Author Topic: Rumor: Pritchard Drawing Trade Interest  (Read 4735 times)

Re: Rumor: Pritchard Drawing Trade Interest
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2022, 09:16:34 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Gallinari/Pritchard for Poeltl works. Cs get big man depth for the rest of the year and injury insurance for Timelord.

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2022, 07:41:30 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Gallinari/Pritchard for Poeltl works. Cs get big man depth for the rest of the year and injury insurance for Timelord.

That would be great. San Antonio is going nowhere for the foreseeable future.
Getting a pick or some second round picks and a guard with some promise might be more interesting for them than hanging on a good starting center.

Guards: Smart, White, Brogdon
Wings: Tatum, Brown, G.Williams, Hauser
Bigs: R.Williams, Horford, Poeltl

I can see that playoff rotation winning a ring.
Some buy-out candidates: Dragic, Young, Joseph, Ross, Schröder, Beverley, Westbrook, Richardson, Gordon, Marjanovic.

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2022, 10:01:38 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Glad we're trading Gallinari before he plays his first game. He'll supply what Hauser supplies only with a lot more consistency - granted it may not be till next season.  Though I think we'll see him by the playoffs.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2022, 10:27:40 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Wonder if the Magic would consider trading Jonathan Isaac.  Assuming he can come back from his injuries, would be a great fit here as starting or back up power forward.

I know you’ve “assumed he can come back from his injuries”, but I don’t see how you can have any idea what a “healthy” Isaac would be like at this point.  He’s played in all of two games since New Year’s Day 2020.  3 years ago he was a good defender with suspect shooting and limited passing ability.  Has that improved while he’s been out?  Or have essentially three years of injury recovery significantly stunted his development?  If teams can cheat off him on offense, then he can’t share the court with Rob, which would make him not a great fit as a PF.

Regardless, matching salaries for Isaac is rather difficult, as it requires substantially more than Gallo+Pritchard.  We’d need to send out three more minimum contracts, or Grant and one minimum, so that’s 4-5 players.  The Magic don’t have that kind of room on their roster.  Nobody does, really, so it would need to be a 3-4 team trade.  Or we’d need to trade White, Smart, or Rob, all of whine are significantly more valuable to this Celtics team than even an assumed healthy Isaac would be.

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2022, 11:06:52 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I would pass on Issac..too many knee concerns
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Golden State Warriors and other potential playoff teams have reportedly expressed interest in trading for Boston Celtics guard Payton Pritchard.

According to Brian Robb of MassLive.com, Pritchard's three-point shooting ability and affordable contract have made him a popular target for the Warriors and other teams, but the Celtics have shown no interest in moving him.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 05:15:44 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
The Golden State Warriors and other potential playoff teams have reportedly expressed interest in trading for Boston Celtics guard Payton Pritchard.

According to Brian Robb of MassLive.com, Pritchard's three-point shooting ability and affordable contract have made him a popular target for the Warriors and other teams, but the Celtics have shown no interest in moving him.

Feels like a team-released rumor to pump up his value a little.

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2023, 06:37:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Or it could be PP's agent calling around the league to get a market going. He has decent value - low contract and  he can score.  The Celtics I'm sure are in no rush to move him but I'm sure he wants out so he can play regularly. I know I would if I were him. A guy with his skills will get paid a lot more than $4 million a season on his 2nd contract.

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2023, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Or it could be PP's agent calling around the league to get a market going. He has decent value - low contract and  he can score.  The Celtics I'm sure are in no rush to move him but I'm sure he wants out so he can play regularly. I know I would if I were him. A guy with his skills will get paid a lot more than $4 million a season on his 2nd contract.

Sure you can have PP for your unprotected 1st or either Wiseman or kuminga lol. 

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2023, 08:40:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
His agent is working hard