Author Topic: Do you see big rule changes in the future?  (Read 1004 times)

Do you see big rule changes in the future?
« on: January 06, 2023, 04:58:41 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I’m not asking if you think there should be but do you think with the way the 3 pointer has changed the game drastically and how skilled so many players are at it , do you think they’ll push the line back at some point?
  It’s kind of strange that a 30 foot open 3 is a lot easier for these elite guys than an 18 foot guarded jumper.

Re: Do you see big rule changes in the future?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 05:08:21 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I think they’ll move the line back eventually but it’s not happening anytime soon.

I think it would be cool if they just completely eliminated the 3 pointer for like a month, or he’ll maybe even a year.  It would never happen but it would be cool to just see the stark difference in the way the games are played
Greg

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This isn't a big rule change, but I could see the competition committee changing the rule on inbound passes, where the shot clock doesn't start until the ball is touched. I feel like the Celtics have been abusing this loophole a few too many times this season.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:16:27 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
This isn't a big rule change, but I could see the competition committee changing the rule on inbound passes, where the shot clock doesn't start until the ball is touched. I feel like the Celtics have been abusing this loophole a few too many times this season.

I don’t think they’ll change it.  Teams for years have used it to advance the ball in late-game situations to keep the clock from running, and the C’s have just inverted the clock management aspect of it. 

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
They are about to change the draft eligibility rule. It's a big change in my book.

Kinda off topic, but it's about time they ditched the 3 seconds rule. It serves no purpose anyway. With the importance of shooting in the modern game and the widespread use of PnR, there is no incentive for bigs to camp in the paint.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:29:43 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 06:15:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
They are about to change the college eligibility rule. It's a big change in my book.

Kinda off topic, but it's about time they ditched the 3 seconds rule. It serves no purpose anyway. With the importance of shooting in the modern game and the widespread use of PnR, there is no incentive for bigs to camp in the paint.

It's also when of the many rules that are called inconsistently.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 06:21:24 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
They are about to change the college eligibility rule. It's a big change in my book.

They’ve been about to change the draft eligibility rule for nearly a decade.  I’ll believe it when I see it.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

The defense can just send one or two guys to try and steal the ball. If ball doesn't get inbound after 5 seconds it's a turnover.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)