Author Topic: Nets, Tsai upset about Cryrie's promotion of antisemitic book, film  (Read 23134 times)

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Let's hope Cryrie keeps up the good work destabilizing a possible EC contender  :police:

Nets condemn Kyrie Irving's promotion of antisemitic film
12:03 AM ET
Nick Friedell

NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai issued a statement Friday night condemning guard Kyrie Irving's decision to promote an antisemitic film and book on his social media accounts.

https://twitter.com/joetsai1999/status/1586196102126391296?s=20&t=i4oBeqKpAM4uU0DKiNDcLg

As Rolling Stone initially reported in an article earlier Friday, Irving promoted a movie called "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America" that, as the magazine points out, is "stuffed with antisemitic tropes."

Irving posted a tweet Thursday that linked out to the film's Amazon page. The movie, which was released in 2018, is based on a 2015 book by the same name.

"The Brooklyn Nets strongly condemn and have no tolerance for the promotion of any form of hate speech," the team said in a statement on Friday. "We believe that in these situations, our first action must be open, honest dialogue. We thank those, including the ADL (Anti-Defamation League), who have been supportive during this time."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34898967/nets-condemn-kyrie-irving-promotion-anti-semitic-film
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Nets, Tsai upset about Cryrie's promotion of antisemitic book, film
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 01:22:56 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I mean this is Kyrie we're talking about. But yes, do continue with the ridiculous antics to disorganize the team!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 02:08:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I mean this is Kyrie we're talking about. But yes, do continue with the ridiculous antics to disorganize the team!

No, this is disgusting and dangerous. The guy has millions of followers who will all be seeing this crap. This is beyond "flat Earther" Kyrie.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

No, this is disgusting and dangerous. The guy has millions of followers who will all be seeing this crap. This is beyond "flat Earther" Kyrie.

Mike

You say it's crap. Have you actually watched this? It's 3 and a half hours long.
I looked it up, because I hadn't heard about this documentary.
It was too long for my taste.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 02:55:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Mike

You say it's crap. Have you actually watched this? It's 3 and a half hours long.

Well, the consensus is that it’s deeply anti-Semitic, so I’m going with “crap”.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
If Kyrie wasn't blessed with the ability to play basketball at an elite level, there's a decent chance he'd be on a street corner somewhere muttering jibberish to anyone walking by.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 03:02:56 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Apparently the documenary refers to European Jews as the "synagogue of Satan." And many powerful Jews worship Satan.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 03:04:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
If Kyrie wasn't blessed with the ability to play basketball at an elite level, there's a decent chance he'd be on a street corner somewhere muttering jibberish to anyone walking by.

I think he wants to be a cult leader when he retires/is removed from the league.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 03:05:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Apparently the documenary refers to European Jews as the "synagogue of Satan." And many powerful Jews worship Satan.

Yes, it’s the same basic theme as Farrakhan, as embraced by Kanye:  Jews are frauds, “counterfeit” usurpers who took the label of the chosen people of God from rightful blacks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 03:19:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
It would appear he is a bit unhinged no?

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Mike

It takes 5 seconds of research about the book it is based on to find out it is crap (putting it politely).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2022, 11:14:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Kyries postgame interview was just ridiculous. Him trying to answer questions regarding his recent tweets…Wow.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 12:08:28 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2022, 12:43:35 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Now Kyrie is saying that the antisemitic label being pushed on him is not justified. I don't live in Boston, but I wonder if the things he said about Boston were justified. Apparently he doesn't like it when it's directed at him.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2022, 12:52:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving said Saturday night he does not believe he did anything wrong in promoting an antisemitic film and book on his social media accounts.

Speaking for the first time since he posted about a movie called "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America," Irving made it clear he was not going to "stand down" on what he believed in despite Nets owner Joe Tsai and the NBA both releasing statements condemning Irving's decision.

"I'm not here to argue over a person or a culture or a religion and what they believe," Irving said following the Nets 125-116 loss to the Indiana Pacers. "Nah, this is what's here. It's on a public platform. Did I do anything illegal? Did I hurt anybody? Did I harm anybody? Am I going out and saying that I hate one specific group of people? So out of all of the judgment that people got for me posting, without talking to me, and then I respect what Joe [Tsai] said, but there has a lot to do with not ego or pride of how proud I am to be [of] African heritage, but also to be living as a free Black man here in America, knowing the historical complexities for me to get here.

"So I'm not going to stand down on anything that I believe in. I'm only going to get stronger because I'm not alone. I have a whole army around me."

Next week:  Kyrie gives Mein Kampf a five-star review.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving said Saturday night he does not believe he did anything wrong in promoting an antisemitic film and book on his social media accounts.

Speaking for the first time since he posted about a movie called "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America," Irving made it clear he was not going to "stand down" on what he believed in despite Nets owner Joe Tsai and the NBA both releasing statements condemning Irving's decision.

"I'm not here to argue over a person or a culture or a religion and what they believe," Irving said following the Nets 125-116 loss to the Indiana Pacers. "Nah, this is what's here. It's on a public platform. Did I do anything illegal? Did I hurt anybody? Did I harm anybody? Am I going out and saying that I hate one specific group of people? So out of all of the judgment that people got for me posting, without talking to me, and then I respect what Joe [Tsai] said, but there has a lot to do with not ego or pride of how proud I am to be [of] African heritage, but also to be living as a free Black man here in America, knowing the historical complexities for me to get here.

"So I'm not going to stand down on anything that I believe in. I'm only going to get stronger because I'm not alone. I have a whole army around me."

Next week:  Kyrie gives Mein Kampf a five-star review.
"Did I harm anybody?" is an interesting question.

Kyrie would have loved Henry Ford :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)