Author Topic: Mike Muscala?  (Read 8139 times)

Re: Mike Muscala?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
Full season highlights.  Just a beautiful looking stroke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaFzaUjHYug

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 04:55:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I’m pretty psyched to see Muscala in Green. I appreciate Kornet’s effort, but feel a lot better about Mike being the first center off the bench.

TP’s back at you.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 05:00:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
A couple of weeks ago on Zach Lowe's Lowe Post podcast, dude who covers the Thunder extolled the play of Muscala as very under-rated, and was somewhat a victim of minutes being given to the young guys.  So I think there is value here. Just not a very sexy move.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 05:50:41 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
I’m pretty psyched to see Muscala in Green. I appreciate Kornet’s effort, but feel a lot better about Mike being the first center off the bench.

TP’s back at you.
Except whenever Luke is on the floor, the team plays well. The two are related. That said I like the move.

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 05:52:05 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

TP’s back at you.
Except whenever Luke is on the floor, the team plays well. The two are related. That said I like the move.

The same was true of Muscala in OKC, so hopefully it will continue in Boston, regardless of who's minutes he takes.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2023, 06:00:15 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Of the 270 players who've played as many or more possessions as Muscala, he's 10th in net rating.  He and ex-Thunder teammate Isaiah Joe are the only two players in the top-50 of net rating (limited to Muscala's number of possessions) who play for a team with a losing record.  I think he'll give us a competent 15 minutes a night if we need him to.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2023, 07:06:45 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

TP’s back at you.

I mean, if Brad thought that he was an adequate first C off the bench, I don’t think he would have made this trade. Luke is fine as a 3rd stringer, but he’s not a rotation player. Muscala will be.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2023, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
TP well done.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2023, 08:36:08 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

TP’s back at you.

I mean, if Brad thought that he was an adequate first C off the bench, I don’t think he would have made this trade. Luke is fine as a 3rd stringer, but he’s not a rotation player. Muscala will be.

Eh, even if they were/are comfortable with Luke off the bench, Muscala's shooting gives you a legitimately different tool in your tool box and makes him worth going to get.

As has already been mentioned, Muscala has a team option for next year, and having playable bench bigs in Kornet and Muscala for less than $6 million combined is a nice bit of roster building for a tax team.

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2023, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

TP’s back at you.

Have to disagree. Kornet has been genuinely good, but we have two very different big man roles on this team, and Kornet covers only one of them. For the Horford side of things, Muscala can cover the minutes we need.

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2023, 08:53:48 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
TP goldstar.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023, 09:22:23 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Good call
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023, 09:58:34 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

TP’s back at you.

Have to disagree. Kornet has been genuinely good, but we have two very different big man roles on this team, and Kornet covers only one of them. For the Horford side of things, Muscala can cover the minutes we need.

Guess we will find out soon enough. I expect that Luke will be out of the rotation if Rob, Al, Grant and Mike are all available.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2023, 10:13:57 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
So Muscala has a solid perimeter shot. Can he score inside ? Can he catch a bounce pass and smoothly convert a 5' shot.
Horford can do that, but we need another. I get the game has changed, but you still need easy baskets inside.
Is this guy good enough to help us over the hump to win a title ? Is he physical inside ? We need that with our two finesse post guys.
I'm glad we acquired a big post player, now we need to add a catch & shoot guy.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2023, 10:15:52 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
It’ll probably be situational in terms of MM and Luke. MM would be the better floor spacer i guess. I remember Luke launching threes when he was a Knick. I wonder why he isn’t doing it now moreso that our offense is so three point centric.