Author Topic: Rumor: Trae Young May Ask Out  (Read 3424 times)

Re: Rumor: Trae Young May Ask Out
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Is Trae much better than King of the 4th IT? Super talented offensively and completely useless on the other end.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 12:32:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Is Trae much better than King of the 4th IT? Super talented offensively and completely useless on the other end.
On average yes Trae is better due to passing and range. You could add his ability to better beat doubles/traps as well.

IT I feel is actually a better defender though. IT could be pesky against under 6'1 players. So depending on matchup IT may give you better 4th quarters.

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I think I prefer King of the 4th IT. He had a crazy amount of swagger in that little body. At some points, I thought we were watching Iverson on the Celtics. Many of us knew that we couldn’t make it to the next level with such a defensive weakness, but it was fun to watch.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2022, 07:23:14 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
whats Trae's beef in Atlanta?
ok fine

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Given Trae Young’s lack of height, physical strength and Westbrook level stubbornness, I can’t come up with one team that would give up any significant assets for Trae (not to mention is exorbitant salary).

It depends on what significant assets means.  I could see the Hawks getting three #1s for him.  A Donovan Mitchell-type haul is too much to ask for, but Young and Mitchell are the same tier of player.

Talent-wise, they're similar but I really question Trae's attitude and commitment to putting the team above his own stats. I'd easily take Mitchell over Trae every day and twice on Sunday.

Not sure what the best fit for Trae is. He needs to be the guy, but doesn't really do anything if he isn't scoring a lot.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2022, 09:43:38 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I don’t think he gets along with the coach.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 11:37:14 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I don’t think he gets along with the coach.

They had a recent misunderstanding which led to Trae skipping a game.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/trae-young-explains-drama-with-nate-mcmillan

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2022, 12:12:52 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
I would not trade away Young if I were the Hawks unless deal is as good or better than  Gorbert/Mitchell deals. Young has star power.

Young is a headcase.

If Atlanta just wants to sell tickets, fine.
If they actually want to win something, Young has to go.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2022, 08:22:21 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Perhaps the Celtics can go get him in case we need someone to reach for a large jar of Mt. Olive Kosher Dills on a shelf. Oh wait...

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2022, 02:38:49 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
If Brad makes a call for Trae, I bet the Hawks will ask for Brown. Value-wise, it would be a fair trade. In a vacuum, Trae is the better player. Brown is a better 2-way player. Personally speaking, I'd pass. I'm low on Brown, but I'm even lower on Trae, especially come playoff time.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2022, 05:47:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If Brad makes a call for Trae, I bet the Hawks will ask for Brown. Value-wise, it would be a fair trade. In a vacuum, Trae is the better player. Brown is a better 2-way player. Personally speaking, I'd pass. I'm low on Brown, but I'm even lower on Trae, especially come playoff time.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=brownja02&p1yrfrom=2023&player_id2=youngtr01&p2yrfrom=2023

I'm not sure that Young is better in a vacuum.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2022, 06:56:29 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=brownja02&p1yrfrom=2023&player_id2=youngtr01&p2yrfrom=2023

I'm not sure that Young is better in a vacuum.

*sippin*

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I agree with you. I also think Brown is a bit overrated, but there aren't a lot of players who make sense to trade him for. Two-way wings at All Star level are hard to come by. That's a commodity you don't give up easily. And though Brown may not be the best fit with Tatum he doesn't stand in his way either.

Player who are arguably better are either too old (Butler, Harden, George, Lillard) or don't fit (Young, Booker) with Tatum. My list of players I'd be willing to exchange for Brown (plus extra assets depending on the player): Morant, Mitchell, Haliburton, Doncic, Williamson, Antetokounmpo, Embiid and Jokic. (in the discussion are: Curry, SGA, Durant, Davis and Sabonis).

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2022, 07:22:45 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree with you. I also think Brown is a bit overrated, but there aren't a lot of players who make sense to trade him for. Two-way wings at All Star level are hard to come by. That's a commodity you don't give up easily. And though Brown may not be the best fit with Tatum he doesn't stand in his way either.

Player who are arguably better are either too old (Butler, Harden, George, Lillard) or don't fit (Young, Booker) with Tatum. My list of players I'd be willing to exchange for Brown (plus extra assets depending on the player): Morant, Mitchell, Haliburton, Doncic, Williamson, Antetokounmpo, Embiid and Jokic. (in the discussion are: Curry, SGA, Durant, Davis and Sabonis).

What about KA Towns? 

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2022, 07:27:04 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

What about KA Towns?

I totally forgot about Towns. He's in the discussion groep, I think.