Author Topic: Timelord and White for Ayton  (Read 1919 times)

Timelord and White for Ayton
« on: September 28, 2022, 02:36:20 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm sure they would want some picks as well, but would you entertain this? I like the fact that he plans 30 plus minutes 4 seasons straight.  He's young,  big, healthy,  brings less defense but a better scorer and much more reliable.

Will Timelord ever be healthy? Should we trade him before he's exposed more as fragile.

Re: Timelord and White for Ayton
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 02:41:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Ayton
Tatum
Brown
Brogdon
Smart

Horford, Grant,  Prichard ,

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 05:01:23 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Don't think they have enough value even with three first. But I'd be for almost anything dumping White.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 05:38:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd be all over this, mainly because of Timelord's injury history.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 05:53:25 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
I’ve seen a lot worse ideas on this board, and I don’t think the value is terribly out of line.

Notably, Ayton can reject any trade this season.  That can work to the C’s advantage if we’re one of a limited number of teams he’d be willing to go to, or disadvantage, if he’s not interested.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 12:18:01 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 169
Ayton
Tatum
Brown
Brogdon
Smart

Ayton
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Smart

Brogdon, Pritchard, Hauser, Grant, Kornet

Keep the two big lineup.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 12:25:34 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ayton
Tatum
Brown
Brogdon
Smart

Ayton
Horford
Tatum
Brown
Smart

Brogdon, Pritchard, Hauser, Grant, Kornet

Keep the two big lineup.
Looks great, I'd still be looking for a vet min big, and scoring wing for the bench.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I’ve seen a lot worse ideas on this board, and I don’t think the value is terribly out of line.

Notably, Ayton can reject any trade this season.  That can work to the C’s advantage if we’re one of a limited number of teams he’d be willing to go to, or disadvantage, if he’s not interested.

Ayton can't be traded till Jan 13 apparently. But I think it's definitely worth considering. Losing depth to get the best player in a trade. All we need is for neither Smart or Brogdon to get injured  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 12:56:28 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Just making sure we know that Ayton has played in:
71/82
38/73
69/72
58/82
games in his career.

Better than Rob, but not a model of health exactly.

Also, 35/35 playoff games.  In the 2021 playoffs, he averaged 36.4 minutes per game.  Rob has only played that many minutes 7 times in his career, never mind averaging it over a 22 game playoff run.

Moving this post from the wrong thread.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 01:11:09 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Ironically there were a few Ayton for timelord trade proposals during the off season and the majority of Cblog said no chance.
Same player 1/3 of the cost etc.

Now with yet another injury people are on board.. What is probably the most ironic is how PHX would have jumped a trade like this during the off season and now would probably tell us to take a hike.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 01:21:23 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Ironically there were a few Ayton for timelord trade proposals during the off season and the majority of Cblog said no chance.

Now with yet another injury people are on board.. What is probably the most ironic is how PHX would have jumped a trade like this during the off season and now would probably tell us to take a hike.

To be clear, one reason the majority of the board said "no chance" was because constructing a S&T for Ayton that kept us under the apron (which we will be $20 million above after the preseason) would have been pretty untenable, especially combined with Phoenix' own budgetary constraints, the base-year salary rule, and a host of other issues.

Ayton is a lot more tradeable (barring his ability to reject trades) for Phoenix now that he's under contract.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 01:28:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Yesssss but no chance that happens
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 01:28:42 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

To be clear, one reason the majority of the board said "no chance" was because constructing a S&T for Ayton that kept us under the apron (which we will be $20 million above after the preseason) would have been pretty untenable, especially combined with Phoenix' own budgetary constraints, the base-year salary rule, and a host of other issues.

Ayton is a lot more tradeable (barring his ability to reject trades) for Phoenix now that he's under contract.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true, i think the majority of opinions were solely based from a basketball standpoint.. That being said I am way too lazy and don't care enough to go back and confirm or deny who is correct here.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 01:39:51 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I'm not sure that is necessarily true, i think the majority of opinions were solely based from a basketball standpoint.. That being said I am way too lazy and don't care enough to go back and confirm or deny who is correct here.

We’ll, it was impossible to have happen regardless.  I also think that you’re wrong about what Phoenix would think.  They’d love to move Ayton.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

We’ll, it was impossible to have happen regardless.  I also think that you’re wrong about what Phoenix would think.  They’d love to move Ayton.

For an injury prone center who can't stay on the court and an overpaid 6th or 7th man? i'm not so sure