Author Topic: Fantasy FB advice thread  (Read 71208 times)

Re: Fantasy FB advice thread
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Need little help on who to start for Defense.. who would u start??

Jacksonville who playing at Houston or
Giants who playing at home vs Indy

I’m in 1000 bucks championship!!!!

I would go with the Giants.  Good luck!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2022, 11:21:01 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

Thanks!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2022, 11:40:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd go with the Jags.  I think there is too much chance Daniel Jones has a poor day giving the Colts good field position. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Thanks!!!!!

How'd it go?  Looks like the Giants and Jags were both strong this week.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2023, 05:58:20 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

Thanks!!!!!

How'd it go?  Looks like the Giants and Jags were both strong this week.
Giants had 14 fantasy points, Jags with 17..unfortunately I got my behind handed to me.. My WRS & TE didn’t do anything ( Kirk, Samuel, Kelce)..plus RBS (Elliot & Cook) flop
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2023, 08:10:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
 Need to vent a little here.  My team finished with the number two seed in a ten team league (top 4 make playoffs). I had a bad week, thank you Nick Folk and your kisses PATS,  on the semifinals but made up 19 points on Monday night and we ended in an exact tie (and we go to two decimals).  My league has no stated rule for tiebreakers in the playoffs but the NFL system awarded the championship game to my opponent. 

So I end up in the consolation game but my team goes goofy yesterday and it looks like I would have beat anyone in a championship match by a solid 25 minutes. 

It’s not a super serious league, but it’s with a bunch of college buddies and we’ve been doing it forever and I’ve never won it!

Boo hoo.
Yup

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2023, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Need to vent a little here.  My team finished with the number two seed in a ten team league (top 4 make playoffs). I had a bad week, thank you Nick Folk and your kisses PATS,  on the semifinals but made up 19 points on Monday night and we ended in an exact tie (and we go to two decimals).  My league has no stated rule for tiebreakers in the playoffs but the NFL system awarded the championship game to my opponent. 

So I end up in the consolation game but my team goes goofy yesterday and it looks like I would have beat anyone in a championship match by a solid 25 minutes. 

It’s not a super serious league, but it’s with a bunch of college buddies and we’ve been doing it forever and I’ve never won it!

Boo hoo.

Tough one. Our league’s tie-breaker is pretty simple: higher seed advances.

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2023, 01:52:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Tiebreaker are usually things like TD's scored in the game.  It is almost based on the points scored in the actual game in some manner.  Sometimes it is points from the QB or RB position.  I'm sure you can figure it out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:20:08 PM by Moranis »

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm down 15 with Gabe Davis playing tonight in the championship. Opponent has Higgins and Bills defense.

It's a long-shot.

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2023, 03:41:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm down 15 with Gabe Davis playing tonight in the championship. Opponent has Higgins and Bills defense.

It's a long-shot.

Yeah, that’s a tricky one to pull off.  I’ll be rooting for 100 yards and two TDs for you.

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2023, 08:08:15 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Boo hoo.

That would have worked just fine.  Home field advantage.
Yup

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2023, 08:17:11 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Boo hoo.

Yep.  I begrudgingly accept it, because it's straight forward.  I felt screwed by the rule a couple of years ago, when I lost the tiebreaker due to seeding despite beating the other team twice in the regular season, but I really do think it's the fairest rule.  The regular season matters.

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boo hoo.

Yep.  I begrudgingly accept it, because it's straight forward.  I felt screwed by the rule a couple of years ago, when I lost the tiebreaker due to seeding despite beating the other team twice in the regular season, but I really do think it's the fairest rule.  The regular season matters.
I disagree, I think the fairest rule is utilizing the scoring from the game.  Most TD's seems to work well followed by points from QB. 

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2023, 09:56:45 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Boo hoo.

I disagree, I think the fairest rule is utilizing the scoring from the game.  Most TD's seems to work well followed by points from QB.

I honestly don't even care what it is.  I just wish it was stated somewhere!
Yup

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boo hoo.

I honestly don't even care what it is.  I just wish it was stated somewhere!
It is usually in the rules or league settings.  My league for example in the settings has a category called Playoff Tiebreaker which is "Best regular season record vs. opponent wins"