Author Topic: TD Garden Seating advice  (Read 69035 times)

Re: TD Garden Seating advice
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 09:45:40 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Those tickets are going to be super expensive. I always try to go to a game where the C’s are playing a good team, but not a large market or a contender. Typically a good showing and the prices are more reasonable. Last game I went to was Celts vs Jazz and I was able to get decent seats in the mid/upper loge. Most balcony seats are not worth it, IMO.

Yeah, I'm skeptical he'll be able to find a lot of decent seats for the Brooklyn game for $150.  Hopefully he gets lucky when tickets go on sale.

I'm going to the Spurs games with my wife and kids.  Our criteria is a weekend game that we're very likely to win.  The kids don't handle losses well, even on TV, haha.

Feel like the Spurs always play the C’s on a Sunday afternoon…It does suck spending all that money on traveling expenses, food, tickets just to see them lose. Smart choice picking that game.

Yeah, a trip to Boston usually ends up costing me between $1000 and $1500 (which is ridiculous, but what can you do), so I at least want to make sure I've got a happy crowd.

Much more reasonable for our family:  the Maine Celtics.  Cheap tickets, good food in Portland, and not that bad of a drive.  Plus, the kids have a good chance of making it on to TV, which they love.

i dont think i have ever seen these words together before.  ;D

Madness - Portland's nothing if not a very foodie 'city' and has been for the last 30 years or so :)
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2023, 10:38:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Those tickets are going to be super expensive. I always try to go to a game where the C’s are playing a good team, but not a large market or a contender. Typically a good showing and the prices are more reasonable. Last game I went to was Celts vs Jazz and I was able to get decent seats in the mid/upper loge. Most balcony seats are not worth it, IMO.

Yeah, I'm skeptical he'll be able to find a lot of decent seats for the Brooklyn game for $150.  Hopefully he gets lucky when tickets go on sale.

I'm going to the Spurs games with my wife and kids.  Our criteria is a weekend game that we're very likely to win.  The kids don't handle losses well, even on TV, haha.

Feel like the Spurs always play the C’s on a Sunday afternoon…It does suck spending all that money on traveling expenses, food, tickets just to see them lose. Smart choice picking that game.

Yeah, a trip to Boston usually ends up costing me between $1000 and $1500 (which is ridiculous, but what can you do), so I at least want to make sure I've got a happy crowd.

Much more reasonable for our family:  the Maine Celtics.  Cheap tickets, good food in Portland, and not that bad of a drive.  Plus, the kids have a good chance of making it on to TV, which they love.

Madness - Portland's nothing if not a very foodie 'city' and has been for the last 30 years or so :)

Yeah, I'm confused by this.  I thought Portland was well known for its restaurant scene.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2023, 10:41:58 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Hello all,

So to get back on this topic, my buddy and I ended up buying (indeed rather expensive) tickets for the following games.

2 March: Celtics VS Nets: hoping Durant will be back, this could be one of the marquee match ups after the allstar break of the season. On a fridaynight in the garden, really excited about this. Seats are BAL316 but on row 2, so i guess that should be good.
3 March: Bruins VS NY Rangers: also really excited about this afternoon game, also because it leaves the saterdaynight free for pub(s). The Bruins obviously been fantastic and the Rangers are making a surge after a slow start. Another great game. Seats are again in the upperbowl but I think row 4.
4 March: Celtics VS Knicks: Sundaynight game to close out the Boston trip. For me the Knicks have been playing above expectations and this could very well be play-off first round preview. Also I guess NY will be buyers at the trade deadline, they might get a bit better as they have some assets. Seats Sec222 on row 3 I think.

Afterwards we will go to NY and watch the Knicks play the atrocious but at times fun Charlotte Hornets, mainly just to visit MSG as i dont care who will win. And also have a NY Islanders game vs the Capitals in their new stadium in belmont park.

During our Boston trip we finally ended up staying in Club Quarters Hotel, looks like a great location and its oke in terms of price/quality. Would have loved to stay in Encore but a bit too expensive.

Last question: any restaurants, pub, bars advice? :)

Let's go C's! Really happy with how the season has been going so far!! Would be great if our visit at the end of the day will be in a banner 18 year!

