Author Topic: Kareem blasts Kyrie  (Read 5018 times)

Re: Kareem blasts Kyrie
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Kareem loves to whine about something, he always has and always will.   Kareem is allowed his opinion, so too should Kyrie be allowed his opinion.    I think Alex Jones is garbage after his Sandy Hook comments.   But that doesn't mean I have a right to tell Kyrie who he can like or not or retweet.    There has been plenty of false information from both sides of the political aisle.  I am not a Kyrie or Kareem fan either. 

Kareem should run for office and if he thinks he is so smart go run against DeSantis.   He won't because the money is never where the mouth is to these guys who pontificate and he knows in the back of his mind he would lose big time.   Go ahead Kareem run  for office....see what happens....
I'm so sick of hearing this. As if just having an opinion in and of itself is sacrosanct regardless of what the opinion is.

If your opinion is based on wrong information, then your opinion is wrong. Pretending that any opinion, no matter how uninformed, is equal to any other opinion is foolish.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 03:24:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kareem loves to whine about something, he always has and always will.   Kareem is allowed his opinion, so too should Kyrie be allowed his opinion.    I think Alex Jones is garbage after his Sandy Hook comments.   But that doesn't mean I have a right to tell Kyrie who he can like or not or retweet.    There has been plenty of false information from both sides of the political aisle.  I am not a Kyrie or Kareem fan either. 

Kareem should run for office and if he thinks he is so smart go run against DeSantis.   He won't because the money is never where the mouth is to these guys who pontificate and he knows in the back of his mind he would lose big time.   Go ahead Kareem run  for office....see what happens....
I'm so sick of hearing this. As if just having an opinion in and of itself is sacrosanct regardless of what the opinion is.

If your opinion is based on wrong information, then your opinion is wrong. Pretending that any opinion, no matter how uninformed, is equal to any other opinion is foolish.
TP!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
In recent years, Kyrie Irving and Jonathan Isaac are the only NBA players who have actually suffered for their beliefs. They stood their ground and felt the negative consequences as a result. Regardless of their respective positions and whether or not I agree, I respect that.

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2022, 05:03:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
In recent years, Kyrie Irving and Jonathan Isaac are the only NBA players who have actually suffered for their beliefs. They stood their ground and felt the negative consequences as a result. Regardless of their respective positions and whether or not I agree, I respect that.
Why? Suffering because of stupid beliefs only makes them stupider. Nothing worth respect.

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Why? Suffering because of stupid beliefs only makes them stupider. Nothing worth respect.

I happen to believe in body autonomy and freedom, so I align with both, but even if I didn’t I would respect their principles.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 06:13:19 PM by JSD »

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 06:44:41 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Kareem nailed it. Anti science takes about science are dangerous, especially from influencers. Alex Jones doesn’t get sued if he didn’t have such a large impact on society.

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 06:45:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

TP!

My opinion is that the earth is flat and that the Cstrong mods are secretly baby-blood-drinking lizard people.

-Kyrie

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2022, 06:53:58 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Neither suffered as much as A.C. Green
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

The issue with Kyrie is he doesn’t have any actual beliefs to stand up for. Just ever changing gibberish from someone so entitled, he expects his half-baked impulses to be taken as profound.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2022, 07:12:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I happen to believe in body autonomy and freedom, so I align with both, but even if I didn’t I would respect their principles.
No, you happen to believe in your own self-concerned conceptions of bodily autonomy and freedom. Different thing

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2022, 07:22:10 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Haha! I legitimately laughed there. TP

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2022, 07:33:19 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Haha! I legitimately laughed there. TP

Glad to hear it sir, and right back at you  :)
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2022, 08:56:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

No, you happen to believe in your own self-concerned conceptions of bodily autonomy and freedom. Different thing

Which is freedom to believe what you want to believe.

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2022, 11:58:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Which is freedom to believe what you want to believe.
Which doesn't mean it is worth respecting, defending, or forbid consequences for acting on such beliefs.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2022, 01:39:12 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

Right. Because the right to or not to take a medication is not a freedom, it’s a “self concerned” freedom. Do you realize how foolish you sound?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 01:44:35 AM by JSD »