Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 293825 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #2760 on: March 26, 2023, 05:03:34 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So… what do the Bucks, Sixers and C’s remaining games look like? All 3 teams have 1 game each against each other so those will be huge when it comes to seeding but what about the rest of the games? Who’s got the “easier path” down the stretch?

I put together a little table of each team's last 8 games. The Sixers have the toughest run, they have to play 7 teams in playoff contention (and Dallas is just outside in 11th spot in the West), including the Celtics, Bucks, and Nuggets, along with Atlanta, Miami and Brooklyn. Boston and Milwaukee have a similar strength of schedule remaining, both teams play five teams in playoff contention - the Bucks' toughest opponents are probably the Celtics, Sixers and Grizzlies, while the Cs are the Bucks, Sixers and Atlanta.

According to Tankathon the Sixers have the toughest SoS remaining. Milwaukee is 15th and Boston is 16th.

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

That might not be a good thing - this year has shown that this team tends to switch off and be overconfident against lowly opposition and try to hit home runs out of the gate by chucking 3s instead of working for good shots. I'm actually more confident in us beating teams like Milwaukee and Philly, because I know they will be mentally switched on and make the effort, than I am teams like San Antonio, Washington and Utah, because they always get overconfident and take shortcuts against these lesser teams  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2761 on: March 26, 2023, 06:46:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Dallas trading for Kyrie ruin their season..I wouldn’t want that guy on my team plus Dallas was doing good before getting him, could traded for someone else
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2762 on: March 26, 2023, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Dallas trading for Kyrie ruin their season..I wouldn’t want that guy on my team plus Dallas was doing good before getting him, could traded for someone else

Yeah, Kyrie is a poisoned pill.

« Reply #2763 on: March 26, 2023, 09:32:24 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I thought this the day they made the trade.

« Reply #2764 on: March 26, 2023, 10:34:56 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, Kyrie is a poisoned pill.

Oddly enough, I actually don't even think Kyrie is the problem there. Luka has been for the past few weeks. Even Mavs fans will tell you that. Now idk if Kyrie is doing "malicious" things in the locker room, but Kyrie's looked good and has helped them win some games when Doncic was out hurt.

I think for the Mavs, their biggest issue is the coach. Kidd just isn't it. Frankly, I think one of the best moves the Bucks made in recent years was getting rid of Kidd and hiring Bud. It's obviously paid dividends for them since.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2765 on: March 26, 2023, 02:12:43 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Really does feel like we’re the only team that can beat Milwaukee…

Nice jinx. TP.

Monster 2nd half for the Nugs  :D

That Jeff Green poster on Giannis was filthy.

Also this is probably like the first time in a long time I’ve seen the Bucks unravel. Brook Lopez getting cooked, refs actually calling fouls on the Bucks (including technicals, on Giannis too) and guys losing their minds.

Now hope the Suns win tonight. Then hope Denver can do us a favor again on Monday against the Sixers

The Bucks are getting older. Holiday and Lopez are having strong seasons, but they're also almost 33 and 35 respectively. Middleton will most likely not reach his former level. And Antetokounmpo may be slightly past his highpoint. Still an absolute giant of course, but after his two MVP's he has been surpassed by Jokic (no shame) and also Embiid and Doncic.

Antetokounmpo is in his tenth season and relying a lot on his athletic ability to overpower other players, so it wouldn't be that weird if he has to adjust his game to retain the same level of play.

« Reply #2766 on: March 26, 2023, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Bruh are the Mavs going to lose to the Hornets again??

« Reply #2767 on: March 26, 2023, 02:37:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

And Luka just picked up his 16th technical.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2768 on: March 26, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Something about him just feels off. Like idk, but he might actually be dealing with a personal, off-the-court issue. Hope it's nothing too serious, but his body language and facial expressions also seem to indicate it. And I don't think it's simply because of basketball or being frustrated at the refs.

« Reply #2769 on: March 26, 2023, 02:57:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Something about him just feels off. Like idk, but he might actually be dealing with a personal, off-the-court issue. Hope it's nothing too serious, but his body language and facial expressions also seem to indicate it. And I don't think it's simply because of basketball or being frustrated at the refs.

Could also be the rigors of the season catching up to him. That can happen when you're not in great shape and he doesn't look like he prioritizes his fitness.

« Reply #2770 on: March 26, 2023, 03:09:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Lebron coming off the bench today against the Bulls. Definitely a dangerous team when they're all healthy. Let's see their chemistry first though.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2771 on: March 26, 2023, 03:13:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron coming off the bench today against the Bulls. Definitely a dangerous team when they're all healthy. Let's see their chemistry first though.

Crazy to think that they could make the playoffs while Dallas misses it entirely

Lot has changed since the deadline for sure

« Reply #2772 on: March 26, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Crazy to think that they could make the playoffs while Dallas misses it entirely

Definitely. Last thing I need is for them to winner banner 18 before us. We need to win now and in this June.

Dallas is garbage nowadays. Last year they were in the WCF. Now they're in danger of missing the playoffs. Luka ain't so tough after all. And Kidd is just a bad coach.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2773 on: March 26, 2023, 03:21:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Definitely. Last thing I need is for them to winner banner 18 before us. We need to win now and in this June.

Dallas is garbage nowadays. Last year they were in the WCF. Now they're in danger of missing the playoffs. Luka ain't so tough after all. And Kidd is just a bad coach.

So I still thought LAL would make the play-in, but as a 9-10 seed. Feels likely though they'll be a 7 seed, or possibly even 6 if GSW happens to slip up a bit.

Dallas missing entirely though would shock me. I never saw that happening. It might not though, if DAL figures it out soon. But yeah, if we're being honest I think Doncic might not even be a Top-5 player in the league anymore, especially if you also factor in defense which Luka isn't good at at all

He kind of reminds me of prime-Rockets Harden. Puts up video game numbers and can score a ton, but not much on the defensive end and sometimes when the refs aren't giving him all the calls, he looks a bit more hesitant/restricted. Still a phenomenal player, I love watching him, but lets pump the brakes on him now.

« Reply #2774 on: March 26, 2023, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Doncic did his best. 40/12/7, but still lose to the Hornets

I said in a previous page here, but that's the other problem for Dallas. Whenever they are in these close games, they can barely get stops down the stretch and that's how they lose these games. Same thing today, even as Dallas is hitting buckets and Luka is going off, they also couldn't get stops in the other end and Charlotte just stayed ahead late