although I'd add Chris Haynes as being pretty reliable.  It seems like guys who work at YahooSports have some connections passed down to them.)

According to Smith's article, he seemingly has several Celtics sources that have insider information about the front office.  This despite the Celtics having perhaps the most secure front office in the league regarding inside information.  Trade rumors and leaks just don't come from our side.  These "sources" just don't exist.

And no, I don't think he has more / better sources than anybody on this blog, at least in terms of connections to players.

The famed Deli Guy source was the best ever.

Deli Guy and CROTOR are in the imaginary CB HOF.

I only know CROTOR by it's frequent reference.  I think that happened right before I came on board.  Do explain?

And where's Edgar!???
Yup

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2023, 01:24:18 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 01:31:53 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2023, 01:34:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What sources does CelticsBlog have?  Keith Smith has no insider info.  I do like how he attributes an alleged direct quotation to “various sources”.

He’s a fraud.

It's funny, seems like lot's of people think many sources we quote are frauds.  Don't know why?  I'll listen to what Keith has to say.  In 2020, he left his job and got hired by NBC to work NBA coverage.  That all fell through due to Covid, but I bet he has more connections using his other media outlets than anyone in this forum!  Let's not forget, Keith was the first to hit us with the Disney option in 2020 as well.

Yeah, I'd say Keith knows what he's doing.  matter of fact, "HE'S THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT"

;D

Again...

Various sources told CelticsBlog, “They aren’t moving a rotation guy. They think their top 8-to-9 guys are solid and match up well with anyone they’ll face in the playoffs. They’re looking to add a regular season guy, not necessarily a playoff guy.”

Were they talking at the same time, saying the same thing?

But, Smith has literally been making nonsense up like this for years.  Nobody cares if you're printing lies or imaginary rumors, so long as they're entertaining.  We saw that years ago with CelticThug, and most "insiders" not named Shams or Woj (although I'd add Chris Haynes as being pretty reliable.  It seems like guys who work at YahooSports have some connections passed down to them.)

According to Smith's article, he seemingly has several Celtics sources that have insider information about the front office.  This despite the Celtics having perhaps the most secure front office in the league regarding inside information.  Trade rumors and leaks just don't come from our side.  These "sources" just don't exist.

And no, I don't think he has more / better sources than anybody on this blog, at least in terms of connections to players.

The famed Deli Guy source was the best ever.

Deli Guy and CROTOR are in the imaginary CB HOF.

I only know CROTOR by it's frequent reference.  I think that happened right before I came on board.  Do explain?

And where's Edgar!???

Edgar will sporadically pop in for a day or two and then disappear again for months or years.  But, he's active on Facebook, and following the team closely.

Here's what I said about Crotor back in 2009:

CROToR, on the other hand, wasn't a poster.  Rather, he / she / it was the alleged source of two rumors by the poster Jumbocavs (weird name, but the guy was a Celts fan, with quite a few posts to his name).  As I recall, the first rumor involved the allegedly imminent firing of Doc Rivers.  I can't remember the other rumor, but it similarly did not come to fruition.

It's become a bit of a Celticsblog institution, because nobody knows what "CROToR" stood for, and the poster would never give up his "source".  It was just one of those odd things that lived on, and it has now become the generic response to all of Celticsblog's mysteries.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2023, 12:20:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are doing Pop a solid to help Poeltl's asking price for another team.   

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 12:57:59 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

He doesn't shoot from the outside well enough to get minutes on the Celtics.

Add in that he’s an awful defender and there’s no point in continuing to entertain the idea.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021