North end for Italian is walking distance from the TD Garden. Carmelina’s and Isabela’s are excellent. Then Mikes Pastry for dessert… so good. Halftime pizza is a solid option if you are short on time and it’s right across the street from the arena. Hurricanes and Tavern in the square are decent bars/pubs and a few streets over.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2023, 11:06:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hello all,

So to get back on this topic, my buddy and I ended up buying (indeed rather expensive) tickets for the following games.

2 March: Celtics VS Nets: hoping Durant will be back, this could be one of the marquee match ups after the allstar break of the season. On a fridaynight in the garden, really excited about this. Seats are BAL316 but on row 2, so i guess that should be good.
3 March: Bruins VS NY Rangers: also really excited about this afternoon game, also because it leaves the saterdaynight free for pub(s). The Bruins obviously been fantastic and the Rangers are making a surge after a slow start. Another great game. Seats are again in the upperbowl but I think row 4.
4 March: Celtics VS Knicks: Sundaynight game to close out the Boston trip. For me the Knicks have been playing above expectations and this could very well be play-off first round preview. Also I guess NY will be buyers at the trade deadline, they might get a bit better as they have some assets. Seats Sec222 on row 3 I think.

Afterwards we will go to NY and watch the Knicks play the atrocious but at times fun Charlotte Hornets, mainly just to visit MSG as i dont care who will win. And also have a NY Islanders game vs the Capitals in their new stadium in belmont park.

During our Boston trip we finally ended up staying in Club Quarters Hotel, looks like a great location and its oke in terms of price/quality. Would have loved to stay in Encore but a bit too expensive.

Let's go C's! Really happy with how the season has been going so far!! Would be great if our visit at the end of the day will be in a banner 18 year!

North end for Italian is walking distance from the TD Garden. Carmelina’s and Isabela’s are excellent. Then Mikes Pastry for dessert… so good. Halftime pizza is a solid option if you are short on time and it’s right across the street from the arena. Hurricanes and Tavern in the square are decent bars/pubs and a few streets over.

Boston has lots of great restaurant options.  I like most of the steakhouses, with Grille 23 being my favorite.  The Palm and Abe & Louie's are great, too.  Del Frisco's, Mooo, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky.  They're all pricey, but all top notch.  Davio's is good and is in the North End.

For Mexican, there's Anna's Taqueria, Jalisco's, and Citrus and Salt.  There's another great one in Cambridge that I can't remember the name of.

It's been years since I frequented the pubs.  Black Rose is always a good time.  Cask & Flagon and Bleachers are more Red Sox bars, but they've usually got a good crowd.  I think that Fire and Ice is still open.  (So many of my favorites have shut down.  Pour one out for the Fours, Whiskey's on Boylston and the Kinsale.)

Barbecue is always a mixed bag in the north, but Sweet Cheeks is good.  And for sandwiches, Sam LaGrassa's.

I'm not necessarily a huge seafood eater, but you've got the chain restaurant Legal Seafoods, the historically significant Union Oyster House, and all kinds of great options by the wharf.

And, if you want to pretend that you're American, go to CheeseCake factory. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2023, 12:43:06 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Yeah, portland is an awesome restaurant/ pub city. The standards are high there, pretty much any place you go will be good.

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2023, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I recommend checking out Somerville/Medford, which are west of downtown and have lots of good restaurants and bars. There's a mellow vibe there, it's a nice contrast with the downtown scene.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 03:37:55 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Hello all,

These are great seats, I love the view from them.  My season tickets were pretty close to these, but not quite as good, and I loved them.

As for bars/restaurants, I'd suggest going somewhere near the garden, like:
-Pizzeria Regina in the North End has IMO an authentic Boston vibe
-Night Shift Brewery at LoveJoy Wharf is a somewhat new prominent local brewery that is really good beer, but limited food menu
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 08:38:31 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Thank you all very much for all the great advice.

Especially on restaurants. It's always best to get tips & advice from the insiders who actually live in Boston.
We will definitely go to some of the places you mentioned.

Looking forward to a great Boston trip, some great games and finally seeing my C's in real life after not missing a game for 13 years straight watching from The Netherlands!!

Regards
Sjors