Author Topic: NBA PRESEASON GAMES!  (Read 10991 times)

Re: NBA PRESEASON GAMES!
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2022, 11:35:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bol Bol looks good. Why can't we get guys like that?  :o

He’s too tall, Liam. You know this…

Oh, he's not 6'9" or shorter?
Our 6'9" or under team was said to have amazing size last year when it dominated the last half of the regular season and was 2 wins away from a title

I don't have a height fetish. Just get me guys that get the job done. You don't have to be 7'0" or taller to be a great big man anymore.

Tatum is 6'10"... And Kornet is 7' 2"

;D
Yes, that is their physical heights, trouble is some guys play nowhere near their height in terms of rim protection, rebounding and some guys out play their height.   Kornet is one of the former.

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2022, 11:50:06 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What is the purpose of overtime in a pre-season friendly match?
Simulated game-pressure situation. That would not exist if a team is down by 3 or less with less than 24 seconds to go because tying the score has no benefit if you going to call it a draw anyway.

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2022, 11:50:10 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Our 6'9" or under team was said to have amazing size last year when it dominated the last half of the regular season and was 2 wins away from a title

I don't have a height fetish. Just get me guys that get the job done. You don't have to be 7'0" or taller to be a great big man anymore.

;D

Tatum seems to get taller every year:

Measured 6’8.25 in shoes, 204 lbs, 6’11 wingspan, and a 8’10.5 standing reach at the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit

That was in shoes.  So at best, 6'-7" at age 18 without shoes.  He is listed by nba.com as 6'-8".  The standard now is to list official heights without shoes.  He is 6'-8".  That is how tall he is.  Nice height for a wing.  He doesn't need to be any taller.

We have enough height.  Horford, RWill, Gallinari, Vonleh, Griffin, all 6'-9" or 6'-10".  Then there is Kornet.  That is plenty of height.  Not so different than the old days like when Dave Cowens was a center.  It would be nice if Grant was a couple of inches taller but what can you do.  He is really the only truly undersized player we have.

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2022, 12:07:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

;D

Measured 6’8.25 in shoes, 204 lbs, 6’11 wingspan, and a 8’10.5 standing reach at the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit

That was in shoes.  So at best, 6'-7" at age 18 without shoes.  He is listed by nba.com as 6'-8".  The standard now is to list official heights without shoes.  He is 6'-8".  That is how tall he is.  Nice height for a wing.  He doesn't need to be any taller.

We have enough height.  Horford, RWill, Gallinari, Vonleh, Griffin, all 6'-9" or 6'-10".  Then there is Kornet.  That is plenty of height.  Not so different than the old days like when Dave Cowens was a center.  It would be nice if Grant was a couple of inches taller but what can you do.  He is really the only truly undersized player we have.

Some people keep growing in their late teens. Those measurements were taken before the draft. If you see Tatum standing next to any big not named Luke Kornet he is just as tall. Jt was playing JB one on one a week or so ago. Brown is a legit 6’6” and Tatum made him look small.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2022, 12:25:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

;D

Some people keep growing in their late teens. Those measurements were taken before the draft. If you see Tatum standing next to any big not named Luke Kornet he is just as tall. Jt was playing JB one on one a week or so ago. Brown is a legit 6’6” and Tatum made him look small.

Since 2019:

The league's 30 clubs recently received a directive from NBA offices ordering team physicians to take precise player height measurements during training camp, league sources confirmed to NBC News on Friday.

Players must be barefoot or wearing nothing more than socks on their feet when measured. The same directive also instructs teams to look at the driver's licenses or passports of all players to confirm their dates of birth.

Tatum has been listed as 6'-8" since 2019 when he was 21.  That is at least and inch more than the measurement at age 18.  Teams are required to measure players without shoes during training camp by a Doctor, and report a precise height to the league.  A doctor measured Tatum and determined he was 6'-8".  Teams are required to submit their height within the first week of training camp.  Tatum apparently is still 6'-8".

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am  6-8 with shoes and I grew until 21,   So people do grow after high school.

Tatum looks taller than Al at times.    I think Grant is shorter than his listed height of 6'6" but it's hard to tell.

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2022, 05:46:45 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I am  6-8 with shoes and I grew until 21,   So people do grow after high school.

Tatum looks taller than Al at times.    I think Grant is shorter than his listed height of 6'6" but it's hard to tell.

No it isn’t.  :laugh:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2022, 07:43:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Marc Davis can't even manage a jump ball...

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2022, 08:04:43 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Doris is like a splinter in my mind!

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Doris is like a splinter in my mind!

This is a good game between the Bucks/Nets and she’s just ruining it. Going to have to find that mute button once again…  :P

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2022, 08:28:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Has Giannis gotten bigger?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2022, 08:40:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2022, 08:41:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
They just said that Kyrie was a top five player. WHAT???

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2022, 09:40:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Mute button.  :)

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2022, 09:44:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Top 5 for games sat out this season?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)